NEurope
Stocka

Football Season 2006/2007

he also scored in uniteds 4-0 win, 2 times so its not a goal drought, i just think hes in a team that lacks ambition and effort as there has been no change since erricson in style or tactics.

Also found out today Rooney hasn't scored for England in 3 years!

he also scored in uniteds 4-0 win, 2 times so its not a goal drought

I think its clear to say, for England, Rooney is in a goal drought. And in the league he is no goal machine either.

As for the whole England team, I've been too disappointed to post. We lack someone who gives a shit about their country, a Stuart Pearce or Tony Adams. John Terry and the chelsea bumming squad, say he is the man, balls is he. If I was captain I'd have given every single one of those players a mouthful. Drawing to Israel is a joke, hopefully tomorrow they'll either spank Andorra, or lose. That way something interesting might happen.

I'm ashamed to admit i'm almost willing them to lose or draw to get Macca the sack. I want someone that's going to tell the team exactly what they need to hear, not "don't listen to the critisism, i think you're doing well"

he also scored in uniteds 4-0 win, 2 times so its not a goal drought, i just think hes in a team that lacks ambition and effort as there has been no change since erricson in style or tactics.

If you don't class no goals in 3 years in competitive games a goal drought what do you class as one?

As for the whole England team, I've been too disappointed to post. We lack someone who gives a shit about their country, a Stuart Pearce or Tony Adams. John Terry and the chelsea bumming squad, say he is the man, balls is he. If I was captain I'd have given every single one of those players a mouthful. Drawing to Israel is a joke, hopefully tomorrow they'll either spank Andorra, or lose. That way something interesting might happen.

Someone who appears to give a shit when playing for England and has an influence on the pitch? So basically we need David Beckham.

Someone who appears to give a shit when playing for England and has an influence on the pitch? So basically we need David Beckham.

I'll go with that. He was dropped because McClaren wanted to prove something, and it was the wrong choice. For a while now I've said he was one of (if not the) best player at the world cup for England. Shame he's injured though.

Rooney goes through patches, but to expect the boy to really score week in-week out at this rate is asking too much of him. He's been thrust into the limelight at a very young age, he has yet to find a truely influential striking partner for England, and if he needs, like all players, to find his ideal role.

Rooney likes to play off another striker. So, shoving him up front as a lone striker will not help. During the World Cup, fans, the manager and the media placed too much pressure on his head. Is it any wonder that his confidence is not as high as it should be?

Even when he isn't scoring, he is a threat and does so much more for the team. If there's one person in the team who I think is passionate to play for his country, I believe it to be him. It annoys me to hear him getting so much stick, as it isn't purely his or Mac's fault, it's the fault of the collective. No one person is to blame.

Looks like Lampard is out of the Andorra match, unfortunately due to his wrist injury though and not because of getting dropped (Like he should be)

Looks like Lampard is out of the Andorra match, unfortunately due to his wrist injury though and not because of getting dropped (Like he should be)

Oh No, whatever will we do.

Wouldn't it be really telling if England won 10-0 tonight, or something?

You just know if that happened McClaren wouldnt admit it was because people were playing in more familiar places and we would see Lampard back for the next match.

I keep telling you Rooney isnt gonna be a striker much longer. Fergie knows this. Rooney is the next Paul Scholes so lay off him a bit.

I keep telling you Rooney isnt gonna be a striker much longer. Fergie knows this. Rooney is the next Paul Scholes so lay off him a bit.

He'll prefer being in that role, I reckon. Not too much pressure to get the goals, but he'll still have plenty of opportunity to score, and plus he'll have loads of space to play about in/run into.

I'm so glad Lampard is injured. Not in a mean way, but it will finally give us a chance to see a midfield where people play in their natural positions. Apparently the expected line up is Downing-Hargreaves-Gerrard-Lennon (L-R obviously). And with Cashley back from suspension, I'm actually quite liking the defensive line up of Cole-Terry-Ferdinand-Richards. Just got to sort out our goalscoring problems!

Guaranteed Lampard will be back asap to fuck up the system, apparently Hargreaves was going to get dropped to play a more attacking midfield (alongside Downing, Gerrard and Lennon in their respective NATURAL positions). Still, I wouldn't minded to have seen that, but against a stronger side (i.e anyone but Andorra), I would definitely prefer Hargreaves' defensive abilities in play.

Yeah I heard that Lampard is ok and is going to be in the middle with Gerrard so Hargreaves is being dropped?

I heard that this morning but the BBC Sport site says Lampards out tonight so I guess Hargreaves may be back in

Lampard is out :D

SO hopefully this'll mean Downing, hargreaves, Gerrard and Lennon playing in midfield right? lots of pace on the wings and some great passing from gerrard.

For gods sake, get Downing and Lennon up the front. They seem to be the only two players who can be actually bothered. We need players like them who actually try for the goal.

I've long since lost faith in Rooney. He's a good footballer, but he's just not performing, and even if he was as a manager I'd be sitting there on the side telling him "Mate, either calm down or get out of my team." A professional team just doesn't need someone like him blasting off every time things don't go his way.

I've never been happier to hear about an England player getting injured before an international - true blessing in disguise!

Hopefully there'll be a bit of fluidity in our team now and can put in a decent performance!

Also, how come I can't find England games on TV any more? Trying to protect public sanity or what?

Sky have all the away qualifiers the BBC have all the home ones. And Downings shit hes got about as much pace as Beckham and cant cross for toffee. Crossing means being able to beat the first man.

Sky have all the away qualifiers the BBC have all the home ones. And Downings shit hes got about as much pace as Beckham and cant cross for toffee. Crossing means being able to beat the first man.

I agree. He also couldn't tackle a wet paper bag. He's only in the team because of McClaren, he's useless.

Go Italy - just before anyone complains i loved them before they even started the world cup

come on england!!!

Not looking forward to the match tbh....

I can't remember the last time I looked forward to an England game...:hmm: