NEurope
Ashley

Metroid Prime 3: Corruption

I thought that was fake. I don't really care about boxart, except the Pikmin boxart which must always own, but they could have put in a bit more effort.

I'm getting the feeling Nintendo sometimes doesn't feel like forking out any cash to graphic designers so just finds a member of staff with some rough photoshop knowledge to knock something up.

I like the boxart. Now all I need is a release date for Europe. Nintendo get to it!

No wifi symbol?!

People asked for no multiplater in MP3, so MP3 will probably not have multiplayer.

If MP3's controls do turn out to be fantastic, I sure hope that there's an FPS with these controls and online being made by Nintendo!

Otherwise, MP is all about single-player experience... although I wouldn't complain if a multiplayer was executed well!

Multiplayer deathmatch style is a bit no no for me in Metroid games, but how about some stand alone co-op missions? I can imagine some puzzles involving one person in morph ball and the other manipulating some switches to open and close pathways for the ball to move through... that sort of thing.

Multiplayer deathmatch style is a bit no no for me in Metroid games, but how about some stand alone co-op missions? I can imagine some puzzles involving one person in morph ball and the other manipulating some switches to open and close pathways for the ball to move through... that sort of thing.

Although this would be awesome, I'm not a fan of it... I'd like to think that, as Samus, I'm alone in this and solving this by myself... being a bounty hunter - This bounty is MINE!

I agree, when I think of Samus, I imagine a lone wolf type of character, who works alone. For that reason, I don't think co-op play would fit in. I think Nintendo should save that for a potential new franchise. I'd like to see them take a bash at an FPS, and literally go all out on it. Awesome single player, co-op, online multiplayer, etc.

I still think a multiplayer could work but i don't care if it's not there anymore. I just want the one_player.

I'd like to see them take a bash at an FPS, and literally go all out on it. Awesome single player, co-op, online multiplayer, etc.

But yeah I think Nintendo should finally make a proper FPS but obviously since it's Nintendo they'd put some original egde that separates it from all their other games, meaning it would probably be completely different to Metroid.

I'd love to see Miyamoto try and make an FPS and then fail after the Halo comment he made a while ago.

I'd love to see Miyamoto try and make an FPS and then fail after the Halo comment he made a while ago.
He'd fail at making it a FPS, and still make it better game than a FPS.

Yeah, I'd love to see that. (like he said he could make a FPS but I rather have him making something else)

He'd fail at making it a FPS, and still make it better game than a FPS.

Yeah, I'd love to see that. (like he said he could make a FPS but I rather have him making something else)

I just want Miyamoto to eat his own words for once. :smile:

I don't think Japanese developers can even make FPSes :heh:, anyway I'd much rather see Retro's next game be a new FPS IP with supervision from the guys in Japan like with Prime.

Nintendo also needs to capitalise on the MMORPG genre while it's popular aswell, even though I hate the series I know that the world would go nuts for a Pokemon MMO.

I just want Miyamoto to eat his own words for once. :smile:

I don't think Japanese developers can even make FPSes :heh:, anyway I'd much rather see Retro's next game be a new FPS IP with supervision from the guys in Japan like with Prime.

Nintendo also needs to capitalise on the MMORPG genre while it's popular aswell, even though I hate the series I know that the world would go nuts for a Pokemon MMO.

I don't think he was understood correctly, instead everybody jumped the gun on him. Any developer could make a FPS, just like any developer could make a Adventure game. Still Miyamoto knows what he is talking about, considering he designed and was executive producer for Metroid Prime.

Instead of a FPS he opted for a FPA, and he could have gone the FPS route easily, since it already existed. It was a decision, so he can say "I could have made a FPS" all he wants, yet, he didn't... and did something even better, IMO.

just a small question will it get online? will it get free or extra downloads?
Connect24 is confirmed, if that counts as some sort of online...

And I still remember this: (July 2006 Scan)

metroid3_multiplayer.jpg

I don't know if that's still (or was ever) in the plans, but... who knows.

It's nothing like it except for the fact that it has 2 people back to back lol

It's nothing like it except for the fact that it has 2 people back to back lol

It also uses the blue clashing red colour scheme and there's also Earth underneath Shadow too...

Those covers are pretty damn similar actualy, but luckily I like them both.

I dont like the boxart because it reminds me of this.

metroid_vs_sonic.jpg

Jostiq agrees.

I really like the boxart actually. Very colourful and attention grabbing.

Why is everyone obsessed with online muliplayer, metroid has never been about muliplayer?

Why is everyone obsessed with online muliplayer, metroid has never been about muliplayer?
I dunno, but maybe because that's a halo selling point and Sony is also doing halo-killers such as Resistance and Killzone II with that in mind (as the original killzone was also intended for Halo-killer purposes).

Seems like Nintendo is pressured to do the same, and people want a product to compete and use as bragging right against that. I think it would be a extra if it was like that, but I don't mind single player only.

If nintendo want to make a Halo killer then don't use Metroid, make another new franchise. Metorid is all about the adventure and the atmosphere IMO.

metroid has never been about muliplayer?

*Points to Metroid Prime Hunters*