Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

The flap development..

Nintendork

Have you read this? He attempts to apply logic to the "projection" theory.

He basically fuels the conspiracy theories but maybe his ramblings might have some substance in the realms of possiblity?

Okay, i give up. Sure, there will be a projector in the Wii. A projector with better quality images than a high quality tv.. And all this for just 200 dollarino's.

And the best thing is, you can play on this projector the whole day and in full light. it doesn't even have to be dark like with normal projectors (very sensitive to surrounding light sources), no, this projector is special.

The only thing you will need is a piece of perfect flat white wall that you can project on. And if you don't have a wall in the huse, don't worry, you can project 3D images in mid air. Amazing how cheap these technologies are these days.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

its not that i think its 3d projection. its just i am so sure its not something we would expect like a camera or microphone. all these secrets on nintendos part would have us believe it was something bigger. some thing that will make it so we have to have this console.

its not that i think its 3d projection. its just i am so sure its not something we would expect like a camera or microphone. all these secrets on nintendos part would have us believe it was something bigger. some thing that will make it so we have to have this console.

I also think there is still something that will amaze us. I have absolutely no clue what it will be, but even if there will be no more secrets, i'd buy the Wii in a heartbeat. It seems like so much fun.

Truth is, no-one came anywhere near close as to guessing what the first secret was (the controller). And yet it's something that can be manufactured cheaply and to me is still a little bit futuristic.

I guess my point is: Er, anything's possible.

Nah, that's not entirely true. Everybody was expecting motion sensing at the time - the biggest surprise however was that the controller was a remote and it didn't use gyration to do it but something cheaper. The controller is cheap because motion sensing just isn't that hard to pull off - it's been used for years now.

When people start thinking holographic 3D in the Wii, they're asking for things that science has only begun to make. It's impossible for the Wii or even for its succesor to have that.

Cheap, producable things Nintendo could do to expand gameplay, are a camera and touch screen expansion for example. Only relatively simple things are possible for a broad audience.

But why would you like to have a camera, seriously?

A camera can see what's going on beyond the Wiimote and nunchuck. With EyeToy, things need to be kept simple because it could only analyze a 2D image. With the Wiimote and nunchuck however, the camera has reference points in 3D space. You could then put in real motion with your entire body without having to strap a Wiimote on them.

If Nintendo had a camera with two lenses they could actually make a 3D image of the room itself, but I think that is too complex and too expensive.

When people start thinking holographic 3D in the Wii, they're asking for things that science has only begun to make.

I saw a 3-d holographic photograph back in 1998.. ok thats only 8 years ago, but the tech being used wasn't new, even then. and look at CD's, DVD's and now blu-ray - none of those have been round for very long

In-air 3D like that will never be ready for production as it demands huge devices to do it. They're not made for mass production at all, unlike Blu-ray and all that which were made to be available for everyone. The only technology that'd be feasible for homes, lighting up air molecules, has only been shown a few months ago.

3d-plasma-display.jpg

It could only do white dots.

i would hate that! You can look through... that's no fun. The only truely fun extra would be something that gives more immersion. The feel of actually being there. 3D tv (allready possible: http://www.business-sites.philips.com/3dsolutions/about/Index.html) or a 3D glasses could do these things perhaps.

Oh God. We've just gone back to all the pre-TGS/E3 talk of a visor or projectors.

No, not visors. glasses. The On thing is stupid (who want's a sweaty helmet?). But there are intweresting things happening in Movie world. George Lucas is making all of his Star wars films in 3D at this moment. This is possible because of a new technique, that makes the quality realy high but also realy 3D. http://www.videopost.com/pages/inthree6.html

If the rumours of a camera are to be true, then we have to be sure that there are only three possible ways it could be implemented:

1. It is hidden underneath the flap at the front of the Wii
  2. It is a USB camera and attaches, by a lead, to a USB port at the back of the Wii
  3. It is an attachment that fits into the Wii-mote (this seems really unlikely, imo)

That's not entirely true. They could integrate it into the sensor bar since it does have to have line-of-sight with the controller and therefore your general direction.

That's not entirely true. They could integrate it into the sensor bar since it does have to have line-of-sight with the controller and therefore your general direction.

good thinking. i doubt they will do that however. but you are always in line with the sensorbar when you're playing, so it's more logical than in the console

Actually, i hadn't thought of that. I have no idea what the chances are of this happening. I'd say..not very? :hmm:

What is all this shit about 'HOw do you get the faces on tennis without a camera'? Have you seen Tennis screnshots? They are clearly NOT real pictures of them, they are clearly create-a-character style faces!

And no, I don't think its a camera, though I hope Nintendo release one, the eye-toy has some awesome potential.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!