NEurope
Sarka

Super Paper Mario

30 hours played and I only have 1 more card to get and 30 more recipes to do. Can HoT finish it all today? All sources point to yes :)

Just wondering: about the recently announced "recall" of the game, are NoE just replacing copies of the game that are returned directly to them or will these "corrected" copies be made available at retail?

Just wondering: about the recently announced "recall" of the game, are NoE just replacing copies of the game that are returned directly to them or will these "corrected" copies be made available at retail?

you can send them back and get a replacement...although its yet to tell people how to...

I doubt I'll bother... :)

I'm picking up the game today, and I was just deciding if it was worth waiting a bit (in case the retail copies were actually recalled from stores and "corrected" copies were made available) or if I was going to pick it up anyway.

Just finished the game, while i did enjoy it, it wasn't anything great.

Story was ok but alot of the characters needed a lot of work on their...erm.... character, there wasn't any real connection made between the player and anyone.

The ending was cool, though dissapointed that...

... we never got to see Tippi/Tampiani in her true form or anything, final boss was good, liked the twist though you saw it coming from like world 3 i think.

Oh yeah and WHAT THE FRACK is up with the pitt of 100 trials in flopside.... i spent ages getting to last room only be told "go back and do it all over again"... FUCK THAT SHIT

Just finished the game, while i did enjoy it, it wasn't anything great.

Story was ok but alot of the characters needed a lot of work on their...erm.... character, there wasn't any real connection made between the player and anyone.

The ending was cool, though dissapointed that...

... we never got to see Tippi/Tampiani in her true form or anything, final boss was good, liked the twist though you saw it coming from like world 3 i think.

Oh yeah and WHAT THE FRACK is up with the pitt of 100 trials in flopside.... i spent ages getting to last room only be told "go back and do it all over again"... FUCK THAT SHIT

Yeah, I was so pissed off when I was told do it one more time. You get proper prizes then, especially one of them is ekstremely good, but when you have ished the game it has no use

Yeah, I was so pissed off when I was told do it one more time. You get proper prizes then, especially one of them is ekstremely good, but when you finished the game it has no use

Yeah I agree. Its fine if you havent beat the game but pretty much useless if you have.

My sources were wrong on me getting 100% on the game today. I need 2 poison shrooms to finish the recipe list and thats me done but you only get them of Cursyas ( sp? ) and the best way to get them is in the 100 Pit and I dont think I have the energy to do it for a 4th time, least not today ;)

Yeah, I was so pissed off when I was told do it one more time. You get proper prizes then, especially one of them is ekstremely good, but when you finished the game it has no use

Yeah i did the flopside one before going to world 7, when i was told i had to do it again, i just thought feck this, i'm wanna finish this game today, ain't no way i'm gonna go trough that again

Woohoo just finished it 100%. I didnt need to go into the Trails for the mushrooms I was after, just went to level 8-3 and there was 2 Cursyas right at the start. I just kept killing them and then leaving the level to try again.

*places SPM back on the shelf*

Woohoo just finished it 100%. I didnt need to go into the Trails for the mushrooms I was after, just went to level 8-3 and there was 2 Cursyas right at the start. I just kept killing them and then leaving the level to try again.

*places SPM back on the shelf*

I admire your patience mate. I very much doubt I will have the time or urge to complete it 100%...

I'm a few hours in right now, and I'm enjoying it.

I mean, it's a Mario game, and therefor it is almost by default great... BUT!

What's different now is that instead of actual turn-based battles, you have simple platforming-style elimination of foes; which results in a far more 1-dimensional game; as ironic as that may be... I mean, the old Paper Mario games had platforming elements too, but to base an entire game on that and KEEP the long cutscenes/dialogues? Feels like they just kinda screwed with the balance.

I'm glad I didn't pay full price for this, but I'm also glad I have it. Heh.

Why the hell shouldn't the game have custscenes and dialogues? It's still a an action RPG with plataform elements at heart, if you want to just jump, go play a normal Mario game.

Anyway, just started the game today and I'm really loving it, it's so damn well put together.

Euhm... chill man. Just an opinion (early impressions, even).

Trying to look at it critically, it's too easy to blindly sing its praise. But I keep coming back to it, so that has to account for something, right? ;)

I'm chilled, I'm chilled.

I laughed my ass out at the dragon boss. So much fanservice!

Got the game, I am enjoying it very much, Just got the 3rd pure heart. I think I will continue on with it now ^_^

Speaking of laughing ones ass off, the Dating Sim bit in Chapter 3 was brilliant.

Yeah, that was great and unexpected!

At some point Peach turns out on me and goes "who is picking these answers for me anyway?? There's no way I'm marrying this geek!" or something like that. I laughed my ass off at that! That was because when he asks her to marry him, I chose the "How much do you make?" option...

:heh:

Finished it. Took me just under 20 hours, and lasted me almost 2 week's, playing on and off. Enjoyed it, but not that much, as the plot didn't suck me in that much. First half of the game was very good, but the second was not so good, as it re-used some level's and because of that bloody samurai thing. The game has some fantastic bosses' included, it's just a shame most of them are quite easy to defeat. The final battle was as usual what I expect from Nintendo - great music, good outcome to the (weak) story and an awesome battle. Might replay some of the earlier levels again, and I can see myself cheking out the arcade many times in the future. Here's hoping we get a Paper Mario RPG on the Wii soon!

I just finished Chapter 5 and I have to say it has grown on me exponentially.

Truth is, the game was far too easy up until now. I finally feel like I've got enough to wrap my mind around as I play.

Also: O'Chunks is awesome.

edit: Well, Chapter 6 was a big DUD. The last part in The Underwhere didn't really save it. Lazy level-design to the max.

Well just reached chapter 6 and so far seems like a very cynical way of extending the game? seriously 99? and wheres my save points?!!!

I'm looking for some worker for the underground exploration team, i've found the camera man but it's another guy I need and can't find him, and it's getting annoying. Any one help?