NEurope
david.dakota

Official: Capcom Stabs Us In The Back

Well they initially stabbed Sony fans in the back when they announced that Resi 4 will be a Gamecube exclusive.

Capcom haven't stabbed us in the back, company's like Square-Enix & Konami have stabbed us in the back. Not only that but Nintendo have also tried commiting suicide (metaphorically speaking of course). :P

It's quite fair, I think. PS2 owners have waited far too long for a real Resi game (not counting Code Veronica) and it's nice that they have a chance to play an enhanced version of the best game in the series.

How the fuck did they stab Nintendo in the back?! We got the game a whole year earlier for christ sake!

Of course they're gonna add something in that time. Shinji Mikami and half of the development team quit the Resident Evil franchise possibly losing their jobs after the GameCube version and the PS2 version being announced -- now that's some loyalty right there!

And no matter what they add to the PS2 version -- the GameCube will always be the more complete version in my opinion -- graphically, the control is perfect for the GameCube pad and the framerate is pretty much perfect.

You should see how the game was a couple of years before release, I have yet to see a more polished videogame.

I agree with Sooj.

I'm especially pissed off with Konami though,:mad: to me they are the real "back stabbers" I mean the amount of quality games they released on the Nes and Snes and then they go on to all but completely ignore the N64 and Gamecube.

I've got like 3 Konami games in my N64 and Gamecube collection:

Mystical Ninja (N64) – only decent Konami game on a Nintendo system since the Snes days.

ISS2 (GCN) – glitch infested poor mans Pro Evo.

Metal Gear: TTS (GCN) - and that's debateable as it was pretty much 100% Silicon Knights.

What makes this more annoying is that they have many franchises that are so well suited to be on Nintendo systems, i.e. Parodius, TwinBee, Mystical Ninja...

Although they do seem to be supporting the DS a bit better I'd still like to see them release more games on Nintendo’s home consoles, a Gamecube version of Pro Evo 5 would be a good fucking start!

Konami rant over. :heh:

Anyway in response to the original topic, well no I don't think Capcom are back stabbers at all, they've given Nintendo loads of titles and creating RE4 for the Gamecube took some balls!

Now I just hope Konami can grow some balls too.

Sorry - Konami rant really over now. :hehe:

go cheapshot! i agree with him! resident evil 4 will always be remembered for having been released on the cube! and thats how it made its name as one of the best games for cube!!! :heh:

I agree with Sooj.

I'm especially pissed off with Konami though,:mad: to me they are the real "back stabbers" I mean the amount of quality games they released on the Nes and Snes and then they go on to all but completely ignore the N64 and Gamecube.

I've got like 3 Konami games in my N64 and Gamecube collection:

Mystical Ninja (N64) – only decent Konami game on a Nintendo system since the Snes days.

ISS2 (GCN) – glitch infested poor mans Pro Evo.

Metal Gear: TTS (GCN) - and that's debateable as it was pretty much 100% Silicon Knights.

What makes this more annoying is that they have many franchises that are so well suited to be on Nintendo systems, i.e. Parodius, TwinBee, Mystical Ninja...

Although they do seem to be supporting the DS a bit better I'd still like to see them release more games on Nintendo’s home consoles, a Gamecube version of Pro Evo 5 would be a good fucking start!

Konami rant over. :heh:

Anyway in response to the original topic, well no I don't think Capcom are back stabbers at all, they've given Nintendo loads of titles and creating RE4 for the Gamecube took some balls!

Now I just hope Konami can grow some balls too.

Sorry - Konami rant really over now. :hehe:

Have they released any Twinbee games lately? Pop'n Twinbee for SNES is like my favourite game on the machine...

go cheapshot! i agree with him! resident evil 4 will always be remembered for having been released on the cube! and thats how it made its name as one of the best games for cube!!! :heh:

You couldn't be arsed the get past the castle. Don't be lying now. :p

I'm not saying its a bad idea. Perhaps, how I should have phrased this is 'should capcom release an add-on game containing these 5 extra hours of gameplay?

I still enjoyed Resident Evil 4 IMMENSELY, and therefore don't really care about this separate tag-on storyline. I didn't even bother with the extra Ada mission when I'd finished the game, so there you go.

I think this might be necessary because most Resident Evil fans grabbed a cheap GameCube and copy of the game when it was released, as most of us would do too for our favourite franchises, so the Ps2 version needs a little extra grab to get those people to shell out for one on Sony's little box as well?

Just a thought, still kinda annoying but not enough so to ruin my day.

Capcom backstsabbers o_O WTF, Capcom has been one of the biggest 3rd party supporters of the Cube and has released many an briallnt game on it. Capcom should be applauedded (sp) not ranted at.

Sure didnt are resi evil 2 on the N64 have a few extras in it over the PSONE version? and code veroncia was orginally a Dreamcast exclusive then ps2 and GC owners got a directors cut version so to speak. Besides the graphics in the PS2 version of resi 4 look shite compared to the cube version.

