NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
DiemetriX

Wii Price?

£106 x 1.175 (bit of maths skills here) = £124.55 so thats plus VAT.

how much did the cube and such release for £130? yeah i think its likely to come out around that price again.

ok so:

Wii, Controller, Nunchuk + 1/2 games would probably be one peice of kit, for 130, or 140..

Yeah it does sound cheap, i got my gamecube with super smash brothers melee for £170.

It might be around that price with one game.

I thought Cube launched at £150. When Wii comes out I'll be in the money so not much of a problem. Shame I'll have sod all time to play it. Depending on what bundle it is the prices will vary IMO. 2 Wiimotes will be more expensive than Wiimote + Nunchuk.

The GC came out for around £135 if I remember right. They said it was gonna be more expensive, but they cut the price like 2 or so months before it came out here.

Cube came out at £130 it was originally meant to be £150 but nitendo cut the price two weeks before launch.

£130 would be cool, admitaly I would pay a lot more if I had to.

£130 would be sweet.That was the price of the GameCube as shade mentioned so £130-£150 would suit me fine.

You've changed your tune! I hear Nintendo can do that to people.

It's not Nintendo really, it's IGN being completely wrong :wink:

Really, I think this console is going to hit that 200 euro / 120 pounds mark. I think Nintendo is holding off a bit to see what the competitor's prices are.

i'm still sticking with 150-sounds awfully common now but it seems right.

plus then i can invest my money where it matters-in all the launch games :D

Here's a correct statement about the price: "You could buy at least two Wii's for the price of one PS3."

Personally, I say the same as the 'cube at launch: £129.99/$199.99/how do I do a Euro sign? (it'll be the same as in $$$ though.)

Cube came out at £130 it was originally meant to be £150 but nitendo cut the price two weeks before launch.

damn, lucky bastards... when the 'cube came out in Denmark the price was just about 230£ :( everything in Denmark just have to be more expensive than other countries... wonder how much the PS3 is gonna launch for here though hehe... how much did the PS2 usually launch for in other countries?

I'm kind of hoping Microsoft is going to lower the 360 price to destroy the PS3's launch. That means Nintendo definetely have to go below €200, as I'm kind of expecting them to want to pull off a €249 launch if it's possible.

Apple's iPods (except the shuffle) cost nearly 40% above their retail price.

I'm not saying Nintendo has turned into Apple in one generation.. but the DS lite carries an extra 20% premium over the classic DS, just for the design.

I wouldn't be suprised if Nintendo charges a hefty premium- they have the right to. They are one-of-a-kind.

I'd gladly pay it.. I'm not justifying what Apple does, because I think it's wrong to make such excessive profit margins.

But when you have a product like that- It's hard to not say "why not?"

Maybe we'll be paying £160ish ($250)

I'm kind of hoping Microsoft is going to lower the 360 price to destroy the PS3's launch. That means Nintendo definetely have to go below €200, as I'm kind of expecting them to want to pull off a €249 launch if it's possible.

I wonder if they will try and get halo 3 reading for the ps3 launch date, how funny would that be on ps3 launch day walking in and buying a 360. :D

Is the any indication of a release date for the wii?

Mario, between October 1st 2006 and December 31st 2006.

That's all we know right now, and that's a worldwide launch period.

You can bet Japan gets it in early October, the Americas in early November and Europe in early December though.

Yeah. I'm expecting it in the US in November, as I've heard November dates thrown around before, and Nintendo has also said in the past that they would launch with or before the PS3, which is also launching that month.

Sign in to follow this