NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
InvaderElmo

More polls showing Wii>>PS3

Otona Fami (evidently the casual version of the Weekly Famitsu magazine) recently had a poll to see which of the 2 (face it X360 is dead in Japan) consoles people were interested in buying. Here is the short version of the results (stolen from here):

Gamers (216 participants):

73.6%: Wii

16.7%: PS3

9.7%: neither

Retailers (85 participants):

65.9%: Wii

18.8%: neither

15.3%: PS3

Game makers (33 participants):

69.7%: Wii

27.3%: PS3

3%: neither

Female Students:

50%: neither

37.5%: PS3

12.5%: Wii

Business women:

36.4%: Wii

33.3%: PS3

30.3%: neither

Housewives:

47.6%: neither

42.9%: Wii

9.5%: PS3

While we can all rejoice in Wii wiping the floor with PS3 in most categories (all but the loss among female students and the near tie among business women), I think that one of the most interesting bits is the percentage of Japanese housewives that want to buy it: 42.9%!! Talk about expanding the market. I guess the physical activity coupled with simple yet fun games really does help to expand the market.

Nintendo is working on gaining a female gaming market, Nintendogs being their first and most succesful attempt.

I dont know one girl who doesnt enjoy videogames, so im wondering whats up with the japanese girls..

The mysterious park is this one:

Female Students:

More PS3 than Wii?! I would have thought those nutty Japanese students would go crazy for something like the Nintendo Wii, not a bulky, ugly, and expensive PS3!

lol loks like 360 is the neither

Could just end up being people who don't like/play video games and aren't interested.

The mysterious park is this one:

Female Students:

More PS3 than Wii?! I would have thought those nutty Japanese students would go crazy for something like the Nintendo Wii, not a bulky, ugly, and expensive PS3!

I dont think one should trust this one too much... it wouldnt surprise me if they only asked 8 students (4 saying neither, 3 ps3 and 1 wii) or something like that...

I dont think one should trust this one too much... it wouldnt surprise me if they only asked 8 students (4 saying neither, 3 ps3 and 1 wii) or something like that...

hey! we have a mathematician with a keen eye in the house!

any multiple of 8 will do, but you are absolutely correct. it seems that they havent asked enough people to be statistically good.

well the poll in my house says

Wii 71.43%

Neither 28.57%

PS3 piss off %

I think that one of the most interesting bits is the percentage of Japanese housewives that want to buy it: 42.9%!!

Erm, you sound like 42.9% of the japanese housewives population is absolutely going to buy it. How bout we restate your assumption: 42.9% of the interrogated wives (Could be just as little as 50) are intersted in perhaps playing the wii, as in "if my husband or girlfriends buy one, I'll probably give it a go"... The poll has 3 options: wii, ps3 or none. My guess is alot of people find the wii intruiging and want to give it a go, so they just pick the option: wii cause there's no option: give it a go first.

I don't think Wii could handle haze. But I'm sure FRD Will make some wii games in the future.

i don't even think i want haze, it just looks like anouther shooter to me. at least time splitters had charactor.

*sings* im dreaming of a timespliters xmas 07, just like the ones i used to know*

Sign in to follow this