NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
mike-zim

Wimbledon

so the world cup is moving swiftly to its conclusion. what about wimbledon? it will all be over in 2 weeks and i dare say that not many people will have noticed.

so this is a thread for those who do notice. at this point in time Tiger Tim is 2-1 up in his first match:bowdown:

keep the news here people.

Henman just lost the 4th set 6-1 dick. he has to make it hard doesnt he?

Henman is and always will be crap, he only gets so much support because he's the only English player of any renown whatsoever.

i know he is crap. oh well he won now he will face federer good luck there. now eyes turn to murray.

How did Henman end up doing? I always love Tennis though I don't follow it as close as I should do... Freeview doesn't help.

I couldn't care less who wins, I just want long lovely ralleys, none of this aceing crap!

henmann won so will face federer in the next round.

So Henman will be out in the second round, faster than usual...

Anyway, though everyone insults Henman I believe he's the most successful British tennis player in 100 years. Or something like that.

to be fair it isnt hard. we get canadians pretending to be brittish so they can just get into competitions.

As i was saying to Babooo in the "post your meaningless post of the day" thread, the fact that Wimbledon is taking place at the same time as the World Cup is asking for trouble.

By postponing this for maybe a week or two, they would really do this competition a favour. More people would tune in to watch, that is a certainty.

not ANOTHER sports cup thingie. Will the lack of stuff to watch on TV ever end??

NO THERE WILL ALWAYS BE A LACK OF THING TO WATCH FOR ME THATS WHEN THE WORLDCUP FINISHES AND BEFORE THE PREMIERSHIP STARTS.

sorry about caps cant be arsed to retype

I prefer Wimbledon to the World-Cup.

I must say i think Henman should just give-up now. He always gives false hope to the British supporters, i know it's harsh but it's true! He makes life so difficult. He's also the type to win against a superb player but lose against a unseeded one or something!

Murray is 10X better. He puts so much effort in he makes himself sick, he takes chances, his more powerful, his much more intense and into the game.

Murray should go further then Tim and in all honestly it wouldn't surprise anyone if Tim loses against Federar.

It's a sad fact, but Tim shouldn't come back next year! We need new people now!

watched a little bit of Henamsn match yesterday, and some of what happened was good, with all the drop shots and the moving etc.

tbh i hadnt noticed it had started.

only until i had heard on the tv, and watching it that it had started.

Also apparently there 5 urkainian women and 1 man in it for them. and one ukr woman is out already.

If in the unlikely event that Henmen beats Federer i will win lots of money...however i cant see it happening.

COME ON TIM !

Tim Heman will be more dead than a lamb to slaughter.

I wouldnt be suprised if he beats Federer, he is under less pressure this time and He has a good record over Federer, won 6/10 meatings.

I knew Wimbledon was starting, I know it's on now and I knew it was coming based on the shitty "that ball is mine" adverts. It's one of the biggest piece of shit sports I've ever seen.

Why do I know this? Because it pisses all over Neighbours.

I prefer Wimbledon to the World-Cup.

I must say i think Henman should just give-up now. He always gives false hope to the British supporters, i know it's harsh but it's true! He makes life so difficult. He's also the type to win against a superb player but lose against a unseeded one or something!

Murray is 10X better. He puts so much effort in he makes himself sick, he takes chances, his more powerful, his much more intense and into the game.

Murray should go further then Tim and in all honestly it wouldn't surprise anyone if Tim loses against Federar.

It's a sad fact, but Tim shouldn't come back next year! We need new people now!

There arn't new people. Murray has sprung up luckily, but without him Henman is the only good UK player. Without him there would be no one to aspire to or to cheer on in the UK. There needs to be a UK player to draw attention to matches.

Though I suppose with Murray now, Henman is a bit redundant...

Henman is and always will be crap, he only gets so much support because he's the only English player of any renown whatsoever.

He is one of the most sustained and best tennis players in the world. You don't as an individual remain in the top 50 (and only recently dropping out) for over 10 years and are crap?

Idiot. He just won't stand a chance against 'Quentin' Federerererere'

To be fair to Henman, Federer is the World Number 1. Not exactly the easiest task in the world beating the world's number 1, is it?:p

henman is getting served :P

..and he is also returning serve ;)

henman was good few years ago but hes getting bit old now so he isnt as agile...federer is in his prime and..well is dismantleing him

Federer was fantastic, so Henman shouldn't come under too much fire from the media. But he will.

Sign in to follow this