N-Europe

Football Season 2006/2007

Stocka

I can't remember the last time I looked forward to an England game...:hmm:

The last tournament game.

I usually look forward to qualifying games, but I've lost the faith in the team.

EDIT - Well played to those england fans chanting "Theres only one David Beckham".

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Downing really isnt doing a good job convincing people he should be in the team, nearly every cross hes made has been awful

Oh and just so its not only England bashing. Andorra are diving bastards.

I really hate Downing. He is dog turd! The only reason he gets even a lookin is because of McClaren!

Andorra diving is to be expected because they are a crappy little team that has never one a single point! (No offence to any Andorians!)

McClaren sucks...

EDIT: Andorra are diving surrender monkeys! It's like watching La Liga...

I was amazed by Nugents "goal" but I guess you cant blame him on his first England match.

Gerrards 2 goals were brilliant, shame about the dive in the box though. Still we definately need to do better but im hoping this will at least show McClaren that Gerrard is best in the middle.

Even though it was 3-0 i am still not convinced. We have no-one that can cross the ball in well, apart from Gerrard and maybe sometimes Lennon.

We need David Beckham back, as the fans were shouting. Why does Downing play. Just because him and Mclaren bum each other. Hes not world class and Beckham is. He needs to do it now before its too late.

Even though it was 3-0 i am still not convinced. We have no-one that can cross the ball in well, apart from Gerrard and maybe sometimes Lennon.

We need David Beckham back, as the fans were shouting. Why does Downing play. Just because him and Mclaren bum each other. Hes not world class and Beckham is. He needs to do it now before its too late.

Beckham really shouldnt come back. He slow, cant make short passes, cant tackle, nearly always gives away a free kick whenever he tries to tackle. Yes hes good at crossing and set pieces but the ammount of times he gives the ball away pisses me off so much and hes not quick enough to be on the wing imo and he aint getting into the centre. And besides you seem to be suggesting dropping him for Downing playing beckham on the left would be pointless because then he wont be doing any crosses. basicaly the midfield we played tonight but - Downing + Joe Cole is the way forward imo.

One of them HAS to be sacrificed.......and I'm thinking its gotta be Lampard.

Corrected.

I reckon Beckham would have got a call up had he not been injured, but I agree Downing is poo and Beckham is not.

Beckham really shouldnt come back. He slow, cant make short passes, cant tackle, nearly always gives away a free kick whenever he tries to tackle. Yes hes good at crossing and set pieces but the ammount of times he gives the ball away pisses me off so much and hes not quick enough to be on the wing imo and he aint getting into the centre. And besides you seem to be suggesting dropping him for Downing playing beckham on the left would be pointless because then he wont be doing any crosses. basicaly the midfield we played tonight but - Downing + Joe Cole is the way forward imo.

I disagree with you. He doesnt need pace because he uses balance and skill from afar and makes enough space to get a cross without the fanci stuff. He doesnt need to do step overs when he can get the ball in at pace in the right positions far away. As for tackling, he isnt great but his short passing is fine.

Obviously you wouldnt put him on the left, youd put Lennon/Cole there because they're good with both feet, its just that i was comparing the two of them. Downing puts in a hopefull floaty ball to the far post where

1. the goalkeeper/defender find it easy to get something on it because its in the air for half an hour

2. its hard to get any power on a header

he should still be in the squad even if he is injured, hes had a stormer of a season over at Real Madrid. He would add the cutting edge and id bet hed assist bags of goals; and get those vital free-kicks