NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Platty

Cant stand me now ??

The Libertines Reunion..?

Ok so im not gonna get too carried away, it was only 2 old mates meeting up in a pub and having a chat but its a very good sign that their rift is coming to an end... Karl didnt wanna be in a band with pete while he was on drugs but as of late pete is making progress in sorting himself out which again is a very good sign.

Im such a huge fan of The Libertines and I would love them to get back together, They need to be together to continue with their musical brilliance... the babyshambles and dirty pretty things are just lacking that something and its pete and karl being together.

84_Carlnpeten_chuckL200706.jpg

Karl, Pete & some guy from a band called tender box 18th July.

IT’S the news all indie fans have been waiting to hear.

PETE DOHERTY and CARL BARAT have had an emotional reunion to discuss getting THE LIBERTINES back together.

If all goes well I suspect we will see them back on the same stage before the end of the summer — on a very casual basis.

They don’t want to commit to anything permanent at the moment because they have their new bands BABYSHAMBLES and DIRTY PRETTY THINGS to think of.

But if all goes well, the pair — who scored their biggest hit with Can’t Stand Me Now — may look for a deal together next year.

Pete and Carl were encouraged to go out for a drink by mutual friends KATE MOSS and LISA MOORISH — who are both keen to get them working together again.

The girls arranged for the lads to meet up at the Dublin Castle pub in Camden, north London — a famous old Brit Pop haunt. The two former best mates huddled in a corner together for two hours on Tuesday night (18th July).

A source told me: “Carl turned up bang on time at 8pm. He sat on his own drinking and minding his own business.

“Then Pete showed up an hour later — which is on time by his standards.

“They got the pints in and sat together for about two hours. It was emotional for both of them. But they got on really well and managed to soothe some old wounds.

“They did discuss the possibility of working together.

“Carl has always said he would only re-form the band if Pete gets off drugs — which he has failed to do.

“But there was forgiveness on both sides.

“It is the first step down the path to a reunion.”

The meeting was their first proper catch-up since Carl booted Pete out of The Libertines two years ago after his drug-taking had spiralled out of control.

They met briefly at The Boogaloo pub in London’s Highgate last year. But there were lots of other people around and they both felt in the spotlight.

The pair were at the Dublin Castle in Camden - where Club Fandango was hosting one of their many clubnights.

Bands on the bill last night included New Rhodes, The Tender Box, Fleeingnewyork and Tigs - but Barat and Doherty ignored the bill and remained deep in conversation at the bar.

Club Fandango organiser Adie Nunn told 6 Music: "There were tonnes of fans around them taking pictures on their mobile phones. Why they decided to meet in such a public place for a private quiet chat is beyond me though."

The pair have been estranged since Doherty was forced out of The Libertines over his drug-taking. He's since concentrated on his band Babyshambles, whereas Carl has since found further success with his new band Dirty Pretty Things.

Sources: NME, XFM, BBC, The Sun.

Still cant stand him, he's never gonna get off the drugs, he'll be a junkie all his life, which wont be for very long. Rock and Roll, baby.

Ever see GMTV when Pete Doherty SPAT at the reporter and threw beer on him?

I honestly hope that Doherthy is struck by lightning.

Well... Not honestly. But I don't like him all the same.

Hey yeah he was a druggie but he is seriously trying to sort himself out. Like any addiction its hard to get off it. However he cant do cocaine or heroin anymore as he has an implant that somehow rejects the drugs (dunno how it works) and also part of his court order is that he gets tested 2 times a week. If he is found to have the drugs in his system or miss a test he will probably go to Jail.

I honestly hope it happens, but I've lost a lot faith in Doherty. Barat's a top bloke, though.

The Libertines are so very talentless that they are trumped only by the Sex Pistols and The Clash in terms of how much talent they truly lack. Let the flaming ensue.

The Libertines are so very talentless that they are trumped only by the Sex Pistols and The Clash in terms of how much talent they truly lack. Let the flaming ensue.

I'll give you the sex pistols, but The Clash and The Libertines? I'm not so sure you've listened to them.

How did i know the bard would post with his musical expertise. :blank:

In your opinon of course. But i like many others KNOW that The Libertines were and still are one of the most talented bands around. I for one love their music and the unique sound that it has.

I know you're not a fan of Indie bands and you love all that metal hoo har but c'mon how can you say the libertines are talentless.

Hey yeah he was a druggie but he is seriously trying to sort himself out. Like any addiction its hard to get off it. However he cant do cocaine or heroin anymore as he has an implant that somehow rejects the drugs (dunno how it works) and also part of his court order is that he gets tested 2 times a week. If he is found to have the drugs in his system or miss a test he will probably go to Jail.

