NEurope
Sixfold01

Halogen Lights Confuse Wii! OH NO!!!

The Sony president might, that way he can give a home demo on how the wiimote does not work :indeed:

I doubt they have electricity in hell [/fanboy]

I loled:laughing:

:yay::laughing:

Ah well, i dont have halogen lights, so im safe.

There's a difference between halogen lamps and halogen spots. 50W bulbs would probably not interfer with the sensor bar, while 500W could.

In Canada, they are common, nearly half of my home's bulbs are halogen.

________

Web shows

Edited by Philoss

Lucky for me i havn't got halogen lights, so it won;t effect me at all. Unless between now and Wii launch i get halogen lights fitted, which i most likely won't

Ah, so basically: The WiiMote will work better than TV remotes, but are both affected by powerful halogen lights.

And as pretty much all halogen lights can be easily tilted anyway, simple pointing it away from the wiimote will do the trick.

It's bad for your eyes to do that :heh:

In the long run; yes, in the short run; no.

Basically, it strains your eyes, but your eyes are muscles to and they like training, but they have a limit.

I dont think there will be a problem with the halogens that we all have in our homes. The problem will be the high wattage haloens used in Gaming shops, when the Wii goes on display and they have consoles there to play etc....

It will be fine at home

Oh cmon. Lets not get all ruffled. It might have very little effect, even unnoticeable.

Yeah, I have those in my room too. Shit.
One small trick... just use difusers people... I mean cut a circular thingie out of a semitransparent paper (one who lets most the light pass) it's used a lot in profissional photograph, when taking portraits it stops most of those rays from passing through, you don't get a big defined light focus anymore that way, because... well, it difuses it... It is a cheap as hell solution aswell... (and should work)

I'd test it, but I have no way to do that as I don't have Halogen lights here in my room.

Oh cmon. Lets not get all ruffled. It might have very little effect, even unnoticeable.

But I'm afraid!!!

One small trick... just use difusers people... I mean cut a circular thingie out of a semitransparent paper (one who lets most the light pass) it's used a lot in profissional photograph, when taking portraits it stops most of those rays from passing through, you don't get a big defined light focus anymore that way, because... well, it difuses it... It is a cheap as hell solution aswell... (and should work)

I'd test it, but I have no way to do that as I don't have Halogen lights here in my room.

I hope they come with a pair of those in the box.

Come on, as if the Wii is going to notice a few halogen lights shining. Let's not exaggerate here, unless you have three spotlights focussed directly at your sensor there's no problem.

Haha, gotta love forums.

Indeed!

How many emotions can you identify on these forums since Wii was announced as the name?

Brilliant!