N-Europe

Super Smash Bros. Brawl (Spoilers Topic)

Ashley

I'm really excited about all this information that's come through today - the new characters and stages all look great. It's just a shame that

Mewtwo and Ridley almost certainly haven't made the cut.

You never what's around the corner though today though. How many characters are we expecting?

• Replies 14.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really don't get the point of unveiling all interesting newcomers and keep nearly only vets for unlockables. A crappy move IMO. Probably for marketing reasons.... (especially hiding Ness and showing Lucas when they're clones)

I'll probably be called stupid but the unlockables give me a bitter taste in mouth. I hate the fact that they still keep clone veterans (even with the same final smash). Why keeping Ness when Lucas is here with the same moveset? Why bring back Falco? I'd rather have one new and original character instead of those two ones (and god knows I love Ness). There's a huge plentiness of original and fresh heavily fan-wanted characters which are completely left out and those ones, which bring absolutely nothing to the franchise, are in. I find it really sad. Why not make alternate costumes instead of clones and use the balancing time to include one, especially from an underrepresented franchise like Metroid or F-Zero or a new franchise?

Oh and WWLink is crappy IMO since I hate having two times the same character in a game even when they play differently (I especially look at Vegeta in DBZ Tenkaichi games). Just a matter of feeling... They could have make 15 different versions of Link if they wanted... The WW one is not even the most original (they even keep his bow...). Minish Cap would have been a better choice while bearing a similar graphical style.

I really hope Ganondorf is decloned (at least, his final smash is amazing and really pleasing for fans), Wolf isn't a clone and ROB has an original moveset.

Talikng about ROB, I think I can laugh at Sakurai when he says this:

"I mean, there are lots of popular games with characters that just aren’t meant for fighting and were too hard to incorporate into the Smash Bros. title. Heading the list of these characters are the ones from the games we just mentioned, Nintendogs and Animal Crossing. "

and put ROB as a playable character. :indeed:

Anyway, I'll love this game and will play it to death The number of modes and new things is astonishing and I'm starving to play SSE ... but the character choice could have been so much better.

Someone to change the "SUper Smash Bros. Brawl (Tag Japanese Spoilers)" to "Super Smash Bros. Brawl (Spoilers)"

I have to admit, im with Deathborn, but i like the stages, i just don't like the clones when they can put something new and original

I really don't get the point of unveiling all interesting newcomers and keep nearly only vets for unlockables. A crappy move IMO. Probably for marketing reasons.... (especially hiding Ness and showing Lucas when they're clones)
People would be pissed if veterans wouldn't have returned. Can't keep everybody happy. I'd say this is as good as I could've imagined it.

I'll probably be called stupid but the unlockables give me a bitter taste in mouth. I hate the fact that they still keep clone veterans (even with the same final smash). Why keeping Ness when Lucas is here with the same moveset? Why bring back Falco? I'd rather have one new and original character instead of those two ones (and god knows I love Ness). There's a huge plentiness of original and fresh heavily fan-wanted characters which are completely left out and those ones, which bring absolutely nothing to the franchise, are in. I find it really sad. Why not make alternate costumes instead of clones and use the balancing time to include one, especially from an underrepresented franchise like Metroid or F-Zero or a new franchise?

We don't know how cloney they are, for all we know Ness has a new moveset because he isn't even supposed to be able to do all his PK stuff (he couldn't in Earthbound). F-Zero and Metroid will get plenty of representation in stages, assists and bosses, as there simply aren't enough iconic characters in the games that are capable of being a Smash Bros. character.
Oh and WWLink is crappy IMO since I hate having two times the same character in a game even when they play differently (I especially look at Vegeta in DBZ Tenkaichi games). Just a matter of feeling... They could have make 15 different versions of Link if they wanted... The WW one is not even the most original. Minish Cap would have been a better choice while bearing a similar graphical style.
There wouldn't be a difference between TWW and TMC Link except for the bird head. We don't know his attacks now, so we can't judge.

Anyway, we don't have to spoiler any more because of the other thread.

Overall the character roster is pretty good. This will probably be my last visit to this page because I only wanted the characters spoiled but don't really want to know the other unlockable stages etc.

I do not really like the fact that most of the players that are unlockables are charcaters who have been in Melee or the N64 version. I'd prefer there to be more unlockable newcomers instead. Of all the newcomers, the one that I am most looking forward to is Sonic.

I also like the look of the Toon Link but I hope that he isn't just a faster weaker version of Link. ((Also his stage is very very cool))

Even though there are some disappointments, this wont stop how awesome the multiplayer will be.

up254061.jpg

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT!!!!

33dehj4.jpg

At least, his hammer is huge. Hope he can glide.

Put in spoiler tags but what's the point of the other threads if we keep using spoiler boxes???

There wouldn't be a difference between TWW and TMC Link except for the bird head. We don't know his attacks now, so we can't judge.

The difference would be moveset. WW Link will have hammer, bow and probably leaf and mad spin attack. Not very original apart the leaf.

MC can have the inhaling pot, the rukh cape, this strange reversing staff, a quick shrinking evade move and 4 Link combo (or IA controled Link) as final smash.