I used to think exactly like that until i realised he talks absolute shit and cant stick to his word. How many times have i heard he's gonna try and quit? Quite a few, but he always goes back.

The image were he is injecting a fan with a substance while she has passed out on the floor is absolutely sickening too.

I used to think exactly like that until i realised he talks absolute shit and cant stick to his word. How many times have i heard he's gonna try and quit? Quite a few, but he always goes back.

And how many times have i heard people say they are gonna quit smoking and then go back?

Yes smoking cant be compared to drugs but its an addiction which are hard to just 'give up'

The image were he is injecting a fan with a substance while she has passed out on the floor is absolutely sickening too

Yes it was sick and i dont disagree with you at all. He has stated what was really going on but if its true or not... who knows ?

Thats cool. I don't like them though at all, I've heard only a few of their songs, and only because my mates always stick them on the jukebox at the pub, and it's kinda bland to be honest, well, I mean, it's indie, so that's pretty much a given, but it was just, it's just the same boring melody on top of dischords. They can't sing either, I mean, it is always off key. On top of that, they're overproduced to make them sound like a band just playing out of their garage, but this, while it worked really well for the vines, makes The Libertines just sound sloppy. They should learn to play their instruments before they take a stab at making music.

Can't stand me now is tied with Paint it black as the most annoying bar song of all time. I don't know how long it took them to write that song, but if it was anything over 20 minutes, then I can honestly say, that they're wasting their time with music, and should move onto something else.

If you want proper good indie, not this mass popularised shite, listen to Mary Lou Lord. She's quite good(ish)...but it's still indie...

Also: I don't just like Metal! I appreciate all types of music.

And how many times have i heard people say they are gonna quit smoking and then go back?

Yes smoking cant be compared to drugs but its an addiction which are hard to just 'give up'

Actually, I've met a lot of people who have given up smoking. And giving up smoking is far harder than giving up other drugs like Heroin or Cocaine, because Nicotine, is the most addictive substance known to man, and has been scientifically proven to be. If people can give up smoking, then he shouldn't find it that hard to give up drugs.

Thats cool. I don't like them though at all, I've heard only a few of their songs, and only because my mates always stick them on the jukebox at the pub, and it's kinda bland to be honest, well, I mean, it's indie, so that's pretty much a given, but it was just, it's just the same boring melody on top of dischords. They can't sing either, I mean, it is always off key.

Haha, we agree on something!

Actually, I've met a lot of people who have given up smoking. And giving up smoking is far harder than giving up other drugs like Heroin or Cocaine, because Nicotine, is the most addictive substance known to man, and has been scientifically proven to be. If people can give up smoking, then he shouldn't find it that hard to give up drugs.

Nah, Nicotine is more addictive weight for weight. Heroin and cocaine are taken in much higher dosages than nicotine will ever be. Its a lot more harder to give up - I've seen people try and give up for years, done so for a month, and gone back on heroin. Its harsh.

On topic: What the fuck is he wearing? I thought string vests were only worn by my grandad's era..?

I care little about the Libs too. Not my cup of tea, but if i makes some people happy I guess its alright.

I dont like the guy.. i dont really know why, dont flame me, but i jsut dont like te guy..

Does anyone else find that it is weird that so many people admire a guy who is actively p:ssing his life down the drain?

I dont like the guy.. i dont really know why, dont flame me, but i jsut dont like te guy..

lol neither do i::shrug:

Whaaat? I can't believe what i'm hearing here. The Libertines are a quality band.

"it's just like she's in another wooooorld."

:cry:

In all fairness, The Backstreet Boys are a quality band.

1088471373-backstreet-boys.jpg

And no, I'm not joking. Now now. Not ever.

Whaaat? I can't believe what i'm hearing here. The Libertines are a quality band.

"it's just like she's in another wooooorld."

:cry:

I've only heard two of there songs, the one with the video in london was catchy.

I've only heard two of there songs, the one with the video in london was catchy.

I think that's Dont Look Back into the Sun. And that's an awesome tune, too. :)

Yeah it is Dont look back into the sun. Also what became of the likely lads video is filmed a few minutes away from where i live :)

Can't stand me now was a shit song. Doherty is a prize dick and I hope he gets assraped by a randy gorilla before dying of ... lets say aids.

On a positive note, lov the FF IV avatar Demonmike,

I don't like the music. But it's good rock has as least one famous druggy. Seems rock stars are a dying breed.

Sign in to follow this