NEurope
Ashley

Metroid Prime 3: Corruption

They could cut the graphics on the the field back a little. Plus the Wii is more powerful, and Metroid 3 has much bigger enviroments than in the past 2 games. No reason why it couldn't work using a modified engine.

Bigger environments? never thought of that before. Perhaps we may eventually get large fields and stuff:)

Imagine being able to use the boomerang, slingshot, and all of the other weapons while on the move while using a lock on similar to Metroid's.

Err..... You can do that already, what Zelda games have you been playing?

Ocarina of Time invented the lock on.

They could cut the graphics on the the field back a little. Plus the Wii is more powerful, and Metroid 3 has much bigger enviroments than in the past 2 games. No reason why it couldn't work using a modified engine.

The bigger environments seems to purely refer to larger draw distances with nice vistas, not gigantic feilds Samus can run around in (which would be pretty naff).

There's no reason why it couldn't work as a modified engine, but there's no reason why it would either. Zelda and Metroid are entirely different, with the amount of work that would go into modifying the engine they might aswell come up with a new one. We have no idea what the next Zelda will be like anyway, what if it requires the same kind of engine as Wind Waker? The Prime 3 engine wouldn't be remotely suited to that.

Err..... You can do that already, what Zelda games have you been playing?

Ocarina of Time invented the lock on.

I never said it didn't.

I never said it didn't.

I think there's a very slight chance you may have missed his point.

You're describing a lock-on feature in Zelda as if it doesn't already exist. When it does.

Games talked about in this thread, in order of frequency:

Halo

Zelda

Metroid

The thing I loved about the Metroid Prime games is the level of immersion they created!

All the goodness of Super Metroid but in 3D and with such a level of immersion... it really was, for me, the defining game of last generation! No other game came close to it, not even the immensely brilliant Res Evil 4!!!

With the controls of the Wii I can quite possibly see MP3C making it into my list of favourite games ever...

...right in at the number 1 spot!!!

Personally, I prefer the first one, even if it looks like a spiderman 3 ripoff.

poster1_huge.jpg

Definately an improvement over Echoes, but I still adore Prime 1's lovely boxart.

MetroidPrimebox.jpg

I never understood what was so great about Metroid Prime's boxart, three look's loads better, is that Earth I see underneath Samus?!

Oh Wow, I love the official boxart for Prime 3, that is beautiful!!!! Hhhhmmmm, maybe with a cover like that, even those who aren't Metroid fans will pick it up on a impulse buy because it looks so wonderful!

How can anyone love that.. feels so generic!!

I hope for a more artistic cover on PAL region!! (Metroid series.. never got them.. :heh:)

I really dislike the mirror effect. You sure that's official?

I think it's great, shows a conflict between dark and normal Samus and has a great colour and background effect to it. The blue on Red clash is great and the whole 'feel' of it is dark but appealing.

Biggest criticisim is the text saying "corruption" looks a bit kiddy.. hmm.

I really dislike the mirror effect. You sure that's official?

It's from Nintendo's press site.

I'm surprised that they've just used the in-game model for the boxart.

Don't really like it to be honest, don't really like the model they've used of Samus just standing there, looks pretty boring!

This is meant to be the final dramatic installment, so how about a dramatic pose from Samus!

It's also not particularly clear!

Is the darker Samus (standing behind Samus) meant to be Samus corrupted by Phazon?

then with Dark Samus in the background.

is it me or are they merging together? i like the official box art, but then i love metroid. Maybe it should be more exciting to get new people to pick it up. Do we know when this is out in europe yet?

You mean the box Gaijin posted is the real one?? I thought it was some fan made crap! I mean, it's still better than Echoes', but.... it's not great.

The box is pretty poor. The renders are fine and the perspective is interesting but the backround is totally amateurish, looks low res and really doesn't compliment the models at all. It gives off the feeling that the designer was fucking around with the design for a while and couldn't get happy with it so kept adding extra touches, like the red and blue glow and pointless overlay of Dark Samus in the background, in the hope it'd make the picture feel better.

Probably an improvement over the Echoes box overall but really sub par for such a huge game like this.