NEurope
Anakenobi

Phil Harrison: "We didn't copy the Wiimote, We invented 3D games & PC's are obsolete"

I think I speak for everyone when I saw this guy is a tosspot.

You do indeed, but I'd like to say it anyway. What a complete cock. We don't need pc's? Oh ok thanks for letting me know. Ponce.

And just to add, I don't care about the whole copying stuff anymore.

A Mac is a type of PC. PC means personal computer. Mac's are personal computers, yeah? Although generally people say PC's meaning a Windows computer and a Mac is well, as a Mac, running OS X.

Yeah, I know, but a PC has sort of turned into a reference to non-Mac computers. Even PC games have "For PC/Mac" written on them and things.

A Mac is a type of PC. PC means personal computer. Mac's are personal computers, yeah? Although generally people say PC's meaning a Windows computer and a Mac is well, as a Mac, running OS X.

Thats what I thought!

Some more Sony stuff.

SCEE president and CEO David Reeves has hit back at criticism of PS3’s motion sensing controller, insisting that it has, in fact, been in development for over two years.

Despite claims to the contrary by senior figures at rival Nintendo, Reeves told MCV that Sony had been working on the controller long before details of the Wii controller were revealed at the Tokyo Games Show last year.

“We’ve had a positive reaction to the controller and obviously some people have asked if it's a last minute thing,” said Reeves. “It’s not - it’s been planned for around two and a half years."

"If you have a device that includes 50 or 55 patents, you can’t reveal it, as someone will try to file a patent to stop it. We have already had some positive feedback on it from publishers.”

Reeves went on to outline Sony’s hugely ambitious plans for its next-generation console and the industry at large.

"The name of the game is not market share, it’s how fast we can grow the industry – our ambition is to grow 15 per cent a year on hardware and software if we can,” added Reeves.

“We want to try and double digital entertainment in the next five to six years. Whether we have 40, 50, or 60 per cent market share is not that important.”

Well they didn't think about patents & owning with rumble ey. I assume Nintendo don't have any copyrightness that can stop their '6 degrees of freedom'.

I thought some developers didn;t know about it until a few weeks before E3

Thats just bullshit. Hey guys we've been developing motion sensor for years but lets just show it when we redesign the controller because the other one sucked. Brilliant!

Just how much can they lie? what next? saying Nintendo copied the idea from them?

They've been developing it for two weeks before E3, acording to the developers :indeed:

for gods sake they even copied the controller counter Nintendo shown in last TGS... they clearly copied it! those guys don't deserve my respect.

I can't blame Sony supporters trying to find less stupid excuses as to why Sony does what it does. It must be very challenging to actually find them and keep people from laughing at them, regardless.

The problem is Sony itself has been using a double barrel shotgun to shoot it's own legs off. So they have no leg to stand on when they try to "educate" people about how they never copy or imitate anything.

Like I said before, it would've been better if Sony had stayed a faceless corporation and stopped trying to imitate everything. Including imitating the fact that Nintendo has "celebrities" like Shigeru and Reggie. Sony cannot compete with a-holes like Phil Harrison and Kaz Hirai. Period.

:p

Without PCs, millions of people wouldn't have seen any sony conferences or be getting news about them. People wouldnt know about the "good" stuff if there is any, without computers and the internet

* random Sony bash comments *

blahblahblah

Sony sucks, get over it. This is the 23rd Sony bash thread since E3.

* random Sony bash comments *

blahblahblah

Sony sucks, get over it. This is the 23rd Sony bash thread since E3.

I agree with you 100% on this one. All the Nintendo fanboys have come out of the wood-work after this years E3, which is quite sad really. And then they wander why people say Nintendo is for kids! :indeed:

We need more photoshops in this thread.

*thinks of something*

I got nothing

Hehehe... Sony. Search sony conference on youtube to see the seemingly infinite amount of videos ripping it out of sony.

I end with these words... RIIIIIIIIIIDGE RACERRRRRRRR!!!!!!!

Hehehe... Sony. Search sony conference on youtube to see the seemingly infinite amount of videos ripping it out of sony.

I end with these words... RIIIIIIIIIIDGE RACERRRRRRRR!!!!!!!

I've got better things to do. But thanks anyway. :)

And that whole Ridge Raaaacer thing is old, get over it, it's not even funny anymore. And when people keep mentioning it, I feel ashamed to be a Nintendo fan because it seems like such a childish thing! ::shrug:

Crabs are fun. Not the kind you're thinking.

ps3crabscopy6cw.jpg

kencrab2copy0zs.jpg

kutaragicrabcopy3vj.jpg

Lilster don't be a spoilsport, we make fun of what we want! \o\ Besides, it's not like Nintendo fans are the only ones making fun of it.

Yeah i mean even the sony fans are making fun of it, in the same way that everyone (including nintendo fans) made fun of the name "wii".

ha wii... i still reckon that name will take a while for the 'average' consumer to get used to. but once they play it they will for forget, just like how we have all forgotten by living vacariously through downloadable videos.

And that whole Ridge Raaaacer thing is old, get over it, it's not even funny anymore.

Hey the Truth isn't always pretty:weep: , huh?:awesome:

o come on who in there right mind is gunna think this guys anything else but a lier :/

You'd be surprised. A mate of mine is a casual gamer and basically he believes anything they say. Apparently the PS3 is worth the price because it's like 40 times more powerful and has amazing graphics... Shame you can get the same on 360 and maybe Wii for half that.

Unfortunately Sony can get away with shit like this and there's no doubt in my mind they're going to try and market their controller as being more technologically advanced than the Wii's, despite it coming out after and having limited function. However, they can easily lose their reputation this generation if they fuck things up. Sony are no longer above failure.

i loathe Phil Harrison wasnt he saying the DS is gimicky and was a knee jerk reaction to the psp??? yet the DS is whooping the PSPs shiney black plastic arse in sales. hmmmm guess you were wrong there Phil. now his company has incorporated one of the most gimicky things i can think of-tilt control, hmmmm, not very innovative considering nintendo messed around with it alot before.

sony are trying to be everything to everyone but are just ending up as a half arsed attempt-i mean theyre trying to add xbox live and motion sensing and connectivity just so they can do like a check list for comparing the ps3 to 360 and Wii.

meh sony will always do the same thing and yet again i think i will be waiting for a good few years before thinking about buying a ps3 just cos their attitude sucks and MS and Nintendo understand my wants and needs more.

I know about the game, but i havent heard all this massive damage and real time weapon change, can someone link/explain

(i knmew the giant crab thing already)

EDIT: Found a clip, HAHAHAH reatards

Pc games are absolete?

We will be saying that about the PS3 in a year when it flops.

It's not necessarily the fact that It wasn't funny, when I first saw that sony confrence video clip, my inner-nintendo-fanboy was awakened and I found it funny. But the thing I was moaning about, is the fact that i've seen and heard it about a 100 times now, and it just seems old.

::shrug: