NEurope
EchoDesiato

Zelda: Twilight Princess Discussion (SPOILERS: BEWARE)

Is it bloom lighting though? It looks like effects I've seen in Metroid Prime 2 really.
I don't really know... to be honest I wouldn't jumt the gun on that one... It's not that dificult to make a faux Bloom effect knowing the technology.

They judged that [it had bloom] from a 320x240 E3 clip and EGM scans... If I had the oportunity to have the game at home and analyse it I might draw more conclusions but not like this.

but does it really matter? it looks great anyway.

Light blooming "spreads" out a light source. For example, a bright light in the background will appear to bleed over onto objects in the foreground. This effect is achieved by multiplying the image of the screen (lighten lighter areas and darken darker areas,) blurring the image, and drawing it over top of the original image. If there's a light source that is "brighter" than what the monitor can show, light blooming helps to create an illusion that makes the object appear brighter than it is, but at the cost of softening the scene.
Seems to fit the description though.

As for GC being able to do true Bloom, yes I'm sure it can, but will it run fast enough? specially considering the huge enviroments.

also:

Before HDR was fully developed and implemented, games would fake the illusion of HDR by using light blooming and sometimes using an option called "Enhanced Contrast Settings" (Need For Speed Underground 2 had this as an option, while Metal Gear Solid 3 had it on at all times).

Live and learn. Seriously I don't how the hell you know all that stuff :D

Live and learn. Seriously I don't how the hell you know all that stuff :D
research, research :grin:

That and being somewhat a graphics whore... there's nothing more beautiful than a game who pushes the hardware where it's running :love:

Show of hands people:

What versions are you gonna buy, what versions are you gonna play through.

I will be buying GC and Wii versions of the game, both at launch. If anything comes up that will limit me to one purchase, I will buy only the GC version.

I will then play through the GC version on a GC console, due to the fact that it is the original version, and for all intended purposes, how it really should be played. I will then move on to the Wii version(may be a gap of a month or two) and play through that with the wii-mote control style(there has been no confirmation as to if the wii version will have classic control style; and imho, I doubt it will, as the wii mote controls is one of its only selling points over the GC version).

I really don't want my TP experience to be spoiled by the wii controller, so that is why the GC will be my first port of call.

I'll be getting both aswell.And probably both on launch,just don't know which one first.

Will get the Wii version on launch day along with my Wii, and then maybe buy the GC version a few weeks/months after for nostalgia reasons.

I'll buy both...

Now, if the Wii version features a GC control scheme option I'll play that one first with a GC controller and buy a GC copy just to stay sealed...

If, for some reason they don't allow me to play with a GC controller on the Wii version... then I'll play the GC version first and only then, when I finish... I'll start the Wii version.

----------------------------------------

I'll leave in some new high quality scans of this month's EGM (still the best photos of Zelda in this years build):

lavalinks2ap.jpg

sceness1ig.jpg

bootss4ks.jpg

wolfs1bn.jpg

Those scans are amazing, I still can't wait for this game! I'll be getting the Wii version, I don't see much point in getting both. The Wii version will be exactly the same game, the only differences will be extra - nothing will be taken out as far as I know :)

Those screens do indeed look awesome.

I think I'll be getting the Wii version for the better graphics tbh.

Those screens do indeed look awesome.

I think I'll be getting the Wii version for the better graphics tbh.

what better graphics? according to what was said there will be no diference in that matter, this is a GC game. there's no point in changing that when it's that much optimized.

I thought the Wii version of Zelda would look better ,if not marginally better then the GC version????? Obviously not a whole graphical update or anything, but you know, a bit more polished or whataver. :wtf:

If not, I suppose it doesn't really matter..would have been nice though.

Show of hands people:

What versions are you gonna buy, what versions are you gonna play through.

I will be buying GC and Wii versions of the game, both at launch. If anything comes up that will limit me to one purchase, I will buy only the GC version.

I will then play through the GC version on a GC console, due to the fact that it is the original version, and for all intended purposes, how it really should be played. I will then move on to the Wii version(may be a gap of a month or two) and play through that with the wii-mote control style(there has been no confirmation as to if the wii version will have classic control style; and imho, I doubt it will, as the wii mote controls is one of its only selling points over the GC version).

I really don't want my TP experience to be spoiled by the wii controller, so that is why the GC will be my first port of call.

