N-Europe

2 down... couple million to go...

Sixfold01

Nintendo's plan to attract non-gamers has already worked on two people whom which I know. My friend Angel (omg girl nongamer, thats a toughie) always makes fun of me when I talk about video games, and about how much of a nerd I am. During e3 I went to her house to use her DSL to see the delicious e3 media. She didn't care and I didn't expect her to, but when I started the trailer she glanced over. She saw the whole the thing, and by the end was speechless. She seemed more excited about Wii than I was! She plans to beg her parents to get it for her on Christmas. SCORE!!! And person number 2, my father! Yes he received his Time magazine and read up on Nintendo's Wii article thingy. He knows how much I love Nintendo so he came to show it to me. After further explaining the greatness of Wii, he was very enthusiastic about it, and was really looking forward to it. I told him I'd be getting a job and I would be buying it as soon as it comes out. My dad is a total non-gamer, a 42 year old man, but surprisingly he said "Well hopefully it comes out near your birthday so I can buy it for you. But if I do buy it, you have to let me play." It was nice to know that already 2 people so close to me, non-gamers, are now awaiting Wii.

I really hope Nintendo has a strong advertising campaign to bring in more non-gamers. Because unless people hear about Wii, they probably won't really care. So its our jobs too, to tell eeeeeeveryone we know about Wii! Nintendo shall reign supreme, and even more so with our help!

Yay I can't wait to play Tennis and Smash Bros. with my dad! I'll go easy on him...

Hooray! This was a silly topic for a thread... but yeah, I just wanted to get that out... perhaps people can post their stories about Nintendo influencing they're friends or family to buy a Wii... Or perhaps the thread will be locked for its stupidity, bwahhaha

I convinced 2 sony-fanboys!!!(or was it the price of PS3?)

Our biggest and best TV-cannel here in germany, with abou 30 % of all people watching TV, reported about E3, they talked 10 minutes about the Wii and how cool it is and so on. And took about 1 minute to talk about both MS and Sony!!!! They also said that Sony copied the motion-detection! but that´s it´s only a cheap approach compared to the Wii! really cool!

So my parents?!? I didn´t convince them, that´s because they are both 64 years old I think! But the first time I´ll bring my wii to their house and wii play tennis against each other on my Dad´s 62"-TV they will be hooked, I swear you! They already like the DS but they´ll love the Wii! I´ll buy 3 for christmas!

One for me(dragonsquest, zelda, metroid) one for my parents(warioware, wiisports) and one for my nephew( One piece)!

I showed my father some Wii trailers. He said "I'm buying that.". Hah, looks like I won't be losing a lot of money at launch :D. What really appeals to him is the simplicity of control. He used to play some games on the SNES, but he finds today's controllers way to complicated. After seeing what Wii had to offer he was really excited.

Im still waiting tio kidnap my mother from her daily tasks and sit her down to watch the tennis Video, she doesnt like the idea of games ever since she kept dieing on sonic and pressing up on the D-pad to jump :(

but im pretty sure she will try this tennis out, also her fiance is interested in the Wii and he was the one that told me thats what it was called, he found out be4 me :( (his source was news on radio)

he wants to play the golf :)

I can't wait for the Wii Tennis game. Brings back a lot of happy memories playing Super Tennis on my SNES with my dad. Good times. I'm going to try and convince my sister - she pakyed OOT but hasn't played anything since - the wii could break that.

Yeah I think that the controller combined with the PS3 price will make wonders to Nintendo, many of my friends are being very open minded about it and some even say that they will buy it, never thougt I had so many intelligent friends :p

It's not that positive on my side. I would even say it's negative.

In canada :

Nobody knows about the Wii. I did not hear about it on TV. The only thing I saw off-internet is a small article in a newspaper in the kids section, that was so poorly written that the reader could not understand how the wiimote worked.

I did try to convert people but I got zero on the train. Even two ex-nintendo fans said "Let's wait and see".

________

Live sex

Edited by Philoss

I did try to convert people but I got zero on the train.
Are you actually trying to 'convert' people on a train? You must sound like a Jehova witness, nobody's going to listen to you :heh:

I got my mother interested for Brain Training, and my dad once said EyeToy were the only 'real' video games because of the movement, so I'll probably get them to play once I get it.