NEurope
Ashley

Super Smash Bros. Brawl (Spoilers Topic)

I really wish i had a time machine. Just so i could fastforward to when this game comes out.

Wii will probably have atleast 10mbit (has someone seen any specs on this?).
IGN has a little article telling about Broadcom, the company that supplies the Bluetooth for the Wiimote. It also says that Broadcom will supply a 802.11g compatible chip, meaning 54 megabits per second is possible. That means no slowdown on your side whatsoever, no matter what SSB/Battlefield/MMORPG you play.

IGN has a little article telling about Broadcom, the company that supplies the Bluetooth for the Wiimote. It also says that Broadcom will supply a 802.11g compatible chip, meaning 54 megabits per second is possible. That means no slowdown on your side whatsoever, no matter what SSB/Battlefield/MMORPG you play.

Cool that's good news.Good find.

Trailer with the audience reaction!

Its so funny when Snake gets revealed.

I know that trailer was just to show off new characters, but since there were 8 revealed to be fighting at the same time, do you think there's a possibility of 8-player deathmatches?

Trailer with the audience reaction!

Its so funny when Snake gets revealed.

Wow, I'd love to be there :D

I know that trailer was just to show off new characters, but since there were 8 revealed to be fighting at the same time, do you think there's a possibility of 8-player deathmatches?

8 players fighting on the screen at once might be a bit too chaotic, and the camera would almost always have to be completely zoomed out, making it hard to see everything, but you never know, it might be one of the online modes.

I'm not sure if I've even replied to this thread since the trailer was released. Unfortunately, I can't say I'm happy at all to see 3rd party characters in the game, although the way that Snake was revealed was, admittedly, quite funny. I can't wait to play as all the new characters, though. Wario was obviously going to be in it (interesting they've chosen to use his Wario Ware outfit, though!), but I'm really glad that relatively obscure characters such as Pit and the fantasticly cool Meta Knight have been included. Only Zero Suit Samus seems a bit of a waste of time to me, unless she can switch from Varia Suit Samus, mid-match, Zelda/Sheik style.

Can i just ask why some people are upset about the fact that there are 3rd party characters in the game now, i think it's the best thing to happen to the series.

Can i just ask why some people are upset about the fact that there are 3rd party characters in the game now, i think it's the best thing to happen to the series.

I know that lots of people don't agree, but I just prefer Smash Bros to be a celebration of all things Nintendo. I know it still will be, to some extent, but even so, I'd rather it stayed totally 'pure', with that loveable character design that only Nintendo can come up with.

I very, very rarely buy any third party games for my Cube and DS anyway (if I only have the time to play a certain amount of games, I'd rather they were quality Nintendo ones), so I think another reason I don't really want many 3rd party characters in is simply because I've never really played with them before. Maybe that makes me a fanboy, but like I said, I just don't have the time or money to expand into 3rd party gaming.

I know that lots of people don't agree, but I just prefer Smash Bros to be a celebration of all things Nintendo. I know it still will be, to some extent, but even so, I'd rather it stayed totally 'pure', with that loveable character design that only Nintendo can come up with.

Same here, I was very angry when they added Snake cause I knew he`ll be a gate for more 3rd parties to join, DAMN IT!!!!

I can ubderstand both sides to the argument, a love-in for all things Nintendo is great, but thats what Melee was, it cant really evolve that much except tovadd other characters - so I'm pretty happy about that. Snakes revealvwas great, but my problem is that he's a Playstation chatacter really, I would have preferred characters that are synonomous with Nintendo - Sonic for example. Overall though I cant wait - megaman, Simon Belmont, sonic, Eggman etc etc.

I don't get why people complain, when you don't HAVE to play as 3rd party characters.

I don't get why people complain, when you don't HAVE to play as 3rd party characters.

Having more 3rd parties chars. might mean having less orginal Nintendo ones.

Having 3rd party characters makes the game appeal to more people. My Playstation fan-boy of a friend is getting the Wii for Red Steel and now for this because he loves Snake! I'm hoping for Ryu and Ken though from street fighter, mainly because that was THE 2d fighting game that started the rest off. Please capcom, i'll be good....

Im hoping they dont add many other "realistic" people in the game. Im still struggling to see how Snake will work in the Smash Bros arena.

Thanks for the link Stocka, I love hearings peoples reactions to trailers its what makes the first Zelda TP one so special. I was happy with Pit getting a reaction aswell.

I'm for having third-party characters in the game. If it was Mario Kart, then yes, the amount of characters should be restricted to mario characters. But i'm hoping SSB will expand to not only be a celebration of Nintendo, but a celebration of gaming in general. It should be a game that rekindles memories of all games, not just Nintendo ones. Well thats my viewpoint anyway.

Im hoping they dont add many other "realistic" people in the game. Im still struggling to see how Snake will work in the Smash Bros arena.

Thanks for the link Stocka, I love hearings peoples reactions to trailers its what makes the first Zelda TP one so special. I was happy with Pit getting a reaction aswell.

I agree i like smash bro as it is.

I think Making Mario Kart like smash bros. would be awesome, imagine racing on levels based in the Zelda univere or Metroid etc. or on the Starfox ship as it flies through space!! Would be amazing!

I don't really see whats wrong in having 3rd party characters. If you don't like them then don't pick them....

You lot really love Nintendo don't you???:heart::laughing:

This reminds me of how they put Pac-man in the arcade Mario Kart, who knows, amybe this'll be similar.

I still can't imagine Snake double jumping or even jumping high enough to get to the ledges. What attacks could they give him, like B+Up where he has to do a jump too.

Also, I hope Wario's moves aren't all toilet humour orientated.

I hear some people in some other forums saying thrid party characters do not deserve to be in Super Smash Bros.

That's just crazy.

There are plenty of Nintendo characters that have had rubbish games but they all get a part in Smash Bros.

Snake deserves to be in it because the Metal Gear Solid series is amazing.

Third party a characters are just so... different...

I don't mind a few third party characters - characters with plenty of history like Sonic and Solid Snake are all right - as long as they don't add shallow, no history characters like Viewtiful Joe or commercial suckouts like Pac Man. They really don't deserve it.

I don't really see whats wrong in having 3rd party characters. If you don't like them then don't pick them....

You lot really love Nintendo don't you???:heart::laughing:

Im all for 3rd party characters aslong as they fit the game. For example Megaman will as he has a cartoony look where as Ryu wouldnt.

Im all for 3rd party characters aslong as they fit the game. For example Megaman will as he has a cartoony look where as Ryu wouldnt.

There you have just admitted that Nintendo characters are infact cartoony, and cartoons are made for kids. And some people say nintendo can be for adults aswell :laughing:.

(Sorry for the bigheaded reply)