Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Animal crossing (game cube)

i just played animal crossing for the whole morning and i searched for a thread all about it there was no main thread on this game so i made one.

note to mods/admins: if there is a thread on this and i just missed it please close this thread or deleate it. and if you just lock it post a link to the real thread if you can. ty.

;)

well before i said any thing i wanted to wait until a mod/admin confirmed that a thread like this didn't already exist maby people could post pictures of there house or something. i dont want to much stuff to be on here then a mod just closes it. usualy when i make new threads they get closed thats why i'm waiting.

I got bored of this very quickly once I brought it. I suppose it was just that everyone was on a buzz about a game that took 2 years to come out. I soon brought metroid, donkey konga after that and then tos, and didn't buy anything for ages after that.

Well, I haven't played, but it seems to be quite lame. Not the playability, but Nintendo's effort to make this game. I mean, it's an N64-port, with no graphical improvement whatsoever. Even Doshin the Giant got improved graphics!

Animal Crossing looked mediocre on the N64, and it lokks like shite on the Cube. That top down view should enable the graphics to kick all other games arse!

I don't think the lack of grphical improvements hurt this game at all. In a way it suited the game and helped give it the atmosphere it needed.

Saying that though , whilst I did enjoy it , I also found myself running out of stuff to do very quickly and it did get boring very soon. I suppose being online may have extended the life of this title , but have yet to purchase 'Wild World' on the DS , so can't confirm either way.

In essence there is VERY little between the GC and DS version. However, i seem to recall that in almost every review the main problem was that the GC version 'screamed out for online options'. The DS has this, although, the ability to send mail to other towns would have been nice!

I detested the item code in the GC version (a labourious task with a joypad), but miss a few things from the GC town - seeing the postie every day for example!

I was lucky enough to sell my GC version for a little under the price of Wild World on DS through Ebay.

One thing that’s a major difference between the two versions (well for me it was), and that being NES games. Every so often another villager would give you a present of a NES, which with a fully playable game on it. Some of the games in Animal crossing included, Zelda, Super Mario bros 1, Punch out! and exciterbike.

For some of those games you could hook up your Gameboy advance with the GBA connecter and download the game so you could play NES games on the move. I can't believe they removed that.

nes.jpg

I got my copy of Animal crossing off ebay and the memory card that came with the game had a village where the guy had hacked most the NES games into his house. I kept the file and just moved into the village and that guys house is sort of an open arcade now.

• 3 months later...

This is on my Xmas list, my mum is having a hard time tracking it down though. It looks really good, especially with the NES games in it. I enjoyed Wild World and I'm getting this because of all the hype; I'm getting it as a swansong title for my Cube; and I want the memory card. :heh:

I got Animal Crossing 2 years ago, I spent everyday playing it, I enjoyed it. But after a few months daily playing I just got bored, Christmas 2004 came and went but the Xbox I got then remained. I still went on AC a couple days per month, mainly Saturday, to get a K.K. song.

I went back on it earlier this year to pay off the rest of the mortgage and catch any fish/insects that I hadn't got before. I paid off the mortgage and got the statue of myself in front of the Station.

I haven't played it since, except for my birthday to get some free stuff.