The only thing that pisses me off is that they said several time the game would never go to another console. Other than that its great that more people get to enjoy this awesome game. Personally, the GC controller is much better and even though the PS2 version looks great, its not as good as the GC one. And it has a crappy new weapon. What I want is RE5 on Revo, because it fits the controller really well.

Have they released any Twinbee games lately? Pop'n Twinbee for SNES is like my favourite game on the machine...

If they have they kept it bloody quiet but yeah I love that game too, still play it occasionally. :wink:

only thing that annoys me is that ill have to buy it again

Are you serious, for just five extra hours and a new gun!?

Even if I did have a PS2 I wouldn’t buy the game again, unless I could get it for a fiver, or less!

You seem to have forgotten Konami's immense support for the GBA, a whopping 41 titles:

Boktai: The Sun is in Your Hand

Boktai 2: Solar Boy Django

Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow

Castlevania: Circle of the Moon

Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance

Contra Advance: The Alien Wars EX

Deadly Skies

Disney Sports Basketball

Disney Sports Football

Disney Sports Motocross

Disney Sports Skateboarding

Disney Sports Snowboarding

ESPN Final Round Golf 2002

ESPN Great Outdoor Games: Bass Tournament

ESPN International Winter Sports 2002

ESPN Winter X Games Snowboarding 2

ESPN X Games Skateboarding

Frogger's Adventures 2

Frogger's Adventures: Temple of the Frog

Gradius Advance

International Superstar Soccer

International Superstar Soccer Advance

Jurassic Park 3: Dino Attack

Jurassic Park 3: DNA Factor

Jurassic Park 3: Park Builder

Konami Collectors Series: Arcade Classics

Konami Krazy Racers

Maniac Racers Advance

Ninja Cop

Pro Tennis WTA Tour

Shaman King: Master of Spirits

Silent Scope

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2: Battle Nexus

Yu-Gi-Oh! Destiny Board Traveler

Yu-Gi-Oh! Dungeondice Monsters

Yu-Gi-Oh! Reshef of Destruction

Yu-Gi-Oh! The Sacred Cards

Yu-Gi-Oh! World Championship Tournament 2004

Yu-Gi-Oh! Worldwide Edition: Stairway to the Destined Duel

Zone of the Enders: The Fist of Mars

You seem to have forgotten Konami's immense support for the GBA, a whopping 41 titles:

Boktai: The Sun is in Your Hand

Boktai 2: Solar Boy Django

Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow

Castlevania: Circle of the Moon

Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance

Contra Advance: The Alien Wars EX

Deadly Skies

Disney Sports Basketball

Disney Sports Football

Disney Sports Motocross

Disney Sports Skateboarding

Disney Sports Snowboarding

ESPN Final Round Golf 2002

ESPN Great Outdoor Games: Bass Tournament

ESPN International Winter Sports 2002

ESPN Winter X Games Snowboarding 2

ESPN X Games Skateboarding

Frogger's Adventures 2

Frogger's Adventures: Temple of the Frog

Gradius Advance

International Superstar Soccer

International Superstar Soccer Advance

Jurassic Park 3: Dino Attack

Jurassic Park 3: DNA Factor

Jurassic Park 3: Park Builder

Konami Collectors Series: Arcade Classics

Konami Krazy Racers

Maniac Racers Advance

Ninja Cop

Pro Tennis WTA Tour

Shaman King: Master of Spirits

Silent Scope

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2: Battle Nexus

Yu-Gi-Oh! Destiny Board Traveler

Yu-Gi-Oh! Dungeondice Monsters

Yu-Gi-Oh! Reshef of Destruction

Yu-Gi-Oh! The Sacred Cards

Yu-Gi-Oh! World Championship Tournament 2004

Yu-Gi-Oh! Worldwide Edition: Stairway to the Destined Duel

Zone of the Enders: The Fist of Mars

Thanks for reminding me but I think I'd rather forget.

Anyway, now that you've shown me this list of Konami GBA games perhaps (with the exception of Castlevania) you'd like to point out some good games in that list of complete and utter shite.

I wonder if Resident Evil 4 on cube goes onto the players choice that Capcom would add these extras into that pack. Probably not but it would be nice if they did.

Its a known fact that LATE ports often need incentive content.

Not a big deal. I prefered playing Res 4 early than have Ada's pointless shinanigans and some Ray gun.

Infinite Rockets are all I need >;)

RedShell, how dare you slag off Contra and Gradius! :angry:

But even if we take those in to consideration you're still left with a rubbish majority.

My point here isn’t that Konami makes crap games, it's that they don't generally make good ones for Nintendo anymore. They're too comfortable with the whole playing it safe on the Playstation routine. Whereas at least Capcom aren’t afraid to take some risks once in a while.

I wonder if Resident Evil 4 on cube goes onto the players choice that Capcom would add these extras into that pack. Probably not but it would be nice if they did.

Like Fable: The Lost Chapters' release on Xbox under the budget label, to coincide with the release of that version on PC. It's a good idea. :)