N-Europe

Football Season 2006/2007

Stocka

My worry is that once again McClaren will hail this as a great achievement and proof that Gerrard and Lampard can play together. But if it works against the smaller teams and not the bigger ones then it obviously just doesnt work.

He needs to be brave enough to drop Lampard, let Gerrard go forward and actually use a proper defensive midfielder instead of hindering our best attacking midfielder.

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alan Smith said the same about Leeds, Gerrard said in '01 that he wanted to stay at Liverpool forever, granted he is staying but look how close he was to leaving?

Alan Smith is a scumbag. How many times do you see him kiss that Man Utd badge after claiming he was Leeds through and through. Utter testicle, and rather mediocre as a striker.

Henry isn't like that, like Platty has posted, the man loves Arsenal, he stayed last year when it was on the cards, he'll stay this year (I hope :P).

Blades' Parliament plea

SHEFFIELD United want fans to back their Campaign for Fairness by travelling to the Houses of Parliament next Wednesday.

And to help them demonstrate their support, the club will provide free return coach travel for anyone prepared to help them in their quest to win reinstatement to the Premier League.

Drawing a huge crowd to Westminster would be massive coup in United's bid to ensure their plight remains at the forefront of the sporting public's consciousness.

The trip is due to be confirmed this afternoon and if, as expected, it goes ahead a big turnout would add even more weight to United's efforts.

Plc chairman Kevin McCabe said: "We want to get as many people down there as we possibly can.

"A sea of red and white outside Parliament would not only look superb but, more importantly, it would help to illustrate the depth of feeling there is among United fans and beyond about this matter.

"So, to help people do that, we will put on as many coaches as necessary to make sure that everyone who wants to can get there.

"I really can't stress how important this is."

United hope to confirm details of the trip as soon as possible to enable interested parties to make arrangements.

Last Updated: 06 June 2007

What strikes me as odd is how all you premiership followers don't actually seem to care that Sheffield United want a 21 team premiership.

Isn't next wednesday the day before next seasons fixtures are to be published?

I haven't been followong Sheff. Utd's trils and tribulations - my own club has had enough to last a liftime in these past 6 years......someone like to gimme a rundown of what exactly they're trying to do and why?

Isn't next wednesday the day before next seasons fixtures are to be published?

I haven't been followong Sheff. Utd's trils and tribulations - my own club has had enough to last a liftime in these past 6 years......someone like to gimme a rundown of what exactly they're trying to do and why?

Basically they think that West Ham should be punished again or they should be allowed to stay up. What's funny is the mardy bastards think they have a chance and that the nation is behind them.

Although I think a lot of their fans are finding it embarrassing.

They also didn't seem to give a fuck when they were 10 points clear of relegation.

it's completely stupid, and it's getting a little annoying.

sheff utd are going to have a terrible season now because of all the focus on this crap, whether that be in the premiership or championship.

stop crying blades, and let your fans accept that you are going to be in the championship.

Basically they think that West Ham should be punished again or they should be allowed to stay up. What's funny is the mardy bastards think they have a chance and that the nation is behind them.

Although I think a lot of their fans are finding it embarrassing.

They also didn't seem to give a fuck when they were 10 points clear of relegation.

I live in Sheffield and my dad is a Sheff Utd fan and I can tell you none of the fans I've spoken to are embarassed by it at all they all feel cheated by it.

Of course they didn't care when they were 10 points clear of relegation, it didn't affect them (much the same way for example my team Pompey aren't moaning about it) and the verdict hadn't even been decided then.

The fact remains they should have had points deducted, the fine they got was a record fine but it is still a splash in the pond, compared to the riches they will make from TV money. They broke the rules, I mean a fine like that is not going to discourage clubs from doing it if they think they can get away with it.

The issue Sheff Utd have with it all, is Tevez continuing to play. Techically speaking West Ham shouldn't have been able to rip up his third party contract to make him a West Ham player as the transfer window was closed... it's odd how it took weeks for Mascherano to get all his details checked and sorted and all the relevant documents collated but it took just a few hours for Tevez

They have been told by the league that they have a case and it will be heard. the whole thing stinks to be honest, ethicly they have broken the rules and have decieved the Premiership by knowingly signing players under third party deals, they should be punished a lot more than just a fine...clubs have been deducted points for a lot less in recent past.

So tell me if they hadn't "broken the rules" and signed them "legally" would that have meant utd would have got enough points to stay up?

NO. So at the end of the day they weren't good enough to stay up. End of story.

Exactly. : peace:

So tell me if they hadn't "broken the rules" and signed them "legally" would that have meant utd would have got enough points to stay up?

NO. So at the end of the day they weren't good enough to stay up. End of story.

Thats not the point though...they did break the rules...you can't say what if they didn't, cos then that gets into a whole different train of what ifs...West Ham would never have signed him and would have been however many points worse off cos of how well he did in the run in...

I'm not saying I think they will win the case, just I can see why anyone would feel aggrieved about it and how they could have a case, I bet if it was your team you would be angry you certainly wouldn't be saying "ah well we weren't good enough"

And they have been punished. There are alot worse miscarriages of justice out there. Murderers etc.

I just think they are crying over spilt milk.

Well mentioning murderers is taking it a bit out of context I'd say, but if you are going to say that, then there are always appeals against sentences etc.. so surely sheff utd are allowed that right?

Well mentioning murderers is taking it a bit out of context I'd say, but if you are going to say that, then there are always appeals against sentences etc.. so surely sheff utd are allowed that right?

what i am saying is there are murderes that get off lightly these days, so crying about west ham seems a little insignificant. and no as it wasnt sheffield united that got punished it was west ham so they can appeal not SUFC

The rule they broke was too minor to warrant a points deduction though.

they decieved the Premier League, thats what they were found guilty of knowingly breaking the rules...I don't see how thats minor they deliberatly withheld information about a transfer as they knew they were breaking the rules...

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!