NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Retro_Link

Prehistoric Park

This new time travelling Jurassic Park style dinosaur series started tonight. What does everyone think?

Personally I don't really like it, and actually seems a bit of a step back from the likes of Walking with Dinosaurs etc... which I really liked!

Some reasons why I don't like it;

- The presenter is an idiot, who dispite wanting to setup up his own dinosaur park, seems to know very little about dinosaurs, how to approach them, how he wants to catch them!

- If your time travelling back to catch dinosaurs, why would you go back to 2 days before the meteor hits; giving you no time at all!

- The T-Rex eggs had hatched (the easiest way to get a T-Rex), so why not just go back to when they hadn't!

- I don't like how they've coloured some dinosaurs so brightly

- The enclosures at the moment are made of wood!

Anyway, just seems abit rubbish to me at the moment!

I saw bits of it, but it didn't seem that great, imo.

However, Jurassic Park was on before it. Had more fun watching that. :p

Seems like a feeble attempt of copying The Lost World (not JP2)

I'm finding it embarrassing to watch to be honest.
I'd have to agree!

Captured the two young T-Rex's using a sandwich!!

Walking with beasts/dinosaurs was so much better. I dont know why we dont have another series in the nature documentry style. It really suited it. but i suposed thats not dynamic and exciting enough to pull in all those viewers :(. Everythings got to be high impact and exciting nowadays, else the whole viewing population will fall asleep, apparently.

Walking with beasts/dinosaurs was so much better. I dont know why we dont have another series in the nature documentry style. It really suited it. but i suposed thats not dynamic and exciting enough to pull in all those viewers :(. Everythings got to be high impact and exciting nowadays, else the whole viewing population will fall asleep, apparently.

This is ITV we are talking about, WWB/D is BBC. Another series would be amazing, but Planet Earth is good enough for now in all its High Definition beauty.

I thought it was a big letdown, first when i heard the storyline second when i saw the cheesy actors excluding the geordie park keeper just because hes amazing and probably went to a top north east drama school.

I dont think its that bad to be honest. Its something different and something i wouldnt have expected. The acting however was unforgivable. When that guy was getting chased by 3 eight-ton T-rex's, he just like jumped into some bushes and said "Whew, that was close, im dissapointed i didnt catch one.." WTF????

Cinematography is excellent, the way its filmed it really makes this shoddy bit of work enthralling to watch at points.

And being quite the Paelentologist enthusiast myslef, anything about dinosaurs is a big thumbs up for me.

That program was so "Hollywood". Its been known for a good few years that the T-Rex and most other dinosaurs infact had feathers. Whats the point of doing some weird docu-soap if it isn't scientifically correct?

That program was so "Hollywood". Its been known for a good few years that the T-Rex and most other dinosaurs infact had feathers. Whats the point of doing some weird docu-soap if it isn't scientifically correct?

T-rex actually didnt have feathers, that has been proven, its only the small bipedials that emerged during the Cretacious period. They also have very early forms of beaks, the current interpretation of a Raptor today in the field looks alot more like Gastornis than anything else.

The T-rex does not ahve the same bone structure as these smaller ones, and with only two Skin imprints on the fossil record, both showing scale impressions, i think the show is pretty bang on so far, apart from the T-rex was not a hunter, because it couldnt actually run, but meh, whatever makes the audience content...

Amazingly, genuinely shit. But, actually, it was on ITV, so I'm not really amazed at all.

You can't argue for or against, no skin samples have been found.

I thought it was quite good, if slightly inaccurate. Why didn't they spend another year on it, making the CGI actually look real? Anyone else think the dinosaurs looked blurry?

the presenter is a total nob-wasnt he on the BBC at one point???

welcome to ITVs dumbed down version of walking with dinosaurs with quite crappy computer graphics. sure to be a ratings winner with the under 10s lol

Sign in to follow this