NEurope
Ashley

Super Smash Bros. Brawl (Spoilers Topic)

God this game is such a step up from melee in the graphical department.

God those guys are so lucky to be able to play it :(

Does he have that in Melee? I'm a bit worried Luigi won't be playable now...surely thats impossible?

He has that in Melee (and the N64 one also I think) and Luigi is unremovable since he's made of 100% pure win (and he has got a vacuum now).

sq73i0.jpg

Drill Dozer: Jill :)

Jill looks good in 3D. So much potential wasted...

Well, at least she made it in some form.

And they keep fighting for such a long time while falling? Awesome.

IGN character select screen:

Meta Knight colours:

- white

- red

- green

- purple (dark purple hue, pinkish cape, red eyes)

Looks like someone got Dark Link wrong because only purple Meta Knight is shown in the videos.

sonic made it :yay:

oh i just forgott lugi ain't in brawl oh no

(i don't even use him but it still don't feel right)

I wonder everyone will have evil versions of themselfs.

Well if so Shadow would not fit in because he will be like hmmm maria then pull out a gun a do a drive by lol

Shadow might as well just be a costume colour change for sonic. It would be easy enough

Well if so Shadow would not fit in because he will be like hmmm maria then pull out a gun a do a drive by lol

ok......o_O

GameSpot Super Smash Bros. Brawl Hands-On

Nintendo showed off a playable, work-in-progress version of Super Smash Bros. Brawl for the Wii at a media event today. The playable demo of the game featured 14 playable characters, including the recently announced Sonic the Hedgehog. We were able to pick any of the fighters and dive into a two-minute KO brawl on one of 11 stages. Although the playable demo was obviously focused on letting the assembled press get their hands on the game, the other big aspect of the demo was the ability to try out two of the control schemes being used, either with the classic controller or only the Wii Remote.

Prior to our initial hands-on time, a brief presentation for the game by a Nintendo rep offered a quick overview of the schemes and showed off the game's familiar mechanics, as well as some of the new tweaks being made. The roster of fighters included the usual already-announced suspects: Mario, Donkey Kong, Link, Samus, Fox McCloud, Pikachu, Diddy Kong, Pit, Meta Knight, Ike (from the Fire Emblem series), Peach, Yoshi, Sonic, and Bowser. As with the previous games, each character can be personalized a bit with a set of alternate color schemes to choose from.

After two quick battles--one between Mario and Samus, and the other featuring Sonic and Link--we were able to try the game ourselves. Although we intend to clock in a lot more time with the game, our initial impressions are: It's Smash Brothers, and it's fun. Nevertheless, the jury is still out on the two control schemes; currently we're not thrilled with either option, and we're longing for a GameCube controller. Regardless, we're going to keep an open mind and log in time before rendering judgment.

Our first take on the visuals in action is that they're sharp, with nice bits of flash peppered throughout. Character models look good, and the stages are nicely designed, with a lot of motion and dynamic elements that include plenty of hazards. The game moves at a smooth clip, regardless of how crazy the visuals get, which should keep things vibrant and wild.

That's what we have so far, but you can expect more soon. In the meantime, we'll have videos and an interview on the game up shortly.

-GameSpot

From Gamespot

Nintendo showed off a playable, work-in-progress version of Super Smash Bros. Brawl for the Wii at a media event today. The playable demo of the game featured 14 playable characters, including the recently announced Sonic the Hedgehog. We were able to pick any of the fighters and dive into a two-minute KO brawl on one of 11 stages. Although the playable demo was obviously focused on letting the assembled press get their hands on the game, the other big aspect of the demo was the ability to try out two of the control schemes being used, either with the classic controller or only the Wii Remote.

Prior to our initial hands-on time, a brief presentation for the game by a Nintendo rep offered a quick overview of the schemes and showed off the game's familiar mechanics, as well as some of the new tweaks being made. The roster of fighters included the usual already-announced suspects: Mario, Donkey Kong, Link, Samus, Fox McCloud, Pikachu, Diddy Kong, Pit, Meta Knight, Ike (from the Fire Emblem series), Peach, Yoshi, Sonic, and Bowser. As with the previous games, each character can be personalized a bit with a set of alternate color schemes to choose from.

After two quick battles--one between Mario and Samus, and the other featuring Sonic and Link--we were able to try the game ourselves. Although we intend to clock in a lot more time with the game, our initial impressions are: It's Smash Brothers, and it's fun. Nevertheless, the jury is still out on the two control schemes; currently we're not thrilled with either option, and we're longing for a GameCube controller. Regardless, we're going to keep an open mind and log in time before rendering judgment.

Our first take on the visuals in action is that they're sharp, with nice bits of flash peppered throughout. Character models look good, and the stages are nicely designed, with a lot of motion and dynamic elements that include plenty of hazards. The game moves at a smooth clip, regardless of how crazy the visuals get, which should keep things vibrant and wild.

That's what we have so far, but you can expect more soon. In the meantime, we'll have videos and an interview on the game up shortly.

Deja Vu much?

sonic made it :yay:

oh i just forgott lugi ain't in brawl oh no

(i don't even use him but it still don't feel right)

Ofcourse Luigi will be in Brawl...Come on guys, I would stake my flat on it.

I'm sure I've seen quite a few people wanting Little Mac as a playable character. According to 1Up, he's an Assist Trophy.

gamepro have their impressions and a cool video of them playing, you can see Peachs Final smash and Bowsers (Giga bower)

http://www.gamepro.com/nintendo/wii/games/previews/139928.shtml

Gamespot have a 10 minute long video with a Nintendo rep playing and talking about the game.

http://uk.gamespot.com/video/928518/6180868/super-smash-bros-brawl-nintendo-media-summit-2007-demo-1

The rep mentions in that video that theAnimal crossing stage will be tied to your Wii's interneral clock - Play that stage at midnight and it will be midnight in the level, I wonder if its tied to the time of year for different seasons?

Imaging playing that stage on Christmas day so its covered in snow.

Also: The Nintendo rep mentions that that after you pick up a final smash it can be beaten out of you before you use it.

I'm sure I've seen quite a few people wanting Little Mac as a playable character. According to 1Up, he's an Assist Trophy.

Shit... he was one of the best retro character possibility and could have announce a Punch-out wii.

Olimar better not be an assist trophy.

Olimar better not be an assist trophy.

Now we know that characters have entrance animations, there's no reason for people to say that Olimar shouldn't be included because of his size - if needs be, his could be a tiny space ship landing, Olimar stepping out, then getting zapped by the ship so that he grows to the size of the normal characters!

EDIT: Today's screenshot mode looks good. Great that you can take a photo any time and save straight to SD cards! I wonder what the blurred out feature is... Doodling on top of screen shots, like in the Photo Channel, maybe?