NEurope
Sarka

Super Paper Mario

How do you perform stylish moves? I didn't pay attention to the bartender very well-_-

Instructions Manual, your copy didn't bring one? File a complaint to the store.

I have looked, and I can't find anything about it. Do you even have the game, or are you just guessing?

How do you perform stylish moves? I didn't pay attention to the bartender very well-_-

After jumping/landing on an enemy shake/waggle the Wii-mote (it's a lot easier if holding 2 after the jump to give you more air).

I keep forgetting to do it though so I hope it doesn't affect my levelling up ability too much.

Alternatively , just revisit the bartender for a fuller explanation.

After jumping/landing on an enemy shake/waggle the Wii-mote (it's a lot easier if holding 2 after the jump to give you more air).

I keep forgetting to do it though so I hope it doesn't affect my levelling up ability too much.

Alternatively , just revisit the bartender for a fuller explanation.

Didn't even know you could that, thanks for the heads up :heh:

I have looked, and I can't find anything about it. Do you even have the game, or are you just guessing?

Not yet, but I'll buy it when I find it. It's just that I find that nobody except me reads the manuals. Majority of people just pick up and play. And yes, manuals don't teach all the moves but I'm guessing something as important as that move has got to be in the manual. If you read and it's not there, then I'm sorry. :)

Hmm after not reading anything about this...and expecting it to be more like previous Paper Mario's I'm dissappointed.

We'll see how it goes.

Hmm after not reading anything about this...and expecting it to be more like previous Paper Mario's I'm dissappointed.

We'll see how it goes.

I think I prefer this one so far.I haven't played the Thousand year old door just N64 and this one.I like the platforming style.

The game is fun, but I like the other two Paper Mario games more. The levels aren't as fun as I thought they would be. Some of them are just boring and uninteresting and some are great. The platforming style isn't bad, but I would prefer if they stuck to turn based battles. And I don't like the town, no Toads or Goombas and using the elevators is annoying. Too many of them. Rougeport and Toad Town are a lot better. The card collecting looks like fun and the Boo game in Arcade rocks. Using characters other than Mario is fun too. Overall, I find the game just average. Not awesome, but not horrible.

Just died in the...

100 rooms of trial.Was so close to leveling so I thought i'd just kill till I level to get my score up.But then I jumped into an enmie by accident cause I couldn't see what was below. Now I can'y be bothered re-trying just now

:heh:

Haven't been brave enough to attempt that yet Shadow.

Just got myself through the majority of chapter 4-4 and the insanity continues , that level is completely off the wall.

I am absolutely loving this.

I think I found a more or less serious bug - or is my disk defect?

This migt contain SPOILERS:

In chapter 2-2 you first meet Mimi who tells you to be the housemaid and send you too different rooms. After you passed the last room she sent you (ground floor, first door) - and didn't get the key in the first room she sent you - and talk to her and pressed A twice during the talking (I believe it were two texts you got through) my whole Wii hang up. I couldn't even turn it off. Only by unplugging the power from it. I re-tried this at least 4 times and every time the same thing happened. Whereas, if you got the key you get a different dialog and this won't happen.

I also have the latest Wii firmware v3.0E installed and I am talking about the Europe-Verison of "Super Paper Mario".

Can anyone confirm this? Or am I only having this problme?

I wrote "more or less" because if you just get the key already in the first room you won't run into this problem.

Can anyone confirm whether it runs in widescreen and progressive scan, please? I know the American version does, but just to make sure.

CTRL ALT DELETE!!!!!!!!!!

And I love how the dragons eye changes into the Wii Shops loading icon.

Only on 2.1, but this is wicked.

Can anyone confirm whether it runs in widescreen and progressive scan, please? I know the American version does, but just to make sure.

Yes, it runs in widescreen and progressive scan.

CTRL ALT DELETE!!!!!!!!!!

And I love how the dragons eye changes into the Wii Shops loading icon.

Only on 2.1, but this is wicked.

Do you mean you run into my problem too?

I think I found a more or less serious bug - or is my disk defect?

This migt contain SPOILERS:

In chapter 2-2

I have heard of a few people that have had the same problem , I can't confirm how it's replicated so don't know if it's a bug or faulty disc.

I got through that part without a problem but if I get a chance I will replay that chapter to see if I can reproduce that bug/quirk. It'll be interesting to see if any others on here experience the same problem.

EDIT - A quick glance at the gamespot forums shows loads of topics on this very glitch and how to avoid it.

That problem you mentioned I didn't have it on my version but some others may come across it aswell.

I'm quite lucky when it comes to these things cause I never get any faulty versions of things.

Damn, well that thing about a glitch in the PAL version sucks... Not only do we get the game 5 months late, we get it with a glitch?? Been reading the Gamespot forums and some people talk about a recall. Well, it's possible, Forever Blue was also recalled after a week of being released in Japan, it had a similar glitch that froze the Wii.

But on the other hand, Metroid Prime 2 also has a pretty serious glitch in it that if you run into it, it makes you restart the game from scratch, which is pretty serious since it happens near the end of the game, and MP2 never got recalled or fixed that I know of.

The game is fun, but I like the other two Paper Mario games more. The levels aren't as fun as I thought they would be. Some of them are just boring and uninteresting and some are great. The platforming style isn't bad, but I would prefer if they stuck to turn based battles. And I don't like the town, no Toads or Goombas and using the elevators is annoying. Too many of them. Rougeport and Toad Town are a lot better. The card collecting looks like fun and the Boo game in Arcade rocks. Using characters other than Mario is fun too. Overall, I find the game just average. Not awesome, but not horrible.

Yeah...I would have most definetly LOVED this game if it had turn-based battles, I mean it could still be platform-like but still have turn-based battles. That would have been so great especially with the lack of RPGs, it would have even the odds for a while.

I started playing this game this morning and im enjoying it so far, Im just about to start the 2nd Chapter now. The game is as funny as the other Paper Mario/Mario and Luigi games. I loved the whole...

[spoiler=]Searching logo from the Wii Wifi that appears in the Dragons eye. Also, the Village Elder had me in stiches when he wanted cash of Mario for his help.

Everytime I hit a switch and you get that little jingle it reminds me of Metroid.