NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Zombie_Fan

Wii launch

I think Nintendo is doing the right thing by having Metroid Prime 3 and Legend of Zelda as some of the Wii’s launch titles. The hardcore gamers will not pass up the new Zelda and Metroid game. I can’t wait to player both of them. The other launch games are really great. I was just woundering what every one thinks of the launch games line up. Do you think the Wii launch will be as great or greater then the PS3 and xbox 360 launch? Do you think that Nintendo has what it takes to become number 1?

I think the Wii will be number 2, but I might be wrong. The way I see it, two out three ain't bad.

It looks like one of the best launches ever, especially when comparing it to the xbox 360 launch and the DS launch. I reckon Wii will be number 1 at xmas easy.

I think Nintendo should delay metroid a few months. Zelda is good enough for me and I think having two big franchises on the same day is overkill.

I own a xbox 360. I did not really like the xbox 360 launch titles. Quake 4 and Cameo where good. I don't like paying $60.00 dollars for a game that I might not like. The games have great graphics, but I don't play games for mind blowing graphics.

I own a xbox 360. I did not really like the xbox 360 launch titles. Quake 4 and Cameo where good. I don't like paying $60.00 dollars for a game that I might not like. The games have great graphics, but I don't play games for mind blowing graphics.

You think thats bad, here the console costs £260ish/$489.21 for the premium pack and then £50/$94 a game!Bit more than $60!!!

I'm glad I didnt buy one of the overheating money burners.

The launch lineup surely is one of the greatest ever. And Zelda should keep you occupied for a very long time, at least until the launch follow-ups like Mario Galaxy are released.

The first six month look already very promising and I already hear my wallet complaining.

i hate when new consoles come out... i mean its good and stuff for the entertainment but i mean its just a differnet way to play games, so it just takes a lot of my money, because i hate living in the past

nintendo have said what they did wrong with the GC was to not show enough first party suport in its first 8-12 months so i dont think we'll be seeing a slow down like with the GC esp with the whole Virtual Console thing-i imagine nintendo will fiddle about with new ideas on there and see how things go.

defo bes launch lineup for what looks set to be a classic console much like the DS does. seems to catdh that sense of fun i felt with my SNES.

Isn't a launch window the first three months? I'd like to see Metroid delayed also - perhaps released next january or march (and some extra polish too!)

I think it's good to have 2 giant franchises at launch. Hell, I don't think we should have to buy a console and only recognise and want one game! I want as many as possible to feed my new conosle needs.

i wan't quite a few titles from the launch line up which is a change my gamecube was gavering dust untill smash brothers came out even the ds i didn't get untill a year after when finaly mario kart and animal crossing came out.

with wii ill be getting at least two games at launch followed by a few more in a week or so after.

can't wait for Zelda on the Wii:yay: but will Super Mario Galaxy or Sonic Wild Fire be launch titles? Those are the other two main titles i'm awaiting!

No they won't be launch.Sonic will be in the first fiscal year and mario within the first 6 months or if their really lucky and finish it a launch ,but I wouldn't like that because Ninty won' have enough killer apps to keep going through year.

I'm hoping for a Zelda/Metroid pack. Then I could be playing for 220 euros already. Nintendo's likely to launch a pack with a gamer's game and a pack with Wii Sports, so fingers crossed.

I'm hoping for a Zelda/Metroid pack. Then I could be playing for 220 euros already. Nintendo's likely to launch a pack with a gamer's game and a pack with Wii Sports, so fingers crossed.

Amen, Triforce Deluxe Package all the way!

No they won't be launch.Sonic will be in the first fiscal year and mario within the first 6 months or if their really lucky and finish it a launch ,but I wouldn't like that because Ninty won' have enough killer apps to keep going through year.

Yeah they would...Smash Bros ;)

The problem with gamecube wasn't just that there weren't any games for ages to start with, it was that there weren't killer aps to start with either (Smash Bros. excluded).

Having Metroid, Zelda & Mario to start with would keep everyone busy :heh: The Smash Bros. a while after. I just think in the 2nd fiscal year of the Wii, Nintendo need more shoot-em-ups, generic racers & sports; hopefully EA will take care of the latter 2.

The Wii launch is probably the best launch I've seen. If they fix the control scheme for Metroid (matt for IGN was contacted by Retro, and they said they they tried what he said and they liked it ALOT more), and Zelda continues to be amazing, I will definately be getting both Metroid and Zelda.

I wouldn't mind Red Steel if they change the control scheme, just like Retro will ( well retro will offer them as an extra option, but im 100% sure they'll be in).

Amen, Triforce Deluxe Package all the way!

The package would be made up of a special edition golden Wii, a limited edition game soundtrack and a copy of Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess.

I have to use a different keyboard, the other short circuited because you made me drool! :) That would be SOOOOOOOOOO brilliant! I would pay extra for that!

The Wii launch is probably the best launch I've seen. If they fix the control scheme for Metroid (matt for IGN was contacted by Retro, and they said they they tried what he said and they liked it ALOT more)

I don't know whether to believe that or not because it Matt,so meh.

I don't know whether to believe that or not because it Matt,so meh.

We all know matt is a lying pratt

We all know matt is a lying pratt

Bit harsh but I see what you mean. I actually don't rate his complaint against the controls for Metroid. It's a FP adventure not a shooter, so why does it have to work just like a FPS? You can't do a 180 in mid air anyway, so why should you be able to in Metroid?

Bit harsh but I see what you mean. I actually don't rate his complaint against the controls for Metroid. It's a FP adventure not a shooter, so why does it have to work just like a FPS? You can't do a 180 in mid air anyway, so why should you be able to in Metroid?

No no, it wasnt that that he was complaining about.

Basically, he said that when you play the game, their is a 'box' on the screen that you can aim pixel-perfectly in. the problem is however, that when you want to move the screen, that you have to move it out the box and it moves very slowly, and even when you want to turn around, you end up turning too much. If you watch Red Steel, you can this is quite annoying too.

My dad went to E3 (works for IBM as ive mentioned before) and he got to play metroid, and he said that it has the same problem, but he's pretty sure that they'll make it better. If you remember E3 2004, everyone cheered for metroid on DS, but then Reggie said 'tap the screen to shoot' and everyone kinda went 'why, does it need to be done'. It was the first first-person game on a new console so the original idea isnt always the best, and now if you look at metroid on ds, it has PERFECT controls .......but i've killed my thumb 10000's of times lol.

i thought a mario game in the launch would be wise though.One of the many gamecube mistakes and no luigis mansion is not included.

No no, it wasnt that that he was complaining about.

Basically, he said that when you play the game, their is a 'box' on the screen that you can aim pixel-perfectly in. the problem is however, that when you want to move the screen, that you have to move it out the box and it moves very slowly, and even when you want to turn around, you end up turning too much. If you watch Red Steel, you can this is quite annoying too.

My dad went to E3 (works for IBM as ive mentioned before) and he got to play metroid, and he said that it has the same problem, but he's pretty sure that they'll make it better. If you remember E3 2004, everyone cheered for metroid on DS, but then Reggie said 'tap the screen to shoot' and everyone kinda went 'why, does it need to be done'. It was the first first-person game on a new console so the original idea isnt always the best, and now if you look at metroid on ds, it has PERFECT controls .......but i've killed my thumb 10000's of times lol.

From what I've read people haven't explained it that fully though. So it has sounded like they want it to just be a FPS control wise.

Sign in to follow this