NEurope
Ashley

Super Mario Galaxy

E3 Walkthrough Video

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/21649.html

- There are large worlds!!

- Looks like you can build upon your life bar in levels by finding large mushroom upgrades! (right at the start of the video).

- Water/Honey? = WOW!! Best Water Ever?!!

- Co-op demonstrated.

- Piranha Plants.

- New Bee Mushroom = Bee Mario.

- Water stops Bee Suit (makes sense, bees don't like water!).

- Go into a Black Hole = Start level over!

- Fantastic Fur Effects!

- "You Got A Star"!!

Just WOW!!

I urge you all to watch that video that Retro_Link has posted. It's truly stunning. The fur on the queen bee just made me wet myself.

E3 Walkthrough Video

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/21649.html

- There are large worlds!!

- Looks like you can build upon your life bar in levels by finding large mushroom upgrades! (right at the start of the video).

- Water/Honey? = WOW!! Best Water Ever?!!

- Co-op demonstrated.

- Piranha Plants.

- New Bee Mushroom = Bee Mario.

- Water stops Bee Suit (makes sense, bees don't like water!).

- Go into a Black Hole = Start level over!

- Fantastic Fur Effects!

- "You Got A Star"!!

Just WOW!!

Awesome... just awesome

This game alone should justify owning a Wii.

I love the way someone else can pick up a second controler and give you a hand!

The fact that we have co-op and that suits are returning from SMB3 is enough to get me to buy this game immediately.

This game is going to be one of the greatest video games of all time, on par with Ocarina of Time.

Genius.

Mario has always been slow, but usually there is the sort of slide on the B button to speed things up. Maybe because of lack of buttons that isnt in this game?

And the game really looks awesome. I hope the Bee Suit isn't too common though, it could end up being the new hoverpack in some ways :/

Mario has always been slow, but usually there is the sort of slide on the B button to speed things up. Maybe because of lack of buttons that isnt in this game?

And the game really looks awesome. I hope the Bee Suit isn't too common though, it could end up being the new hoverpack in some ways :/

Well, there's also the Boo suit. We'll probably see even more suits as well. R.I.P. Raccoon Suit... or is it?

That looks amazing.

This is now number one on my most wanted list.

The water looks beautiful. Bee suit sounds great, not allowed to touch water. Climbing on homney combs, the Queen Bee's fur looked great. Second wiimote able to join in anytime.

I just really want to play it.

What we like: The bee suit is a welcome addition that hearkens back to the crazy animal-based power-ups from Super Mario 3. And we're banking on plenty of other possible suits as well; the bee power seems very specific to a certain set of honeycomb-themed spheres, and even the tiny glimpse we've been given of the game suggests a ton of diversity in the environments.

But most of all, we simply love the way the game feels. Many gamers are of the opinion that Super Mario Sunshine strayed too far from the fundamentals of the series by focusing so heavily on the water cannon/jet pack, but Galaxy puts the emphasis right back on jumping and stomping foes. The controls are tight and the graphics are crisp, if not exactly a dead ringer for top-of-the-line Xbox 360 visuals. And tiny references to games past are everywhere, from the usual coins, to Goombas of unusual size, to "?" blocks that appear as crystalline squares that can be kicked around the levels as weapons or stomped on to yield rewards.

What we dislike: Not much, actually -- Galaxy is unconventional, but it absolutely feels like Mario. The camera angles can be a little tricky, although that's by design. Still, we wouldn't mind having a little more direct control over how we see the game. And there really needs to be some way to get revenge on a second player who keeps screwing you up by freezing you in place while enemies are near or wasting your stars. (Besides a well-deserved punch to the face.)

OK, it's a large bit to quote, considering you can go to http://www.1up.com/do/previewPage?cId=3161079 to see all of the preview, but 1up seems to be loving this game to the max. Hardly a bad word about it (accept a little more control over camera and getting revenge on the second player when they screw you up).

Read into that bolded/ under-lined bit how you will, I'm not too sure how they meant it, but it sounds to me like they're making an additional compliment on-top of the fact the graphics are crisp, meaning the graphics are top of the line

It says the graphics aren't a dead ringer for Xbox 360 graphics, meaning not as good...

Whoops, ~I didn't realise it said "not", just kinda posted due to the excitement, nevermind ;)

Wait, hold on, having read into that, it doesn't seem clear how they meant it.... ah whatever, they mentioned it in some form which I guess is complimentary enough.

Wow, Wii's graphics aren't as good as PS3 or 360, would you look at that, they really know their stuff.

Probably. But those were just four worlds shown at a small demo. There will be many more.
Yeah thanks for that! There I was thinking that demo showed the whole game! :indeed:

Don't see how what you said changes my guess that the Bee Suit will just bee (get it!) for Bee World?!

Make you wonder what other worlds there will be. I hope for a return of the frog suit!

Make you wonder what other worlds there will be. I hope for a return of the frog suit!

Well there was that underwater screen shot so it could be possible!

Reading that 1up quote I thought about the frog suit.

A bird suit for a forest level, a mole suit for an undergorund mainly level.

Possibilities are endless up to how many animals there are in the world.

I'd be the happiest individual in the world if there was. A returning Tanooki Suit would be great as well.

Though there is that Scuba-Shell for underwater exploration; the frog suit could still be there aswell I suppose!

After watching some of the videos, I am really hyped for this game. I can't wait to play it. It looks really great as well, just like a 360 game IMO. I hope third party developers are taking notes.

Concerning suits, I don't think any will "return", it's not really Nintendo's policy. People always wanna see the classics again but Nintendo prefer to do something new every time, hence you go from racoon to cape to wing cap to water pack. Only the essential classics like the fireflower really remain the same.

Bee video is great although I think I can see why Matt and Bozon are annoyed a little about the running speed. Sadly this is also the kind of thing I can imagine Nintendo having made a deliberate choice about and feeling no need to change it, which would be a shame as the game is near perfect in most ways.