NEurope
Stocka

Eternal Sonata

So basically Laguna, you'd rather there was just one console that every game was on rather than three competitors? Because your argument is basically saying that you're happy to see every game multiplatform, which rules out any need for there to be more than one console.

So basically Laguna, you'd rather there was just one console that every game was on rather than three competitors? Because your argument is basically saying that you're happy to see every game multiplatform, which rules out any need for there to be more than one console.

You make it seem in your post that you’re sneering your nose up at the idea of just one console – and yes, while I can see the whole “there’s no competition so the standards don’t need to be kept high as that console is the only option” – but if say game standards remained, and lets imagine that one was to amalgamate the PS3 and the 360 (for-ged-about the Wii, as that is an entirely different console, ethos and games wise), why do you treat the idea of one super console with distain?

Just think of the N64 and the Sony saga . It could have transpired that the N64 would've basically been the Playstation as well with its incorporation of the CD device, making surely a perfect console of the times. A system which had the best Nintendo first party games, but also appealed to lots of devs with the cheap CD system to develop third party games for it - of course things could have gone down another route via the games made and such, but just pause and think, wouldn't that have been the ultimate? An N64 and a Playstation in one with games on the one system?

When I buy a 360 so to play Gears, Halo etc, and then FFXIII is released a year or two later, exclusive to the PS3 next gen, I will very begrudgingly buy a PS3 to play the game. Why wouldn't anyone be against 1 console in which you could play both your Halos AND you could play your Final Fantasys/Metal Gears? I betcha loads and loads of 360 owners lit up a celebratory cigar when it was revealed that GTA IV was going multi-platform - how can it viewed that this is bad thing? The way I see it, people seem to relish it when "they" steal another console's exclusive, like DMC4, but when one of "their" games, like Eternal Sonata (back on topic ;P) goes over to their competitor, they bitch and whine about it.

I never said I was against one console, I didn't meant to come across that way. I was posing the question, as I wanted to know whether that is what you would want. I think I would infact prefer for there to be just one console, but because there isn't and there are three, I like to think that there's games on each ones that make them unique, as otherwise I see no point in them all existing.

Have to say that this is a great discussion guys, good job keeping it friendly.

Me and Laguna have legendary debates. We love it :smile: We disagree on many things but discuss them in a constructive way.

Great new scans!

I still think this is going to be really good however the english voice acting...

Is this getting dual lanuage support aswell? I sure hope so :(

EDIT : According to 1up it is, yay :D

i agree with shane, the game seems pretty average.

bring on ff13

looks awesome to me, nice art direction, would love to see this on the wii...

There is a demo on Xbox Live for anyone who has a Japanese account!!! I'm downloading it now!!!

Me too, Made a japanese account just for this but i'm getting armoured core while i'm at it. 3% complete. EXCITING.

It's all in english btw.

The demo has made me want to get this game even more! Why is the demo in english if it is a Japanese demo??

I was wondering about that too....

Didn´t really like the ending you know the: Coming this September! Part :(

Well, aslong as it comes in September here (or soon after)or is region free i'll be happy...I hope they keep the Japanese language option.

I like the fighting but I got a bit confused about how you apply healing items to a certain character during battle!

The other thing which is kind of annoying is the fixed camera in open areas like the field with the flowers. Overall it was awesome!

I wouldn´t be surprised if it will be near simultaneously released in Japan and America.

Hopefully region free

It was an american box art so my hopes are high for a near simultaneous world release.

The game is good, definitely ToS' spiritual successor.

I might make a Japanese account tonight with my free month so that I can get this demo and a few others, sounds good.

You only need a silver account so you don't need to use up your free month. Also I'm not sure if the code would work accross regions, just like you can't register XBL points from the UK on an American account...I might be wrong though!

I quite like it from trying the demo. It's what's my 360 is lacking so far and that's a good quality Epic JRPG. I really want to play this for longer. :(

Thanks to Daft for the help I have now played the demo and loved every second of it, it was so colourful! I may give it another go as there were a few paths that i didnt take in the forest. Bring on September!!

faceplatesES.jpg

Americans get one of those when they pre-order.

We better get them aswell or heads will roll.