NEurope
Stocka

Star Wars + Many PS3 Projects -> Wii

Source: http://www.cubed3.com/news/5373

The latest issue of North America's multi-format gaming magazine, Electronic Gaming Monthly, is now available to buy and Cubed³ has the information from the publication's rumour column. Check out the ones that directly, or could indirectly relate to Nintendo, below:

A “Massively Multiplayer” Burnout is currently being planned by EA;

Third Party companies are shifting many of their projects from the PlayStation 3 to the Wii;

Harmonix is working on a new music game;

LucasArts is developing a Star Wars game for Nintendo's Wii, in which there are fights with a light sabre;

Star Wars Battlefront is being worked on for Next Generation consoles, yet Pandemic is not involved this time.

I'm sure the recent proof in Japan that they are more excited about Wii than PS3 has majorly influenced these decisons. And Star Wars Wii = immediate happiness

The real question is:

Are these third parties the famous ones (e.g Capcom, Sega, Square-Enix etc.) we all know or small indie developers (e.g. i don't know any and my point is proven) ?

The real question is:

Are these third parties the famous ones (e.g Capcom, Sega, Square-Enix etc.) we all know or small indie developers (e.g. i don't know any and my point is proven) ?

Small and indie developers on PS3? :laughing: yeah right

Does this mean they'll apear on both consoles, or they're no longer going to be on the ps3?

Hmmmm as far as I know that is just a bunch of anecdotes strung together making a happy coincidence. It wouldn't surprise me though.

Well shifting means moving to the other one, whereas porting is making the saemg ame for both, so no, these games WONT appear on P$3

I would quite like it if the PS3 failed, just because then I'd have one less console to buy. (I'm not a fanboy! Honest!)

By "shifted" I get the impression that its no longer going to be on the PS3 and be a Wii exclusive but meh dunno.

The latest issue of North America's multi-format gaming magazine, Electronic Gaming Monthly, is now available to buy and Cubed³ has the information from the publication's rumour column.

We'll see, we'll see...

Well the Wii is getting great reviews and the hype is building, so yeah sony may actually be toppled if nintendo can keep up the good games.

Burnout on the Wii = me a very happy bunny. If true, as I know this is only a rumour.

Are we the only ones who don't have rumour columns in our games magazines?

Stolen of the IGN boards, but here are the exact words. They're not as definitive as suggested.

PSWii:

If you persued our pages detailing the PlayStation 3's launch, you maybe caught the part about its hefty price. To reiterate: It costs a lot of dough. But don't think you're the only ones pissed about the price; I hear several publishers were more than irate after hearing the announcement from Sony. What does that mean? Well, do you like Nintendo? Publishers do -- you may start getting a lot more games on the Wii, thanks to its cheapo development costs.

Use the Wii:

Think the sword-fighting in Red Steel is cool? Well, imagine that but colossally cooler--like, say, a Star Wars lightsaber game on the Wii. Looks like you don't need to image that for too long, because if my sources are correct, LucasArts is developing a Star Wars game specifically fro the Wii, with the main emphasis on the lightsaber combat.

It's the phenominal dev costs putting these publishers and devs off the P$3. It's a tough industry, and the amount of risk a company takes with any one project is already high enough. Low Wii dev costs = much lower risks = more artistic freedom = happier devs.

Stolen of the IGN boards, but here are the exact words. They're not as definitive as suggested.

PSWii:

If you persued our pages detailing the PlayStation 3's launch, you maybe caught the part about its hefty price. To reiterate: It costs a lot of dough. But don't think you're the only ones pissed about the price; I hear several publishers were more than irate after hearing the announcement from Sony. What does that mean? Well, do you like Nintendo? Publishers do -- you may start getting a lot more games on the Wii, thanks to its cheapo development costs.

Use the Wii:

Think the sword-fighting in Red Steel is cool? Well, imagine that but colossally cooler--like, say, a Star Wars lightsaber game on the Wii. Looks like you don't need to image that for too long, because if my sources are correct, LucasArts is developing a Star Wars game specifically fro the Wii, with the main emphasis on the lightsaber combat.

If thats the main source... MeeH!

But it makes sense.

Who's the poster? Is he credible?

The shifting part is actualy understandable. A console (or computer as they call it now) like PS3 requires a huge amount of work (just look at MGS4), while a console like Wii does not require that big effort, so it's a lot Cheaper to produce for it. And that means more proffit. And more profit means more beer. And game developers like beer. See what I mean?

Who's the poster? Is he credible?

I think it's a direct copy from what was written in EGM

The shifting part is actualy understandable. A console (or computer as they call it now) like PS3 requires a huge amount of work (just look at MGS4), while a console like Wii does not require that big effort, so it's a lot Cheaper to produce for it. And that means more proffit. And more profit means more beer. And game developers like beer. See what I mean?

Indeed, it's a beerocracy. However, just like in every beerocracy there's corruption and things don't go the way they should.

One thing the Wii willl never have:

RIDGE RACER

RIDGE RACER

RIDGE RACER

I'm quite honestly expecting Sony to suffer the same fate that Nintendo did during the N64 days - and its all down to arrogance.

Can Sony really expect developers to take the financial risk of developing games with spiralling costs and, arguably, a dwindling market?

Imagine a first/resident evil4 perspective Jedi game, where the obvious sabre fifghting happens, but also like Mario Galaxy you can use the pointer to control objects at a distance!! The Force!!! How cool would that be, point at an object (when not holding a light sabre) and press either B or A to bring it closer/ send away!!! I'm 27 and I'd be REALLY excited to play that game!!!