NEurope
canand

Has anybody pre-ordered their Wii yet?

What're the pros and cons of buying from the internet? I've always gone to get my consoles from my local GAME on launch day.

Preordering on the internet has the usually has the advantage of being cheaper than when buying from the high street (gcn games cost around £30 on the internet). Its also less hassle.

However, if you dont use 1st class delivery on most sites then it doesnt usually arrive for about a week (this is the case with amazon anyway).

Well for the Dreamcast, GBA and Gamecube I've always pre-ordered from GAME and I'll probably do the same for the Wii.

It's great going in on Launch day (may even go in at midnight for the Wii) and seeing the console and games on the shelves!!

I'll preorder mine as soon as I know when it is out and what the price is. I'll get it in GAME in Dublin. I'll be back in college when it comes out so that would suit me down to the ground.

Pre-ordered my PS2 at the end of September 2000, had it on launch day. and that system was hyped!

I didn't pay a penny, and GAME won't be earning months of interest of a non refundable £20 deposit.

I'll probably order it online (Amazon/Gameplay) if they don't do a Nintendo stars VIP Wii as a thank you to get some hype out there pre-launch.

Launch parties are good but only if GAME don't ask for a £20 deposit.

Pre-ordered my PS2 at the end of September 2000, had it on launch day. and that system was hyped!

I didn't pay a penny, and GAME won't be earning months of interest of a non refundable £20 deposit.

I'll probably order it online (Amazon/Gameplay) if they don't do a Nintendo stars VIP Wii as a thank you to get some hype out there pre-launch.

Launch parties are good but only if GAME don't ask for a £20 deposit.

The deposit is refundable, we refunded one (for a DS Lite) yesterday.

The deposit is refundable, we refunded one (for a DS Lite) yesterday.

Someone is clearly in the know of some certain stolen goods then :wink:

i havent. in fact, ive taken my preorder for zelda;tp off. put the friggen thing on october last year... the number of times ive needed that 10 dollars!

i will preorder. but not yet. not sure where i will be living.

Does anybody know is amazon would get mine to me on the launch date if i were to pre-order from them.

Even if it is refundable it is still a principle, that £20 could be in my bank earning me a quarter or a penny interest.

If Amazon/Gameplay don't charge me for expressing my interest in their custom then GAME shouldn't either.

Even if it is refundable it is still a principle, that £20 could be in my bank earning me a quarter or a penny interest.

If Amazon/Gameplay don't charge me for expressing my interest in their custom then GAME shouldn't either.

But Game, with the 360 at least (as its not clear on stock levels for the Lite) were the only store (the site is a different company) who got a 360 for their pre-ordered customers. The £20 comes off in the end. And if you put a deposit down on Monday, you wouldn't earn any interest prior to Friday anyway.