NEurope
Stocka

Football Season 2006/2007

Carrying on this United argument. Most fans whose teams are [insert team name] United, call their teams United.

My dads side of the family are all from Manchester and all support Man Utd (except one crazy cousin who is a city fan) and they all refer to the club as United.

Me and the Mother also refer to the red devils as United. I don't see what the big fuss is about.

To be honest the players also refer to the club as United aswell. Listen to Gary Neville in and Interview... its always united this, united that.

UNITED *clap, clap clap*

agreed...........

Correct. We call our team united. And indeed sing "United *clap clap clap*"

So when people talk about Man U as just "United" and expect people to know which team they're talking about it's utterly stupid.

Unless it says on their profile that they come from Wales, Ireland or Essex, then I know they support Team Manchester ;)

Sheffield, Oxford, Rotherham, Southend, Peterborough, Torquay, Maidstone, Boston, Cambridge, Hastings, Colchester, Maidenhead, Carlisle, Cheltenham, Hereford ... How many do you want? ;)

Sheffield, Oxford, Rotherham, Southend, Peterborough, Torquay, Maidstone, Boston, Cambridge, Hastings, Colchester, Maidenhead, Carlisle, Cheltenham, Hereford ... How many do you want? ;)

not as much as "city" teams.

PS. there is another arsenal football club somewhere in south america. another juventus in there as well. same names?

Newcastle were unbelievably poor tonight.........Birmingham looked class although that was probably down to the help of some of the Arsenal lads. :wink:

I feel sorry for Newcastle fans tbh. Most of their team is on the injury list and they have spent alot of money in the past on players who haven't really made an impact over here.

Spending £17 million (I think) on Owen, only for him to be out of the whole season is such a bummer. I would be pissed off if I was a geordie. :heh:

Its come as no surprise to me that Birmingham thumped Newcastle. Because Newcastle had that really tough game against Spurs on Sunday, plus those UEFA Cup matches must have been tiring the players out. Whereas Birmingham hadn't played for over a week due to that unfortunate incident with their new pitch...

Twas an interesting game, there was a chance every 3 minutes. I thought Newcastle might get something out of the game at 2 - 1 with Milners fantastic strike, but then Birmingham scored almost straight away. The red-card was a big turning point.

When players get old, they don't go to heaven.

They go to Portsmouth.

Bolton use to be the grave yard club, now its pompey!

When players get old, they don't go to heaven.

They go to Portsmouth.

:grin:

kjb\vclihusvgbiwhowhfowbfowhf

Funny, Pompey used to be Ex-Newcastle players FC, with O'Brian, Lua-Lua, Andy Cole...

Tottenham will just get a bye into the next round.

and a couple of million $$$ with that.

i used to think the same, but think about o'shea. hes a player you want to play in scrappy games eg. blackburn, watford ect. he brings hight, strength and some aggresion, a good subs-bench player to have in your team. he lacks everything else though.

O'Shea is a disgrace to my country, and the only thing more shocking than his lack of talent is some or Sir Alex's substitutions. Did anyone else notice that at West Ham(shudder) after they got their goal, what was his masterstroke? Brings on the horse to get a goal. Right. And with Park(not fully fit, but still!) on the bench?? Madness...

Anybody else think that Fergie has a habit of making inexplicable substitutions in games?

Funny, Pompey used to be Ex-Newcastle players FC, with O'Brian, Lua-Lua, Andy Cole...

Yeah but that was when they where shit....

Lua Lua aside of course :heart: