NEurope
Ashley

Super Smash Bros. Brawl (Spoilers Topic)

Guess the Western areas will get Metroid in 2007 and Brawl in 2008, and Japan vice versa.

i really think the wii needs smash bros first. it's just the bigger game and will certainly outsell metroid by miles. it's a system seller especially now with solid snake in it. not many people can resist a snake vs mario match

My prediction is that SSBB will be released everywhere all in the same month December.

Personally, I hope you're right. It'd make my December truely delicious.

It would be a good move for nintendo as well as because it's a new game a very big title AND is close to Christmas, you can expect it to be sold out on the first week.

SSBB will be much more of a system seller than Metroid...

That's exactly why Nintendo should wait. Probbably the Wii will loose a bit of momentum when PS3 drops in price, and SSBB will be the game that solves the problem!

I'm going for Metroid and Mario in 07, Brawl in 08. Purely because we haven't seen hardly anything of Brawl and it's nearly May 07.

You lot are right though, Brawl would shift more systems then Metroid, in my opinion.

I honestly don't know which i would prefer to release first though, out of Metroid and Brawl. I couldn't pick, both look outstanding.

It would be a good idea for Nintendo to release: Mario Galaxy, Metroid and Smash end of the year and the surge in Wii sales will be out of this world.

If anything, the Wii sales will need a boost in 2008. Don't underestimate Super Mario Galaxy as a system seller, it alone could cause another Wii shortage. Especially if they make a system bundle.

I think we'll get something like this,

Metroid - September

Mario - November/December (for Christmas)

SSBB - 2008 January-March

Metroid - September

That's about what I would say, although I don't think they would release Metroid until October, even if it's ready by September.

Metroid - September

I agree with that prediction. I think I made a similar one not long back.

Can't see Brawl making it out this year, and it's probably best not to launch all 3 biggies in the same quarter (ish) anyway.

One thing Nintendo need to sort out first is production, though. It doesn't matter if Brawl sells 60 million Wiis if Nintendo can't produce enough supply.

I think they'll stockpile them for those releases. Not so much for MP - while it is a huge game, it is mostly a Nintendo fan only game. Those who want it will mostly have the console by now. Galaxy and Brawl however, will need big stockpiles.

What im wondering is if Metroid, Mario and Smash make Xmas 07 then what does that leave for 2008? Zelda? F-Zero? Starfox? Donkey Kong?

What im wondering is if Metroid, Mario and Smash make Xmas 07 then what does that leave for 2008? Zelda? F-Zero? Starfox? Donkey Kong?

There's always something in the works. Mario Kart, maybe Animal Crossing, probably more Touch Generation games, and all those you mentioned.

I think we need a miracle for all these titles to make it out this year. Mario and Metroid should probably see a release, but I'm not sure about Smash Bros.

I'd rather have Smash Bros out first. It could hold me over until 2020 when the next Zelda comes out.

I'd rather have Smash Bros out first. It could hold me over until 2020 when the next Zelda comes out.

The next Zelda is supposadely out 2009.

i want this game to be out now hahah i think the reason that its taking so long maybe they got alot of requests from third partys or wat i think is the online function they want it to be perfect

Nintendo's AAA games

• Wii Music
  • Wii Health Pack
  • Wii Motorsports
  • Project Hammer
  • Super Mario Galaxy
  • Metroid Prime 3: Corruption
  • Donkey Kong Bongo Blast
  • Super Smash Bro: Brawl
  • Battalion Wars 2
  • Big Brain Academy: Wii Degree
  • Kirby Wii
  • Forever Blue

I wouldn't say they'll all be AAA, Dante, although Animal Crossing, which you didn't have on your list, may well be. I hope Nintendo reveal a few more 'big' games soon. Kirby, Disaster and Hammer all look okay, but not all that amazing.

I'm going for Metroid and Mario in 07, Brawl in 08. Purely because we haven't seen hardly anything of Brawl and it's nearly May 07.

So what??? That doesn't mean it's not pretty complete.

SSX Blur wasn't really seen until a few months before release.

Nintendo's AAA games

• Wii Music
  • Wii Health Pack
  • Wii Motorsports
  • Project Hammer
  • Super Mario Galaxy
  • Metroid Prime 3: Corruption
  • Donkey Kong Bongo Blast
  • Super Smash Bro: Brawl
  • Battalion Wars 2
  • Big Brain Academy: Wii Degree
  • Kirby Wii
  • Forever Blue

Those arent AAA titles, the only big franchises there are Mario, Metroid, Smash Bros, Donkey Kong and Big Brain Academy.

Some of the others could be system sellers but that remains to be seen really

Ah for fuck's sake, shut the hell up with that "AAA" crap. Who the hell cares?

Ah for fuck's sake, shut the hell up with that "AAA" crap. Who the hell cares?

Indeedy doo. The games are all going to appeal to some audience, and to fans of any franchise the game will be seen as "AAA". And that's where the money's at.