Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Metroid Prime 3: Corruption

Ashley

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I still haven't beaten Prime 2, stuffed up on an area with collectables to get 100% and cracked it so I stopped playing it. Was definitely a step up in difficulty from Prime 1 though and I am going to start a new file on it again along with playing Twilight Princess next week.

I never beat meta ridley in the first one. Echoes guided you through it more than the first, but the enemies were harder. I wasn't beaten by the difficulty, I just stopped playing it because I didn't have the time, and didn't really feel like getting back into it.

i dont really agree.Enemies were much harder but Echoes was so damn vague.Especially towards the end where it made you find the secret keys.You had to look at the map for clues.Very very difficult.i found prime easier but you would think after mastering prime echoes would be easier.no its really not.Imagine someone who started their metroid experience with echoes

i dont really agree.Enemies were much harder but Echoes was so damn vague.Especially towards the end where it made you find the secret keys.You had to look at the map for clues.Very very difficult.i found prime easier but you would think after mastering prime echoes would be easier.no its really not.Imagine someone who started their metroid experience with prime

I started with prime :)

Echoes was, to me, half of the time in a purple, dead landscape. It was a thrill to run through the poison-infested air. But the first Prime had something to it. The discovery. The thrill of continuing and fearing the next boss to be harder than the last. I loved Prime - and I quited halfway through and picked it up later again, with the same intese game in there -and Echoes was a great experience. I hated the bullet system, though, and it was more fighting than puzzling. I mad eit to the final boss, and in Prime to Meta Ridley, but never defeated any of both. Lovely games, though. I really hope that it get's a more adventure-based story again and the fighting is reduced.

I think another thing is the envoirments in echoes looked very very similiar.I mean in prime you had a lava world and a Snow world.Echoes didn't have that.i also think this is where mario sunshine fell down.Same thing.

Echoes basically had 2 worlds. The deserty world and the dark world, so yeah, but I thought sunshine had a lot of variation in it's levels.

well sunshine has generally the same theme though.nice sunny holiday resorts.Gets a bit boring.Compared with 64 which had yet again a lava,desert,snow,cave levels.

And yet, people still complain about games having "generic" levels like lave, snow, water, etc. levels in them. But it is what makes games more varied and interesting.

And yet, people still complain about games having "generic" levels like lave, snow, water, etc. levels in them. But it is what makes games more varied and interesting.

what who the hell complains about that?it depends what Game too.It woulnt siut gta but i mean even games like metal gear solid do this.

Echoes beat prime hands down. Mainly because it took me 100 hours to complete.

Echoes is definately super vague, Prime was a bit more fun though, and more true to the series.

Echoes took you 100 hours? 0_o....it took me about 20...

Anyway, I reckon it is probably better, some things were worse of course, like the weapons, but some of the locations in dark aether and the music was waaaay better...

Guest Jordan

Echoes deviated from Metroid Prime too much. I adore nay love the original but god damn I hate Echoes.

Its restricting, hand holding, stupid ammo system, pointlessly crap enviroments and level design.

I hope Corruption is more like 1 than 2.

Echoes deviated from Metroid Prime too much. I adore nay love the original but god damn I hate Echoes.

Its restricting, hand holding, stupid ammo system, pointlessly crap enviroments and level design.

I hope Corruption is more like 1 than 2.

Ha! Noob!

I don't get this echoes hate, its basically the same as the other one, more claustrophobic, which is good in a metroid game, the only bad part about it is the key hunt.

Ha! Noob!

I don't get this echoes hate, its basically the same as the other one, more claustrophobic, which is good in a metroid game, the only bad part about it is the key hunt.

Key hunts has become a cliche in games now.

Im looking at you Zelda, and umm, just so this doesnt get derailed, um.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!