N-Europe

Football Season 2006/2007

Stocka

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hehe. ;)

Well, i've also noticed he receives a lot of stick, especially from United supporters. I think he's always played pretty well for us, and has always made a valuable contribution when he has played. He played excellent in the game against Charlton the other week, and he just seems to be improving all the time.

But it never seems like he can run....seems sluggish and a big effort for him to chase the ball.

Think he will be dropped for old man scholes when then ban is over and rightly so.

Ronaldo, Carrick, Scholes, Giggs/park, Not a bad midfield really.

united have had a good strat to the season no doubt but who have they played???? if they didn't get 9 points against them then i would have sniggered.

wait till they actually have to play someone decent.

They played Fulham, Charlton and Watford, and they quite frankly shat all over them.

Milan Baros played 60 minutes in a behind-closed-doors friendly against Lincoln City last night. Hopefully he might play against West Ham and start knocking them in.

The league and goal difference doesnt say so at the moment ;)

I said problems upfront MAY arise. Obviously United don't seem to have a problem right NOW but when the inevitable injuries start occurring problems MAY arise in the striker department. You don't have enough cover right now. All you have is Rooney, Saha, and Alan Smith I think.

They played Fulham, Charlton and Watford, and they quite frankly shat all over them.

Milan Baros played 60 minutes in a behind-closed-doors friendly against Lincoln City last night. Hopefully he might play against West Ham and start knocking them in.

so fulham? strong opposition there?? no. charlton strong opposition? no. and watford. they should have thrashed and only beat them 2-1:hmm:

convinced? i think not. liverpool will finish higher than utd this year. infact they will finish higher than everyone.:grin:

I said problems upfront MAY arise. Obviously United don't seem to have a problem right NOW but when the inevitable injuries start occurring problems MAY arise in the striker department. You don't have enough cover right now. All you have is Rooney, Saha, and Alan Smith I think.

Man Utd have Rooney, Saha, Smith, Solskjaer, Rossi. Yes they are gonna miss Van Nistlerooy but they have enough goal scorers throughout the whole team aswell..ronaldo, giggs, scholes etc etc.

If you look at most teams they only have 4 strikers with probably only 2 of them being any good..

Look at Arsenal, for years it's been just about Henry...Chelski have Drogba who didnt really score many last year, and shevchenko is still unproven in the premiership.

Liverpool have a good mix this season so will be interested to see if a striker rather than Gerarrd is their top goal scorer this season.

We'll see. I think this year is gonna be one of the closest it's been for while.

Look at Arsenal, for years it's been just about Henry...

For many seasons we've had Pires knock up at least 14 a season, maybe a few less last season. Bergkamp use to bang in a few, and Van Persie definitely can and will.

Also didn't United loan out Rossi to Newcastle? So you've got Rooney. Saha and Smith who are pony, Solskjaer who will most likely get injured. None of them are really 20+ goals a season players, like Henry or Van Nistlerooy. So I do see where Baboo was coming from.

May i point out that Liverpool have been without a '20 a season goalscorer' for many years now, yet they have managed to bag the Champions League and FA Cup. As long as you can get the goals from somewhere, that's all that matters.

Rooney, Saha, Smith and Solskjaer as our strike force is nothing to be snuffed at. Especially as all of them, bar Smith as he hasn't actually played in the first team yet, have at least 1 goal under their belt.

A lot of teams get a fair amount of their goals from midfield, and United are no exception. Giggs is on fire at the moment for Wales and he's been a driving force for United. Then there's Ronaldo, who feels like he's got something to prove this season. Plus, we've got the likes of Scholes, Richardson (who is getting better and better) and Fletcher who are very attack-minded. The potential is definitely there.

One thing i've been impressed with is our work ethos. We're starting to play as a team now, and more and more players are actually getting forward. The disadvantage of having a main man is that players will usually just try to feed the ball into their feet and leave them to it. Without a prolific goalscorer, the team HAS to get as many players as they can into advanced positions as they can.

So far, we've been doing that.

May i point out that Liverpool have been without a '20 a season goalscorer' for many years now, yet they have managed to bag the Champions League and FA Cup. As long as you can get the goals from somewhere, that's all that matters.

Gerrard got more than 20 last year

united are short of a real quality sqaud imo. they have 1 holding midfielder. if rio get injured they really don't have qaulity to come in and replace him. it really does say alot about the manager, he manages champions league every year with a less than convincing team.

Yeah we were talking about strikers...as i said everyone is getting on the man utd have no strikers bandwagon but every team is the same....Gerrard being liverpools top goalscorer all the time for liverpool and lampard for chelski shows this.

united are short of a real quality sqaud imo. they have 1 holding midfielder. if rio get injured they really don't have qaulity to come in and replace him. it really does say alot about the manager, he manages champions league every year with a less than convincing team.

I dont agree really, i think United have a strong team. Carrick is gonna be the first choice holding midfielder but o'shea done a good job there last season and even rio played there a few times.

If rio does get injured they have cover with brown, silvestre, vidic, even neville can play there and not to mention the youngsters.

Again look at other teams if chelski lost terry, if liverpool lost carragher...its the same all over.

Aye, that's true. I think i worded my sentence differently to how it was intended to be worded. I meant to say a 20 goal a season striker. At the end of the day, Gerrard is a midfielder, he is not an out-and-out striker.

I disagree with the Rio comment. I think we've got a look of quality in our team right now. I'm particularly proud of the defensive and midfield options we have.

Rio and Silvestre are great at the back, but Brown and O'shea can do a great job there, too. There's also the option of Vidic.

Evra has been outstanding for me this season. He plays in the same position as Heinze, and its going to be a great battle between these two over who gets picked. They're both awesome, imo, but i think Heinze will just pip Evra to it.

Gary Neville is inspiring at the back, and there is also the option of putting Richardson there. He really is versatile. He can play anywhere. Is he a striker, midfielder, or defender? He's one of these all-purpose men-types, so he's a player who comes in handy when players get injured, etc.

I think Carrick will fit in really well with our team. For the first time in years, i actually feel confident about our midfield and defence. We've finally found a confident goalkeeper in Van Der Sar, and this also means that our defence will play with confidence, too. Our defence has been under fire for the last few seasons, but i think we've finally cracked it.

If there are any criticisms with our team, its probably going to be with getting the goals. Personally, i have faith that the goals will come. It would be wise to bring in another striker, but even if we didn't, i think there is enough quality there for us to do well this season.

I disagree with whoever said that Man United don't have a good enough squad. Even though I am a Gooner myslef anyone can recognize that Man United are pretty formidable, definately title challengers. The way they work as a team is admirable.

However I still stand by my comment about not having enough cover upfront. You mancs will definately miss the 20+ goals that Van Nistelrooy provided. I don't care how many of your midfielders can score goals, you're gonna miss him. Thats all I'm saying.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!