NEurope
Stocka

Football Season 2006/2007

I think evra proved through this season that he is ready for a big match, i just hope he is fit enough. We need gary back asap.

Why don't you think Brown should play right back instead of O'Shea? I thought that's Brown's more natural position. Well, certainly more natural a right back than O'Shea at least. United are in for a tense final stretch no doubt with the defensive problems they're having!

I think the defence should be (from right to left)...

Brown Ferdinand Heinze Evra

Brown is better on the right than in the centre and better than O Shea in the position. Heinze is a rock and has played in the centre before and Evra as proved that he has great attacking abilities, which when we need a goal is definitely a good thing!

I think the defence should be (from right to left)...

Brown Ferdinand Heinze Evra

Brown is better on the right than in the centre and better than O Shea in the position. Heinze is a rock and has played in the centre before and Evra as proved that he has great attacking abilities, which when we need a goal is definitely a good thing!

^^ i agree.

Here is the team that I would play. Given that we are missing a number of key players.

Van Der Sar

O'shea, Brown, Ferdinand, Heinze (maybe give Evra a shot in the second half if Heinze isn't up to it.)

Ronaldo, Carrick, Fletcher, Giggs (as Scholes is suspended. Can't think of who else we could possibly play there.)

Rooney and Smith upfront. Smith had a good game against Portsmouth when he came on, so start him. Then switch him for Solksjaer in the second half.

Yeah i'd like to see Smith start, and then in the second put on the super sub we know and love (Solksjaer) and maybe park for some pace.

I'm predicting 2-0 to united.

Why don't you think Brown should play right back instead of O'Shea? I thought that's Brown's more natural position. Well, certainly more natural a right back than O'Shea at least. United are in for a tense final stretch no doubt with the defensive problems they're having!

Yeah Brown was a right back when he was in the youth team but he is ok in the middle.

It's a shame Pique is on loan cos I think he could come into the side and do well.

But to be honest for experience you gotta play o'shea, brown, ferdy, heinze at the back.

For midfield maybe have park on the right, fletcher and carrick in the middle with ronaldo on the left.

Then have Giggs and Rooney up front.

If that dont work, I agree Smudge should be given a chance.

Here is the team that I would play. Given that we are missing a number of key players.

Van Der Sar

Gary Neville (in the radio times it says that he's playing), Brown, Ferdinand,Evra (i prefer him to Heinze)

Ronaldo, Carrick, Oshea, Giggs

Rooney and Smith upfront. Smith had a good game against Portsmouth when he came on, so start him. Then switch him for Solksjaer or Saha in the second half.

edited to what i think

I thought Gary was out for another week at least?

maybe the radio times is wrong then?

ah well, what do people think of Gary Neville here then?

I think its quite funny to think that Gary doesnt really have any expertise other than that he has consistent performances. I guess he's usually good at tackling but

• He cant cross
    • He gets out of position

• He cant shoot

• He doesnt have skills

however, he's the best England right-back at the moment. I dont know what it is he does, but you dont really miss him until he's gone. Surely there's someone who can play right back for England thats better than Gary, but apparently not. Is it something to do with experience? He has played for MU for ages

(These are just my views and you may strongly disagree.)

Actually Neville CAN cross the ball and as a defender doesnt need to work on his shooting.

He does have some skill which is shown when he overlaps and makes space. He holds up attackers well when defending by pushing them out wide and he can tackle.

In my opinion he is the complete right back.

Actually Neville CAN cross the ball and as a defender doesnt need to work on his shooting and he does have some skill. He overlaps very well. Holds up attackers well when defending by pushing them out wide and he can tackle. In my opinion he is the complete right back.

well i can see he can do a couple of those things such as the overlap but that isnt skill and much of the time he tries things and it doesnt work. and he CANT cross. they always end up as a goal kick or arent high enough. 1/10 crosses that he does actually come off

well i can see he can do a couple of those things such as the overlap but that isnt skill and much of the time he tries things and it doesnt work. and he CANT cross. they always end up as a goal kick or arent high enough. 1/10 crosses that he does actually come off

What the hell? are you real? Of course he can cross and his relationship with Ronaldo is great, they always seem to find each other. You seem also to be forgetting some very important skills he does possess; His ability to read a movement, his eye for the ball, his leadership, i could go on.

G. Neville is brilliant. What's really stood out for me this season with him is his relationship with Ronaldo; it's fantastic. He makes great runs and I think we're going to miss him a lot tonight.

I think overlaping is a skill.

Many defenders dont do it. They sit back and dont get involved. You have to time your run perfectly and have the ability to run with the ball and then either make another killer pass or cross. Which I think he does both very well.

Hope Valencia smack Chelski tonight......please god!!!!!

Snap.

I reckon Utd will struggle also.

I think hes a great player, but he cannot cross, he just cant. All my friends at school think it, my family think it, loads of people i know think it. I agree with them.

I think overlaping is a skill.

Many defenders dont do it. They sit back and dont get involved. You have to time your run perfectly and have the ability to run with the ball and then either make another killer pass or cross. Which I think he does both very well.

I agree Neville does it really well.

I hope Evra starts. He has that fast pace an urge to go forward that I don't see in Heinze. Heinze's a good right back however Evra get up there and supports a lot of time. Sure he gets caught out of position and someone has to cover for him but with his fast pace he can get back quick.

Totally different to Neville I just wanted to put that out there.

From skysports :

Supporters have clashed with police outside Old Trafford ahead of the game between Manchester United and Roma.

A week on from the violence which marred the first leg of the UEFA Champions League quarter-final at Stadio Olimpico, trouble has erupted ahead of the second leg.

Though not on a scale comparable to last week's incidents in Rome, around 100 Italian fans were involved in confrontations with Greater Manchester Police officers.

Bottles and missiles were thrown in the clashes, and some arrests were made outside Old Trafford, with fans of both clubs involved in the skirmishes.

Police dog units and mounted officers were used to quell the trouble, which lasted only a few minutes.

A police spokesman said: "There have been a few incidents, but they have been fairly isolated and we are dealing with them as they happen.

"There have been some arrests to maintain the peace at the ground. The trouble has involved a mix of fans from both sides."

Just watching the news.

Trouble outside Old Trafford. Oh dear oh dear.

It was expected, some fan (probably from Cornwall) thought it would be good to act in revenge.

More football violence eh?

WHAT A SURPRISE!!!!!

To all those people who said it never happens any more in the UK... :|

It was expected, some fan (probably from Cornwall) thought it would be good to act in revenge.

Actually it looked as tho some Roma fans were doing the facist nazi salute which of course caused united fans to retaliate.

Police say they have isolated the trouble makers and they have all been arrested.

More football violence eh?

WHAT A SURPRISE!!!!!

To all those people who said it never happens any more in the UK... :|

More motion2000 moaning eh?

WHAT A SURPRISE!!!!!

To all those people who said it never happens any more... :|

More motion2000 moaning eh?

WHAT A SURPRISE!!!!!

To all those people who said it never happens any more... :|

hahahaha, nice one. :wink: