NEurope
Ashley

Super Mario Galaxy

Im quite suprised that people ARE suprised that Assasins Creed got to number 1 in the charts. Fact is its on 2 consoles and it was a big title for them consoles especially the starved for games PS3 owners.

Does it deserve to be number 1? Not at all as Mario is far the superior game but when you live in a country where Need for Speed games get Christmas no.1 status then you come to expect this kind of thing.

Does anyone know if Nintendo are bringing out an official soundtrack CD for this game?

Yes they are, you can get it on the Nintendo Club in Japan. So soon it will be on the Internet. I think it's out early next year.

Don't forget you can't buy the game from Amazon... still!!

Why is this!!?

EDIT: Or Play.... Two of the biggest on-line retailers! Weird!!

EDIT 2: Or GAME, Gamplay, Virgin... all only on a pre-order/waiting on our suppliers basis!!!

(Hero-Of-Time, the 360 version is at the top of the charts, not just "all versions")

Anyway, did the final boss this morning...Had to turn it off in the credits to go to work. Wonder if it saved it? The last level was soooo good though.

..it asks you to save after the credits and stuff ReZ so I would guess not.. but having said that, would you really mind having to do the final level again? I thought it was great!

As for Bowser himself:

Did anyone else expect some tail grabbing followed by swinging of the remote to swing bowser around? I expected it to come in one of the fights anyway, but it never materialized. I'm not saying it's a bad thing, as it's already been done in Mario 64.. and I loved the boss fights in this game so much anyway

:heh:

The last level is epic, fun boss fight.

I got all 3 coloured stars last night so I though i'd go try them out. Did the mechanic and ball one. Used 20 odd lives doing the double one and I still haven't done it. Been the hardest star for me to get so far.

Im going to need some help finding all the hidden stars. Can anyone post where each one is on each galaxy? If possible. Id be highly appreciativ.

There's a question mark on the level with the star. They aren't any difficult to find so you really should give it a try yourself.

..it asks you to save after the credits and stuff ReZ so I would guess not.. but having said that, would you really mind having to do the final level again? I thought it was great!

As for Bowser himself:

Did anyone else expect some tail grabbing followed by swinging of the remote to swing bowser around? I expected it to come in one of the fights anyway, but it never materialized. I'm not saying it's a bad thing, as it's already been done in Mario 64.. and I loved the boss fights in this game so much anyway

:heh:

Yeah, it was the first thing I tried to do in the first fight and was surprised to discover that it didn't work.

I did expect more from the final battle though...it was just too easy. Fun but easy

I tihnk just about everyone that played Mario 64 was expecting to do that though. Would of been better if you could.

I mean how is punching a tail and hitting a shell gonna hurt him? Throwing him into bombs is the way to go!

IGN has a good walkthrough I just discovered.

Its incomplete and rubbish. I was having trouble with one star, looked and they didnt have it. Gamespot on the other hand did and it helped me

On some secret stars they say theres the spin platform but they neglect to mention the Hungry Luma that you need to feed to get that platform

Damn what's the point of even finding the stars if you use a guide for them, strips all the fun out of it.

Well I was having trouble finding 3 bunnies in the 2 minute time limit as I could never find the last one...thus I looked and found out where it was. This was after many many many many many tries

The GameRankings top 3 is quite impressive now:

1) Super Mario Galaxy -- 97.6%

2) The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time -- 97.6%

3) Metroid Prime -- 96.3%

Such a shame that I don't have the time for this game at the moment... Went along with my mate buying the game, and I almost licked the cover :heh:

Galaxy's dropped 0.3%. I don't know what Conor's given it in the N-E review though, so it could go back up.

TBH our rankings here at N-E are lacking, we should have decimal rankings like IGN.

TBH our rankings here at N-E are lacking, we should have decimal rankings like IGN.

..why should giving it 5/5 even need a decimal :heh:

Full marks ftw!

Yeah. It'll be 8.8 all over again.

Erm, Im only using it for the ones I cant find, as Im sure 98% of people do!

Indeed...when you're at 119 stars and you have one left and cant find it or cant do it, it does your nut in

..why should giving it 5/5 even need a decimal :heh:

Full marks ftw!

The final scores are 10/10 not /5

:P

I much prefer decimals rather than /5 or /10. /10 gives me a general idea of how good a game is, whilst a decimal tells me exactly how good it is. That's why I hate GamerTV ratings.