NEurope
Sarka

Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn

I thought this would only support classic set up? But I don;t see why it couldn't include a point and click set up for those that want to play it that way.

Recent scan has Wiimote as one controller option.

I wonder if that will be the Wii-mote on it's side like the VC games, or if it'll be the Wii-mote as pointer?

I wonder if that will be the Wii-mote on it's side like the VC games, or if it'll be the Wii-mote as pointer?

I'd say Fire Emblem is a no brainer for the pointer really. In fact, I'm very surprised there's classic setup in it.

Basically, FE needs two buttons, A and B, and the pointer could do the rest. The D-Pad could be used for finetuning selections, but I doubt it would be necessary.

I'd say Fire Emblem is a no brainer for the pointer really. In fact, I'm very surprised there's classic setup in it.

Basically, FE needs two buttons, A and B, and the pointer could do the rest. The D-Pad could be used for finetuning selections, but I doubt it would be necessary.

Using a GC controller could be quicker to use, as you would be just pressing a button instead of aiming at part of the screen and pressing A, and would save on battery life.

Using a GC controller could be quicker to use, as you would be just pressing a button instead of aiming at part of the screen and pressing A, and would save on battery life.

They don't use gamepads in PC turn-based strategy, they use a mouse. The pointer does as well as a mouse, though nobody has mastered it as well as a mouse. Also, seeing the simplicity of the FE controls, they don't really need a VC setup, they could've just used the D-pad and A/B on the Wiimote without pointing functionality. So I'm quite surprised that Nintendo puts in classic controls. Seems so conservative and unnecessary to me.

Why FE would need nunchuk at all? I mean, FE needs precisely three buttons; one action button, one cancel button and one to access menus. Pointer can be used to select units on the screen and show place where unit should move.

Wiimote=pointer + a for select, and then to scroll through selections and stuff you could use the control stick. Would be comfortable. I'll be happy with just the wiimote though, I think it should just have the pointing option, this is the Wii afterall and it's not like FE needs classic controls.

They don't use gamepads in PC turn-based strategy, they use a mouse. The pointer does as well as a mouse, though nobody has mastered it as well as a mouse. Also, seeing the simplicity of the FE controls, they don't really need a VC setup, they could've just used the D-pad and A/B on the Wiimote without pointing functionality. So I'm quite surprised that Nintendo puts in classic controls. Seems so conservative and unnecessary to me.

Moot point, no PC TBS plays remotely like Fire Emblem. Menus are mapped to certain buttons on the GCs pad, there aren't enough buttons to go around on the Wii Remote.

Besides, plotting character routes with the pointer would suck balls, and there's still the bettery life issue.

This game doesn't require any physical skill whatsoever; or any fast, precise selecting. Whatever the Wii remote could add to Fire Emblem would be minimal, not all games need something as advanced as motion control. I mean god, they could get it to work on a NES pad or a mobile phone keypad if they wanted to, the entire game is based around menus.

when is this due out? im actually really excited about this game, now the 'ive got a Wii!' hype is dying down ive been feeling a little disappointed by the choice of titles that are out (especially on Virtual Console)

when is this due out?

February in Japan. It's hard to say when it comes to west, as it took over 13 months to localize PoR. PoR had over 1000 pages worth of text, and I don't think that Goddess of Dawn will have less text.

New Info.

- The final game will have 44 chapters (Fire Emblem for Cube had 28 chapters)

New Info.

Wowowowowow. That's what me likes. EPICNESS. What the Wii needs too for that matter. The first one was pretty damn long too :D

New Info.

*passes out*

Give me a decent assasin and this could have a shot at the best Fire Emblem yet.

New Info.

Wow, not the pic of Ashnard, is he still alive?

I want this game. NOW!

I've also got to find PoR (borrowed it off a friend) and Sacred Stones.

I need to get the two GBA Fire Emblems, but no idea when or where I will.

I need to get the two GBA Fire Emblems, but no idea when or where I will.

Yeah Im after them. Sacred Stones is easy to get ahold of but the first GBA one is a nightmare to find brand new even on US import.

It appears that the game is split into 4 seperate parts according to G-Faqs members on the FE boards.

With 44 chapters. Mikaya the main character of one part, Elincia the main character of another, and the other ones unknown.

Source: FESS

Looks pretty cool, might pick this up if there's a games drought during the summer.

One thing though, I swear this game looks Identical to it's Gamecube predacessor, can't the Wii really do any better?