NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
mcj metroid

sony=bad market leader

One think gets to me about games.apple came up with the i pod and they are the market leader and companies copy them because they are the market leader and others release their sucsess

But sony copy the campanies below them in the leadership.In fact sony never came up with anything original at all in gaming history.It is probably the only medium in which this sort of thing could happen.Yet when sony TRy to invent something like umd it flops just like blue ray is going to in my opinion

One think gets to me about games.apple came up with the i pod and they are the market leader and companies copy them because they are the market leader and others release their sucsess

But sony copy the campanies below them in the leadership.In fact sony never came up with anything original at all in gaming history.It is probably the only medium in which this sort of thing could happen.Yet when sony TRy to invent something like umd it flops just like blue ray is going to in my opinion

As much as I hate sony and agree with the crux of your point, Apple did NOT invent the MP3 player, in actual fact iPods are some of the most uninnovative and underspeced players on the market, devoid of basic commonplace features such as FM radio and voice memo. Ipods are mainly popular with people who like to exhibit them as some sort of fashion statement.

As much as I hate sony and agree with the crux of your point, Apple did NOT invent the MP3 player, in actual fact iPods are some of the most uninnovative and underspeced players on the market, devoid of basic commonplace features such as FM radio and voice memo. Ipods are mainly popular with people who like to exhibit them as some sort of fashion statement.

Wasn't it one of the first MP3 players with that kind of UI? I thought that was one of the things that made it initially appealing because you could properly browse the music and set playlists and stuff. Before wasn't it just skipping back and forth alon a loooong list of tracks?

I'm not a big fan of Sony either at the moment, but what your saying is a bit fanboyish. Sony deserve to be where they are in the market, and saying they're bad market leaders is unfair.

Sony have done well to get where they are, and that's massively because of the sheer amount of titles available on both the PSone and PS2. Things are starting to change now because many past-Playstation exclusives are coming to other consoles.

depends on what market your talking about. Theyre ashamed for the PS3 to be called a videogame machine, so as a videogame market leader, yeah thats bad.

But for the ''cobbled-together multi-media computer/game/movie player'' market , there is none higher than Sony

but i pod put them on the map for casual buyers and others like the creative copied their success and improved them.There were videogame consoles before the playstation and even after the nes after all, but the nes Really put gaming on the map and others copied their succes(i dont mean in a bad way)

oh by the way i dont know much about mp3s so dont kill me for incorrect information.haha

iPods aren't even MP3 players anyway...They play a different format :heh:

PLUS Microsoft stole stuff off Apple, and they are the computer leaders.

iPods aren't even MP3 players anyway...They play a different format :heh:

PLUS Microsoft stole stuff off Apple, and they are the computer leaders.

100% of the music on my iPod is in MP3 format...

:heh: BOOM! Headshot!

Doesn't Itunes convert them to AAC or summat before putting them on? Or am I talking shit?

Doesn't Itunes convert them to AAC or summat before putting them on? Or am I talking shit?

Thats Sony you're thinking of =3

Sony is becoming a bad leader...as almost every leader that every existed.

No one can be proud of the days nintendo was in first place with is arrogance even worse than the sony one.

And microsoft is not a good example either, with their monopoly of the OS (now asking the world for vista...)

Nope there are no good leaders but only great runners up who come with innovative ideas to get the 1st spot.

Itunes i think was the innotive thing about Ipod, being able to buy tracks online and ahve them on the go, good idea, and a defo moneymaker, now with the Ipod Video, they are selling television series and stuff, so ipod also helped the UMD to flop, and the fact UMD wasnt advertised that much was possibly another reason, but yea sony are copycats, i mnean look, there acting like nintendo in the N64 era, arrogent and cockey with high dev costs

Sony is becoming a bad leader...as almost every leader that every existed.

No one can be proud of the days nintendo was in first place with is arrogance even worse than the sony one.

And microsoft is not a good example either, with their monopoly of the OS (now asking the world for vista...)

Nope there are no good leaders but only great runners up who come with innovative ideas to get the 1st spot.

nintendo were assholes because they had that asshole leader yamaichi hiroshi(i think)and anyway u are tallking about the 80s in japan.Very different times indeed.At least nintendo were innovative.i dont think they copied anything back then off smaller companies

I gave the example of a bad market leader. Nintendo was always great as a runner up. But now they can proove they can be a leader.And be great :)

From what I've heard, you have to install a program for it to play MP3, since MP3 is more easily shared... or something.

Anyways, Sony are freaking crackers! They say that they invented 3D gaming. Well, they didn't. They stole the gyro (well, apparently they attempted to, but failed badly).

I think Sony were quite retarded to try to put movies on the UMD format. I mean, sure it's fun to see a movie on the train or whatever, but to pay the full price for a movie and be forced to watch it on a (compared to a TV) teeny screen is just WRONG. The least Sony could've done would have been to enable you to connect your PSP to a TV and play the games and watch the movies on full screen. But NOOO!

I told the swedish Sonyfanboys that the UMD movies wouldn't do well and that they would only buy one or two movies to brag about the capabilities, but they were all out "MAAAN, I CAN WATCH MOVIES OUTDOORS! EVERYONES GONNA DO THAT!". And when they bought the damn thing, guess what: "I bought a movie and watched it like thrice... I dont think I'll buy another one". And allso, the PSP fans ara AFRAID to carry the PSP with them. Isn't that the idea with a portable console? To take it with you and play it like during lunch or on the bus? That means that the movies are ultimately just something to BRAG about!

Sign in to follow this