NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
DiemetriX

Wii games will look better than they did at E3

First I would like to say that I don't really care that much about the graphics. But I think the sales will be better if the graphics are better. Imo a lot of the games only looked a tad bit better than normal Xbox games, thats ok for me but won't make people think nextgen before they try it. Playing = Beliving.

--

Comparing Wii games to a gamecube game is not accurate or logicial at all. First I have a quote here from Gamespy that I want to throw out there

"We were warned from the start that the version that we were playing was essentially a skeletal framework of the final product. It was running on GameCube development kits, because Nintendo had only sent out Wii dev kits a few weeks prior to the event, and frankly, no one can realistically throw down a playable demo on brand new dev kits in three weeks and not have it crash more times than a demolition derby. So, having gotten that out of the way, the presentation was less about trying to wow us visually.... It was all about demonstrating exactly what the experience of playing a shooter on the new system could be."

"The final version on Wii will have much more polished graphics".

--

Taken from Gamespot forums. Post by Slice267. His original Post will Explain why the retail version of Red steel will be a lot better than the E3 Demo.

For me, the games did look pretty good at E3, not Sbox360 quality but im not that fussed, this is just an added bonus

I though they looked nice, but it's even better news if they will actually be better. :D

The graphics look sweet as they are now, so it's good news to hear they're going to be even better. It's the gameplay that makes me want a Wii though, not how nice it looks.

Also, a quick question: Do we know if the controller is rechargeable or does it use batteries?

Also, a quick question: Do we know if the controller is rechargeable or does it use batteries?

Uses normal batteries and has a low life span :/

Hopefully they'l reconsider battery op controls...terrible decision.

I pretty much used my initiative that games would look better, still some development time ahead and the wii dev kits were mentioned around here somewere before.

Hopefully they'l reconsider battery op controls...terrible decision.

Well, the controller may change slightly. Anyway, rechargable batteries arn't that expansive now. Just extremely ineficient.

Who said it has a low life span?

I disagree anyway, Ni-Mh batteries which are intended for high intensity devices like digital cameras are exceptional.

I have some of the uniross ones and they rock hard. 800 charges before they decrease in life or your money back.

I'm very happy they made this decision but I really want to know an average lifespan say playing Mario or Metroid.

I'm happy charging it, which is likely seeing as I don't play for long periods and it can fit into the bottom if you unplug the nunchuk.

I have some of the uniross ones and they rock hard. 800 charges before they decrease in life or your money back.

I meant inefficient in the fact that the amount of power it takes from the plug is far greater than the amount you get from the battery. According to my physics teacher, its around 10-15% efficient.

Yeah, seeing Metroid Prime 3 and Monkey Ball, some games have only just adapted to the latest hardware, so graphics could probably get even prettier near launch.

I have to say Nintendo have surprised me with the graphics. Especially Super Smash and Mario Galaxy look staggering for such a small thing.

Metroid Prime 3 Corruption looked damn good imo!

It looked as good as, if not better than, any Xbox 360 stuff I've seen on a normal (non-HD) TV.

OK, ok, I know retro push the hardware to the limits, like they did with the GC and the prime games on that, and stuff by lesser companies (*cough*EA*cough*) will never look as good, but it's still nice all the same.

Graphics have never been an issue for me I stated this AGES ago when the rumours started that the Wii graphics were terrible I mean I quite happy with the way most cube games look so anything better than that is a bonus for me.

Metroid Prime 3 Corruption looked damn good imo!

It looked as good as, if not better than, any Xbox 360 stuff I've seen on a normal (non-HD) TV.

I don't think you have seen Ghost Recon 4 or Oblivion in that case. MP3 is still showing the use of a Cube devkit in that it doesn't have the shiny and polished feel (shaders) over it like Brawl or SMG or any random 360 game. I'm positive they're changing that though.

On the other hand, Mario Galaxy is a good showcase that Wii games quite easily make the level of first gen 360 games. I'm interested to see what's going to happen when developers like Capcom and Nintendo really get into the final hardware.

I don't think you have seen Ghost Recon 4 or Oblivion in that case. MP3 is still showing the use of a Cube devkit in that it doesn't have the shiny and polished feel (shaders) over it like Brawl or SMG or any random 360 game. I'm positive they're changing that though.

On the other hand, Mario Galaxy is a good showcase that Wii games quite easily make the level of first gen 360 games. I'm interested to see what's going to happen when developers like Capcom and Nintendo really get into the final hardware.

watch out for resident evil!

Developers still have around 4-6 months until their games hit the shelves (of course they don't have time until the day before launch, quality testing, pressing, package, ...) so I expect that most of them are complete in terms of gameplay, story, levels but lack simply the fine tuning.

I don't expect miracles but some games definitly need an overhaul concerning graphics and also controls. I guess that a month before launch the first real tests can be made and if a game looks bad then or plays awfull we know it won't be good. So far everything is okay in my eyes.

Wow, Red Steel was running on GC dev kits? That's good to hear, considering the complainst that the graphics were subpar the trailer, etc.

Does anyone know how the hardware specs on these dev kits stack up to the final Wii's?

I for one can't wait to see HDR and normal mapping on the running guy in WarioWare.

I am very, very happy with how Wii games are shaping up. Overall, they do look an improvement over GC games - especially now their in widescreen.

"We were warned from the start that the version that we were playing was essentially a skeletal framework of the final product. It was running on GameCube development kits, because Nintendo had only sent out Wii dev kits a few weeks prior to the event, and frankly, no one can realistically throw down a playable demo on brand new dev kits in three weeks and not have it crash more times than a demolition derby. So, having gotten that out of the way, the presentation was less about trying to wow us visually.... It was all about demonstrating exactly what the experience of playing a shooter on the new system could be."

"The final version on Wii will have much more polished graphics".

Wow, you really wouldn't know it after watching the Smash Bros Trailer. The graphics for some games looked Pretty sweet, Red Steel looked really nice imo, but i woulda liked to see blood effects in it, hopefully they'll add that before launch.

They took out the blood effects so they could get a teen rating so it would be open for more people to buy.

Wait a minute there is nothing official about the bateries and charging in the Wii controllers. So don't go all upset as nothing is set in stone, the competition have rechargable options so nintendo will as well.

As for Graphics I thought Red Steal looked very impressive. Sonic, Mario and Smash Bros definatly stood out they looked pretty, almost as good as XBox 360 games in SD.

Sign in to follow this