NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
MoogleViper

Zidane: genius or idiot?

What do you think of Zidane's headbutt?  

37 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of Zidane's headbutt?

• Great
    • Terrible

Do you think Zidane's headbutt was great or terrible? I think he did right. You wouldn't take that in the street so why should you take it on the pitch?

What do you think?

Edit I think my post has confused people. Sorry guys.

Genius. What he did in the World Cup can not and will not tarnish my thoughts on what has been one of the worlds greatest players in the last 15 years.

He is a footballing master.

Edit - Headbutt was terrible.

He is a footballing genius, but as you poll asks whether his headbutt is terrible or great it definitely terrible.

His apology to the children around the world justifies the stupidity of his headbutt. He was provoked, I accept that, but Jesus Christ dont do that in the biggest football match in the world......

He is a footballing genius, but as you poll asks whether his headbutt is terrible or great it definitely terrible.

His apology to the children around the world justifies the stupidity of his headbutt. He was provoked, I accept that, but Jesus Christ dont do that in the biggest football match in the world......

If someone called your mum a terrorist whore, wouldn't you hit them?

I know I would.

Idiotic genius. It's not like that was the first time, all through his career he's had a violent temper that he wasn't very good at controlling.

I know I would.

If she's not one does it really matter? They're just words. He could have atleast waited until after the game to do it.

If she's not one does it really matter? They're just words. He could have atleast waited until after the game to do it.

I think it was then or never. Also he could have not done anything and stayed on the pitch and possibly have lost. Or he could have done what he did and gone off in a blaze of fury. Most people still love him for the player he was, and there are people like my who also love him for not taking any shit from Materazzi. Genius.

No, because I don't want to be arse raped in prison when I go down for assault.

What Zidane is assault, and he is lucky acts of violence like this on a football field aren't generally picked up by police.

What Zidane is assault, and he is lucky acts of violence like this on a football field aren't generally picked up by police.

Do you play football? if you do you should know how annoying some people are and you're better off just hitting them and then they stop being such dickheads.

Do you play football? if you do you should know how annoying some people are and you're better off just hitting them and then they stop being such dickheads.

Yep, that showed him. I bet Materazzi is crying into his winners medal.

If someone tries to wind you up and get you sent off, the best way to deal with it is not by getting sent off.

No, because I don't want to be arse raped in prison when I go down for assault.

You don't go to prison for headbutting someone. Especially when provoked. You might spend one night in a cell, or get fined, if they choose to waste time pressing charges....

I wouldn't have done it, mainly because it was obviously exactly what they wanted to happen (although the guy probably didn't want to get smashed in the face) - they ended up with a player out of the match.

Yep, that showed him. I bet Materazzi is crying into his winners medal.

No but I'm sure Zidane feels a lot better about it.

Yep, ended his career in disgrace and possibly cost his country the world cup, bet he's over the moon.

He didn't even headbutt him in the face - if you're going to be dickhead and get sent off, you might as well get a decent nut in.

Yep, ended his career in disgrace and possibly cost his country the world cup, bet he's over the moon.

He didn't even headbutt him in the face - if you're going to be dickhead and get sent off, you might as well get a decent nut in.

I think he wanted to do it in the face but Materazzi was too tall. Still to nut someone as tall as Materazzi in the chest and knock him off his feet... I wish I could do it.

I think he wanted to do it in the face but Materazzi was too tall. Still to nut someone as tall as Materazzi in the chest and knock him off his feet... I wish I could do it.

Hehe, knock him off his feet. If you breathe on someone on the pitch at the world cup they go down. All off the ball contact results in people hitting the deck.

He's an idiot. He's just lucky in that he gets an easy job kicking a piece of pigskin around and gets paid a bomb for it.

And now he's finishes, he does something "stupid" like that, probably just to get attention from the media and more money.

No but I'm sure Zidane feels a lot better about it.

He certainly looks that way.

200607100624_france-b.jpg

oh wait.....

He's an idiot. He's just lucky in that he gets an easy job kicking a piece of pigskin around and gets paid a bomb for it.

And now he's finishes, he does something "stupid" like that, probably just to get attention from the media and more money.

If the jobs so easy, why don't you do it too?

I think it was great. Its about time an Italian player went down for a reason. Diving bunch of ponces. I know its not just them but it was still needed.

Yeah I use to play football, I played for about 8 years. I never once retaliated to any of the verbal running about on the field. Because I knew it was all that, its just verbal crap that means nothing, and is there to wind you up. Failing to ignore it and returning it in physical or verbal form makes you just as bad as the person saying the insults.

The headbutt was done gracefully, with the perfect technique of the algerienne shaolin monks ot the west, it was genious.

Jesus Christ, Cube. Way to perpetuate the stereotype!

Violence in football is a bad thing, and had he kicked or punched him it would be horrible. The fact it was a HEADBUTT though, raises the incident to legendery status.

Sign in to follow this