N-Europe

Football Season 2006/2007

Stocka

Nobody was sniffing at it, just wondering how he seems to have accomplished so much on a Cup level, yet seems to struggle when it comes to the league.

He's a fantastic manager, and you better hold on to him. He's much better than your last one, anyway.

I'd say it's down to a 20 Goal a season striker in the League....We Need Owen Back

I still feel sorry for Houllier, the guy really did love Liverpool and nearly died managing us. Plus we managed to get 5 trophies in 6 months with him, got to respect that.

Houllier's heart was in the right place, but he cocked everything up in 01/02 in the CL Quarter Final and took Hamman Off for Biscan...Un-forgiveable

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sky are saying that if United win tonight the final might not be played in Athens.

If I was living in Athens I would be demanding this to happen to be honest. the thought of 60,000 Scousers and Manc's trashing the city in the name of football wouldnt fill me with much joy.

I would never want Owen back, personally I think he peaked in about his 2nd/3rd season at Liverpool.

We definately do need a high scoring striker though, possibly some new wingers aswell. Pennant did brilliant last night but he does tend to be a bit inconsistant. When Garcia is back and if Kewell actually gets his form back we might be set for the left.

I'd say it's down to a 20 Goal a season striker in the League....We Need Owen Back

People were saying the same thing about Manchester United at the beginning of the season, saying that our form would drop. Personally, I think you should be fine as long as you can get goals from anywhere. In this United team, Park and Carrick have started to get on the scoresheet, Fletcher is putting in some great performances, and Ronaldo and Rooney are really doing well at the higher end of the field.

I think it's quite dangerous to rely on a 20 goal a season striker. If that striker goes through a rough patch, then it makes things twice as difficult.

Sky are saying that if United win tonight the final might not be played in Athens.

If I was living in Athens I would be demanding this to happen to be honest. the thought of 60,000 Scousers and Manc's trashing the city in the name of football wouldnt fill me with much joy.

Hold the final in Cardiff.

....please.

The final will not be moved sadly, for the simple reason of Money, corporate advertising Athens have spent the past year getting ready for the final, but to be honest...

As you said 60,000 Mancs and Scousers leaving the country from the same 30Mile radius (Liverpool John Lennon and Manchester Airports) heading the to the same city, Greek Police will be like rabbits in the headlights.

Even if fans chose different ways to go, every airport from England to Athens with Mancs and Scousers in will be chaos.

However AC Milan may just save UEFA's Worst Case Scenario from happening.

I would never want Owen back, personally I think he peaked in about his 2nd/3rd season at Liverpool.

We definately do need a high scoring striker though, possibly some new wingers aswell. Pennant did brilliant last night but he does tend to be a bit inconsistant. When Garcia is back and if Kewell actually gets his form back we might be set for the left.

Owen hasn't peaked yet, I do think he could still doa job for us, either way we need proven premiership quality

People were saying the same thing about Manchester United at the beginning of the season, saying that our form would drop. Personally, I think you should be fine as long as you can get goals from anywhere. In this United team, Park and Carrick have started to get on the scoresheet, Fletcher is putting in some great performances, and Ronaldo and Rooney are really doing well at the higher end of the field.

I think it's quite dangerous to rely on a 20 goal a season striker. If that striker goes through a rough patch, then it makes things twice as difficult.

Hold the final in Cardiff.

....please.

Benitez at Valencia never had a 20 Goal a season striker, the goals where evenly spread out with all his midfielders having 10 Goals each and the strikers having 15, so you are on to something

As for Cardiff

Amen to that, Cardiff is an excellent city, excellent stadium and every final I've been too with Liverpool playing has been sensational

The Local people are sensational and everything about Cardiff is much much better than London..

Fuck Wembley Give me Cardiff Anyday!

thats bollocks, I've heard rumours it will happen at the new Wembley. But it shouldn't happen Athens have been picked for obvious reasons, their plan for the event must have been the best to get picked out, so why turn their back on it...

Benitez at Valencia never had a 20 Goal a season striker, the goals where evenly spread out with all his midfielders having 10 Goals each and the strikers having 15, so you are on to something

At the end of the day, you need goals to win. If your defenders score 7 or so each a season, then that takes a load of pressure off your strikers. You just need to get the goals from somewhere. :)

You shouldn't really have problems for goals. Kuyt, Bellamy, Crouch, Gerrard (who could forget) are the four main sources of goals, but there is also potential from the likes of Agger, Hyypia, Gonzales, etc.

As for Cardiff

Amen to that, Cardiff is an excellent city, excellent stadium and every final I've been too with Liverpool playing has been sensational

The Local people are sensational and everything about Cardiff is much much better than London..

Fuck Wembley Give me Cardiff Anyday!

Word! Cardiff is awesome. :)

I have to go out now, so I will say it was nice chatting to you Liverpool fans. I think this is my favourite thread on this forum. :)

Goodluck to my fellow United fans. We're gonna need it!

How ever an all English final would be a great specticle for the league. I have a feeling Milan are going to win. Every Man Utd 'fan' I've spoken to today seems confident, they forget Milan are at home with two away goals. Milan stick two in, and Man Utd could find themselves up shit creak.

Also a Liverpool vs Milan final could be rather interesting.

To finish, I'm undecided who I want to win, best luck to both.

Guest Stefkov

I am annoyed at how United are playing. Here's hoping for another second half like the last leg, or like Everton.

well i guess nothing has changed they still need to score 2, but thats never going to happen...

EDIT:

gotta love two of the quotes from the BBC text commentary...

2127: Gennaro Gattuso is substituted for his own good. Cafu comes on. Gattuso roars in delight as he reaches the sidelines. Shaven-headed with a beard on the way, his grimace has something of the barbarian about it.

2126: Cristiano Ronaldo petulantly chops down Clarence Seedorf. The yellow card rules him out of Manchester United's first match in next season's competition.

don't think BBC reckon a brace of goals will happen...

are fuckin injury crisis had to strike at the first possible part of the season again didnt it??? as every1 knows if we had a full fit back 4, at least 3 of the scrappy little goals milan have scored over these 2 legs wud never have gone in...

domestic double ftw

But if Gattuso and Maldini hadn't gone of injured at half time who is to say you would have scored at all. /devils advocate

The most annoying thing is the fact that Milan haven't been all that great, Man United have simply been shocking!

If United had played really well and still been beaten than I wouldn't mind so much, but how can a team go from putting 7 past Roma to shite like this?!

The most annoying thing is the fact that Milan haven't been all that great, Man United have simply been shocking!

If United had played really well and still been beaten than I wouldn't mind so much, but how can a team go from putting 7 past Roma to shite like this?!

They were appalling, my local pub team would've been better. But I can't go wild, every team has an off day, and this end of season is very tough.

Milan may not have had to play superb, but their passing was amazing and their retention of the ball was really good, hopefully they'll now soundly beat Liverpool to make up for the travesty of Istanbul

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!