NEurope
Goron_3

Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles

Well here's my 2 cents on this - remember the old clips of resi 4 with Leon wandering about using a torch before the game was completely revamped - wouldn't this be ideal for the Wii?

Your character could have a weapon in one hand and a torch in the other!

Then again maybe not - just an idea though.

Maybe I'm flogging a dead horse with that idea! :horse:

RE Wii is probably just a game to make the previous story tight, featuring episodes with returning characters, explaining some behind the scenes stuff; it should be ok to play for those who didn't play the previous games and act like a recap to newbies or people who disliked the old control scheme.

Think side-levels like "Ada's asignment"... but this game is making the story tight for RE5 probably, that's the true sequel.

It might still come for Wii later on though, it's just not planned as of yet... (like the PS2 version wasn't), notice how Capcom is always saying it's not planned "at this time", they never say that it's not coming, if Wii sells... hell yes.

http://www.gamesradar.com/gb/wii/game/news/article.jsp?sectionId=1006&articleId=20060914104935531083&releaseId=2006022811153671099

I hope they make it good, and not some gimic. I really hope it's not on rails, though there is no reason for it to be what with the nun-chuck.

Saying it's "light-gun" means that you will shoot at where you directly point on screen, you won't be moving the character's gun to point in the right direction.

Biohazard Wii indepth

Extensive information on the gameplay and content of RE:Wii has surfaced.

-The game consists of 4 "chapters", RE1's mansion, RE2's RPD, RE3's city areas and RE4's village (plus surrounding areas).

-Each chapter has 2 characters to choose from. RE1 has Jill and Chris, RE2 has Leon and Claire, RE3 has Jill and Carlos and RE4 has Leon and Ada.

-There are several characters that can be unlocked by playing through the game: Rebecca Chambers, Hunk and Albert Wesker.

-The gameplay of all chapters is designed around RE4's. Press the B trigger on the wiimote to go into over-the-shoulder view, aim with the pointer and press A to fire.

-The game will have QTEs, but rather than push buttons you have to make motions with the wiimote in order to get through them.

-All characters will have mêlée attacks, just like RE4.

-To encourage replayablility, each character has strengths and weaknesses, similar to how in RE4:Mercenaries Ada had the least health, Krauser was the slowest, etc.

-Just like in RE4:Mercenaries each character has a unique set of weapons. What's more players can only carry 2 weapons at any one time. Chris gets a pistol and shotgun whilst Jill gets a pistol and grenade launcher.

-You will be able to find several new weapons during each stage. For example, RE1 will have Richard's shotgun, RE2 will have the Desert Eagle, RE4 will have the Chicago Typewriter. There will also be new weapons like Krauser's anti-personnel robots.

-Similar to Devil May Cry 3, after each chapter you can save your data and any new weapons picked up will be available for use in Arcade Mode.

-Arcade Mode is like a giant Mercenaries minigame, where you pick a character and stage and blast through it. Building on the resounding success of Mercenaries seen when RE4 was released.

-Scenario mode will feature a large number of ingame cutscenes.

-New content not in the games that the chapters were based on will be added. The primary goal of this will be to link RE4 and Umbrella's status in it more closely with the rest of the series.

-Ammo conservation will play a part in the gameplay, so it's not just constant action like RE4.

-Trailer coming at TGS.

Trailer coming yay

-The gameplay of all chapters is designed around RE4's. Press the B trigger on the wiimote to go into over-the-shoulder view, aim with the pointer and press A to fire.

Excellent...

All that sounds absolutely amazing!!

Can't wait to see Resi 2 and 3 with updated graphics,

This is gonna be a fantastic catch-up game to fully understand the series! Awesome!

No Code Veronica elements though?!

This gets better and better! :grin:

-New content not in the games that the chapters were based on will be added. The primary goal of this will be to link RE4 and Umbrella's status in it more closely with the rest of the series

That's deffinately the best part, there wasn't enough about Umbrella in RE4 imo.

I've also heard that there's going to be a Code Veronica scenario in RE:UC, though the features list didn't have it. Anyone know if it's in?

Better picture;

Not sure what game it's from though, is it the mansion area?

Yup, that's one of the main hall doors being blown open. It's the room with the statue and the 1F map, right before the cerrebus corridor.

Source is rehorror.net

I check there often, and dunno why I never looked there for info on this, thanks. However, I was also wondering if anyone had seen if the Code Veronica scenario had been confirmed.

Better picture;

Not sure what game it's from though, is it the mansion area?

Yes, the first room to the right when you enter in the pre-rendered RE1 (GC Remake) mansion... the one with a girl statue holding a pot...

Seems to be in real-time 3D this time around.

Here is the pre-rendered scene from RE1-remake (Gamecube):

bio13.jpg

Seems to be in real-time 3D this time around.

Here is the pre-rendered scene from RE1-remake (Gamecube)

Yeah! This is going to be such a cool game, with it all being in real-time destructable 3D!

Resi 4 really was such a great move for the series!

Apart from the hardware news, software news has been nothing short of amazing. W00t Resident Evil, I can't wait for TGS now.

I don't know, reading that description makes it sound like it's gonna be like a arcade stlye light gun action game... i want a NEW RE game (preferably RE:5, i don't care if they may need to down grade the graphics cuz of what they've shown on the PS3, blah blah blah)

I want a new adventure with new scares and to involve and explain where some have been between RE:CV and RE4

Biohazard Wii indepth

Extensive information on the gameplay and content of RE:Wii has surfaced.

-The game consists of 4 "chapters", RE1's mansion, RE2's RPD, RE3's city areas and RE4's village (plus surrounding areas).

-Each chapter has 2 characters to choose from. RE1 has Jill and Chris, RE2 has Leon and Claire, RE3 has Jill and Carlos and RE4 has Leon and Ada.

-There are several characters that can be unlocked by playing through the game: Rebecca Chambers, Hunk and Albert Wesker.

-The game will have QTEs, but rather than push buttons you have to make motions with the wiimote in order to get through them.

-All characters will have mêlée attacks, just like RE4.

-To encourage replayablility, each character has strengths and weaknesses, similar to how in RE4:Mercenaries Ada had the least health, Krauser was the slowest, etc.

-Just like in RE4:Mercenaries each character has a unique set of weapons. What's more players can only carry 2 weapons at any one time. Chris gets a pistol and shotgun whilst Jill gets a pistol and grenade launcher.

-You will be able to find several new weapons during each stage. For example, RE1 will have Richard's shotgun, RE2 will have the Desert Eagle, RE4 will have the Chicago Typewriter. There will also be new weapons like Krauser's anti-personnel robots.

-Similar to Devil May Cry 3, after each chapter you can save your data and any new weapons picked up will be available for use in Arcade Mode.

-Arcade Mode is like a giant Mercenaries minigame, where you pick a character and stage and blast through it. Building on the resounding success of Mercenaries seen when RE4 was released.

-Scenario mode will feature a large number of ingame cutscenes.

-New content not in the games that the chapters were based on will be added. The primary goal of this will be to link RE4 and Umbrella's status in it more closely with the rest of the series.

-Ammo conservation will play a part in the gameplay, so it's not just constant action like RE4.

-Trailer coming at TGS.

Does not sound like lightgun to me Mokong X-C.

I want a NEW RE game (preferably RE:5, i don't care if they may need to down grade the graphics cuz of what they've shown on the PS3, blah blah blah)
I want both, simple.

I would love another RE game, use the analogue to move and the wii mote to shoot, RE4 style over the shoulder. Also i would like less ammo, i loved RE1 with its lack of.