NEurope
Ashley

Metroid Prime 3: Corruption

That's 9 freaking years my friend. I did not felt the pain because i didn't knew what Metroid was but i don't want to feel it either.

Same here. My first Metroid game was Prime and this is the game that has drawn me in to the whole series. I couldn't bear a 7-9 year gap between MP3 and the next one. :cry:

I loved Super Metroid,some wait for Prime though...

Good thing there was other games to keep me going.There will be other Metroid games just not Prime as someone mentioned.

It wasn't really a "wait" with the Metroid series because I honestly never expected another one, it seemed like everything was over with Super Metroid and that the franchise wasn't going to be "milked" like the Mario and Zelda ones. It was a nice surprise when Fusion was announced (and the reason I bought a GBA) but I never really thought the series even needed to continue, it pretty much reached perfection with Super.

Metroid Fusion was such a good game, I beat it about 30 times... Why did they have to cancel Metroid Dread?

Maybe it never existed and maybe they didn't cancel it, who knows, Nintendo moves in mysterious ways.

So who would like to hear Samus speak?

I wouldn't. I think one of Samus' great qualities is her understatedness - it makes her a mysterious and interesting character.

IMO, giving her vocals would split people's opinion of her. Some would no doubt relish it, but some would find it irritating too.

And of course, she would doubtless have an American accent. :indeed:

So who would like to hear Samus speak?

I wouldn't. I think one of Samus' great qualities is her understatedness - it makes her a mysterious and interesting character.

IMO, giving her vocals would split people's opinion of her. Some would no doubt relish it, but some would find it irritating too.

And of course, she would doubtless have an American accent. :indeed:

I don't like the fact that there will be other NPC characters in the game. What I loved about prime was the immense sense of isolation, which I don't want ruined by whiney American voice-acting.

I don't like the fact that there will be other NPC characters in the game. What I loved about prime was the immense sense of isolation, which I don't want ruined by whiney American voice-acting.

I'm sure it'll be a mix.

Thats what I loved about Prime 1. I would play in the dark, no one would bother me, no voices just the beautiful music (Chozo over world theme).:heart: I was like in my own world, and now with voices it sort of will bring me out of that. And it not a dialog driven game, its only once in while I'm guessing. Like a neighbor coming to your house, says Hi and leaves.

As I stated before I really like the idea of talking NPCs. After all the characters have a mouth, so why not let them talk - it gives the whole thing a more lively feeling.

I wouldn't mind though if it was text only but I found the lack of a concrete storyline in the Prime games a bit boring. Metroid Fusion solved it perfectly for me. There was this Computer interacting with Samus and she reflected upon past things in the elevator scenes.

I don't care whether Samus talks or not though - either way is fine for me but it gives her a more mysterious and ruthless hunter-like attitude if she doesn't talk.

As i said before, i think this intro in the MP3 with lot's of other inteligent life form interactions is a good way to show is that a lot of stuff is happening between the Galatic Federation and the Space Pirates and that Samus is not the center of the Metroid universe. As long as the rest of the game (90% or more) gives us the isolation feeling, this introduction is nothing to be afraid of.

NO. SEX IS SO MUCH BETTER SILENT.

METROID IS ABOUT BEING ALONE. IT WOULD RUIN THE ATMOSPHERE.

Besides, wasn't she raised as an orphan by a alien species? Can't imagine she's fluent with the universal language English. It would ruin the authenticity if you ask me.

Can't imagine she's fluent with the universal language English.

Her Mission briefings are also in English and her missions are given to her by the Galactic Federation.

Now technically it could be any language but whatever it is, Samus and the Federation have the same.

Metroid Fusion was such a good game, I beat it about 30 times... Why did they have to cancel Metroid Dread?

They didn't. The whole thing about the game being cancelled game from one little unreliable fansite and somehow it spread everywhere. The game has just never been formally announced, it's kind of like Mario 128 in a sense I think, "Metroid Dread" is just a nickname for their current tests for a Metroid DS game.

Also, it really wouldn't be out of place if Samus spoke. She doesn't actually vocally speak but she has written dialogue in Super Metroid, Metroid Fusion and Zero Mission. It's not a whole lot, but it's there at least.

