Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Zelda: Twilight Princess Discussion (SPOILERS: BEWARE)

EchoDesiato

I know most of you will hate me for saying this but I agree with owen that we won't see it till at least September[at least in Europe]

It won't bother me too much though as I have GCSEs in May/June and a massive Zelda is the biggest distraction I could possibly have. I'd love a release in June/July/August, but it won't happen.

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

September/October seems realistic to me also. I cant see it being released in August, that month is generally quite draught prone when it comes to games, and July is too soon, thats just 2 months after E3. So September/October just seems right. November seems to be a bit late as obviously, the Revolution should be on our doorstep.

I think they'll be aiming to get Zelda out at least a month before the Revolution, that gives people a month to play it on the GameCube, and also a month for people to get impatint and buy a GameCube for it (suckers). Then the Revolution comes along a month later and the game still sells like hot cakes because of the added features.

Where did you get this from?
just picked it up somewhere :)

There should be people on this forums who know that better than me ;)

wow, shigsy said this game would surpass OoT... none thought he was refering to the delays... :D

but I was just thinking...what if nintendo said " you know what? let's make it a November release date." then omg you guys what if they did the unthinkable and delayed it AGAIN past that! and said Q1 2007 then they said nah let's make it November 07 for the holidays then hmmmm maybe we need to add more to it so Q1 or Q2 2008 then welllllll u know what I think we should make it for a holiday release so Nov/Dec 2008...then welllllll u know it would be great to kick off the new year with zelda so we'll make it Jan 2009...........if that happened I would be unimaginably mad as hell at nintendo and would have DONE GAVE UP on this game EVER coming out! lol

but I was just thinking...what if nintendo said " you know what? let's make it a November release date." then omg you guys what if they did the unthinkable and delayed it AGAIN past that! and said Q1 2007 then they said nah let's make it November 07 for the holidays then hmmmm maybe we need to add more to it so Q1 or Q2 2008 then welllllll u know what I think we should make it for a holiday release so Nov/Dec 2008...then welllllll u know it would be great to kick off the new year with zelda so we'll make it Jan 2009...........if that happened I would be unimaginably mad as hell at nintendo and would have DONE GAVE UP on this game EVER coming out! lol

As much as i doubt that would happen,i would honestly start crying :P

If you're talking about dabookerman's pic I doubt very much that file was the iso of the demo, even with all the trash taken off the gcm.
I wouldn't doubt so much, the textures in Zelda TP are not exactly high definition, and there's still games comming out for PC with 700 MB and they'll run at high definition.

with optimization... it's possible... making Ocarina of Time with high resolution textures (enough for 1600x1200) would take as much as 70/80 MB in jpeg's... all the game, sure the texture work is repetitive nowadays, but still, if that was one of the key designing features for zelda TP... I don't see why not, after all gamecube even has S3TC that compresses textures further (meaning 64 MB of them equals 8 MB on disc)...

I was impressed, but I believe, there's no way they would be adding a Orchestrated Soundtrack otherwise (or rather... not a real a reason to do so).

2 discs would be too much of a handycap just to add Orchestrated music.

Anyway... I'd apreciate it if dabookerman shed some light into the matter.

Yeah there are some ways do compress it, but 39 Mb it's to much. I believe it's going to be a revolution game (when was the last time that nintendo did something logical?). What I don't believe is that there was a leak of the demo.

Anyway... I'd apreciate it if dabookerman shed some light into the matter.

Me too.

NO it will definetely be a gamecube title cuz they've already made it for gamecube! it's just gonna be compatable with the revolution and have extra stuff you can only get when you pop it into your revolution. the thing is it seems the game is gonna come out pretty close to the revolution's launch. that's all. and I don't get all this MB talk, it's all way above my head! lol

NO it will definetely be a gamecube title cuz they've already made it for gamecube!

It woudn't be the first game to be pushed to the next generation, much like starfox adventures and eternal darkness.

Nintendo repeatedly states that this title will be for GC, yet you ppl still think it'll come out for Rev...

Nintendo states a lot of things, if they did what they say every time we would already have the revolution, had played zelda in the gamecube and not having this argument.

Don't get me wrong I would love for zelda to come out tommorow and for me to be playing it, but it doesn't seem likely nor beleviable that we will see it on the gamecube.

first of all... zelda wind waker is just over 700mb

and that game was a fat sonofabitch, and yes, the 39mb is big enough to house a MERE demo. after all nintendo would know how to cram a lot of info on a small disc by now...but ffs its fake, it was a matter of copying, pasting and renaming...

some people are very gullible

you guys are stupid if you think it will be a revolution only title! it will be on gamecube first!!! JUST COMPATABLE FOR REV damn

Chill man. But c'mon Shino this isn't something that gets change overnight, Nintendo stated repeatedly and very recently that the game is for GC, they wouldn't change it for Revo just like that. I still believe in an April release, but I'm prepared for the worst. I have a lot of games to play until then, but the only one on my mind right now is this one :P

Nintendo stated repeatedly and very recently that the game is for GC, they wouldn't change it for Revo just like that.

And the head of Nintendo UK denied there were any plans to redesign the DS exactly 1 day before the redesigned DS was announced.

If Nintendo don't move Zelda over to Revolution as a launch title they are missing out on a cast-iron guarantee that Revolution will fly off the shelves. It's the only decision that makes any business sense. In fact, it's the only decision that makes any sense at all.