NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Fierce_LiNk

Job Hunting Woes

In two weeks I leave my job of 4 years and 7 months.

aww is that a bad thing?

aww is that a bad thing?

Not necessarily. My role has been pretty quiet since the management changed hands. Although I will be a little sad to leave my colleagues. Onwards to bigger and better things hopefully!

I have a fool proof way of getting a new job; hang out in that place a long time. I did it with Game, the pub I worked at and Nero (which I never took).

And if anyone failed their basic GCSEs (English and Maths failures would be great) you can rank right up that management ladder at Game. Seriously, our manager left a note and spelled "enough" "anouth".

I'm going to submit my CV tomorrow so hopefully I'll be working as a lifeguard before too long :)

I am 6 weeks into my job as a hospital porter as ysbyty gwynedd (gwynedd hospital), and it rocks! Its really satisfiing, the pay is good, and it was really easy to get.

Ill be sad to leave it come uni this oct....

Today was the best waste of 6 hours in my life. I was bored shitless but got paid for it, a win in disguise.

I now have a job for sat/sun working in a fish and chip shop, but I'm going to ask to switch the sunday for weekdays. Don't know what they pay was, forgot to ask, but at the least it's got to be £4.25, which isn't to bad.

Even with my extensive Nintendo knowledge, neither Game nor Gamestation could see past my long hair to giving me a job. And I've got £140 owed to my brother as well. Ain't no way I'm getting a Wii at launch.

Spare change anyone?

Even with my extensive Nintendo knowledge, neither Game nor Gamestation could see past my long hair to giving me a job. And I've got £140 owed to my brother as well. Ain't no way I'm getting a Wii at launch.

Spare change anyone?

You have to be a good worker (not saying you're not) to work anywhere, product knowledge does help but you can pick it up from working in the environment. I don't give two fucks about football, but I learnt all about boots during my 3 weeks at Sports World.

I am still without job and I have a £500 credit card bill to pay within the next 2 weeks :( and im paying it because HSBC can sod off if they think they are charging me 18% interest on it.

The onl jobs I hve up to now are stocking up a bar every Thursday. Sometimes working behind that bar when shortage of staff and a paper round every thursday. I really need to quit the paper round and get a better job. The money for the round varies wekk for week, the more leaflets i get to put in the paper depends how much i will get. most i ever got was £10, least was around £7. I worked out that every month, with the two jobs i do every thursday, i will get (average of £7 a week for papers) £68. now thats ok, but I want to find a job which i can have fun in and meet new people. Damnit why dont most places take 16 year olds!

I dont even know where to start, i have got a CV, did it with school, (not with personaly but we all did one) and a personal statement, nto sure if thats needed.

had to work 8am-1:15pm today down hasbro but they are paying till the end of shift (extra 3 hours w00p)

lovely 3 days off now

i have a fourteen hour shift tomorrow....yay! £9 an hour!

I'd like to say my second day training was better, but there is only so many corny videos and boring information about basic stuff like trading standards a person can tolerate.

Plus they haven't actaully trained me to do my job, so on Monday when I start I suppose I'll have a whole new world of training. But I'm not going to complain, its bank holiday on monday, time and a half.

Sign in to follow this