Thats exactly what im doing. I will buy both on the day of release and then play the GC version then I will play the Wii version after I have played all the other Wii titles that I will pick up.

ill just get the wii version at launch, thatll do for me. if you can pay it with the GC controlelr then thats a great extra but if not then i dont mind. that scan of link as a wolf looks really cool, i like it really colourful now, instead of black and white.

Im getting both versions... one because i can and two because i wanna try the game with both control schemes.

Nintendo have done a great job with the graphics eh! them scans are lovely!

about seperate timelines, every game that inck'ludes Tingle belongs to the same timeline (if there are many) no way that such a wierd being was spawned in two seperate realities.

Those scans are superb! It looks really enchanting!

I want this game so badly! :love:

I'm only buying the Wii version! :hehe:

what better graphics? according to what was said there will be no diference in that matter, this is a GC game. there's no point in changing that when it's that much optimized.

Last year, I felt like this game was looking better thant anything we had seen on the cube (Metroid, Sunshine's water, Wind waker, etc...) and I believed it pushed the cube hardware to its very limit.

Now it looks even better... on scans ! which can not give full measure. If this is still runing on cube, then imagine what Nintendo could do with a PS3 in hands :confused: : Shrek II is a shame.

I can't say for sure, but I think both game will be the same in terms of polygons, but that the Wii version will have better textures, lightning and effects as well as 16:9 aspect (which represents 33% more pixel/work).

If you're right, than :bowdown: Nintendo.

________

Live Sex Webshows

Edited by Philoss

Cube version runs in 16:9. On my magic TV anyway.

Anyway, I'll only be getting the Wii version. I've no doubt they'll put in the original control scheme, and then there's nothing worth it in the Cube version.

Buying both versions just seems way too fanboyish to me. 'O look at me I'm hardcore'... That's not going to cost me sixty big ones.

I'm getting both. Probably going to put the GC version on the wall, so I can pray everyday in front of it to the Nintendo Gods.

I'm not sure which I'll be getting to tell you the truth! I kind of feel cheated by Nintendo, as I wanted to play it on my Gamecube first with the traditional control scheme and then pop it into my Wii and use the new control scheme to give it a slightly more fresh feel when re-playing it

...WITHOUT having to fork out for an extra copy!

This is an injustice, Nintendo delayed the game for what is going to be almost, if not, a full year... and to experience the reasoning behind the delay and compare it to how it is traditionally played, we have to fork out extra!

As Masaki86 said, the Wii control scheme might not feel better to some people and could detract from the experience. Thats why I'd like to play in the normal control scheme first, then try the Wii control!

I don't know why the control wouldn't feel right. It's much more easy and intuitive to use the wiimote. Maybe the widescreen textures wouldn't fit in the GC disc, who knows. You didn't wait a full year just because of the wii controller. In fact I think that was one of the smallest reasons.

Does everyone realise that no matter how much we're looking forward to Twilight Princess, there will not be a Zelda Wii (a proper new storyline anyway). We had the hints before. Shigeru Miyamoto lied to us! I love Shigsy, I worship him for bringing Mario, Zelda and enjoyment to my home, but he said last year, early on that Zelda Revolution (it was called that then) was well into development. OF COURSE IT BLOODY IS! Zelda Wii IS Twilight Princess! How dare they port a game in development for years and call it a new game! We will not see Zelda Wii until the end of the Wii's life if we want a good game, then it will be delayed again because Shigsy has new ideas...

At the time they might not of decided that TP would be out in the Wii and I thought they were just starting it but either way will be a few years before a proper full Wii and I can't wait for this.

Does everyone realise that no matter how much we're looking forward to Twilight Princess, there will not be a Zelda Wii (a proper new storyline anyway). We had the hints before. Shigeru Miyamoto lied to us! I love Shigsy, I worship him for bringing Mario, Zelda and enjoyment to my home, but he said last year, early on that Zelda Revolution (it was called that then) was well into development. OF COURSE IT BLOODY IS! Zelda Wii IS Twilight Princess! How dare they port a game in development for years and call it a new game! We will not see Zelda Wii until the end of the Wii's life if we want a good game, then it will be delayed again because Shigsy has new ideas...

Nintendo are still making the other zelda game but we wont get to see it for awhile. Did you know that nintendo were making zelda:tp about the same time when Zelda:WW was coming out.

So what there are two version of Twilight Princess with one using gc controllers and other with the wii-mote, nintendo not making you buy the wii one.