NO. SEX IS SO MUCH BETTER SILENT.

METROID IS ABOUT BEING ALONE. IT WOULD RUIN THE ATMOSPHERE.

Like... sex is better when silent and alone?

I'd say otherwise in that particular example. :p

Nice to hear. I'll keep my fingers crossed hoping that there's still a Metroid coming to the DS.

Like... sex is better when silent and alone?

I'd say otherwise in that particular example. :p

Sarcasm, I like her "EUGH" sounds when she falls. I was one of the people who thought she was strangely hot when she was unveiled in the Zero outfit in Smash Dojo. I was a little worried.. first time i've had an attraction to an animation before.

From slicedgaming:

'Six months have passed since the events on the planet Aether. The Galactic Federation's network computer, Aurora Unit, is suddenly and completely corrupted with something like a virus. The Federation believes Space Pirates may be behind the problem and, beginning with Samus, starts to contact bounty hunters. As they explain the situation to the assembled hunters, the Federation is attacked by the pirates. Samus and the other hunters leap to the defense of the Federation capital, only to find that the enemy the hunters face is the presumed-dead Dark Samus. Dark Samus is armed with immense power that no one can withstand. It soon becomes obvious that the foces controlling Dark Samus and the terror of the contaminated Phazon are a dire threat that could corrupt the entire universe.

The war initiated by Samus and the Space Pirates rages across many planets as they attempt to corrupt each with Phazon seeds. Players use the Wii Remote and Nunchuk controllers to explore alien landscapes, hunt for weapons and information, and destroy the seeds. Saving the planets isn't enough, though. Eventually, players must take down Samus' mortal enemy, Dark Samus.

Using the Wii Remote and Nunchuk controllers, players will be able to grasp and pull things by using actual arm movements, as well as execute amazing feats like aiming and blasting in midair or at a full run. The game also incorporates a new system involving Phazon. If you fill Samus' Phazon supply to a certain level, Samus will temporarily go into hyper mode, a state in which she can pull off incredible feats; on the flip side, if she exceeds the maximum Phazon level, she'll perish. Also, for the first time in the Metroid series, Samus' ship will be used in active game play.'

Hope they don't try and turn it into an all in wonder game like they did with Jak and Daxter 2, ruining the experience IMHO.

Mission: Drive Samus to the 3 bars located on the maps and smash the space pirate ships outside to get them off your back.

Samus meets GTA ROFL.

I think Dante's brain is connected to the internet. He just knows when a site updates with info... It's scary.

I think Dante's brain is connected to the internet. He just knows when a site updates with info... It's scary.

Kind of like Ghost In Shell. :laughing:

Eventually, players must take down Samus' mortal enemy, Dark Samus.

Again?? :)

as well as execute amazing feats like aiming and blasting in midair or at a full run.

Haha, that is truly amazing! ;)

Not sure about the Samus' ship thing. I *think* I remember reading something about it being remotely controlled, so I don't think the game will suddenly turn into Starfox. Thankfully!

Since there was this talk (in this thread) about what Retro Studios could do after Metroid Prime, and perhaps ressurect old titles, etc.

Then why not reading/comenting on what they did before:

-> http://cube.ign.com/articles/574/574119p1.html (full article, 11 pages)

Retro's Action Adventure:

-> http://cube.ign.com/articles/574/574119p5.html (w/ concepts)

Retro's NFL Football:

-> http://cube.ign.com/articles/574/574119p6.html (in-game)

Retro's Car Combat:

-> http://cube.ign.com/articles/574/574119p7.html (in-game)

Retro's Raven Blade/Rune Blade:

-> http://cube.ign.com/articles/574/574119p9.html (w/ concepts)

I think it was the NFL Football game which was closest to completion, so maybe we'll see that brought back.

Having said that, I would love to see them go down their continued pattern of FPS wonderness:

1. Turok.

2. Metroid.

3. Brand new FPS.

That first link is an interesting read. It's long but worth it. It makes you wonder how they ever finished a single game with all the trouble they had.

It makes you wonder how they ever finished a single game with all the trouble they had.
And why Nintendo believed in them to the point of handing them Metroid.