NEurope
EchoDesiato

Zelda: Twilight Princess Discussion (SPOILERS: BEWARE)

So who reckons this is going to get a 98/99/100 score in ONM/Ngamer?

Probably, but you shouldn't think about things like that, it aint worth it, just love it love it love it yourself

No need to apologise friend, i'm just saying what everyone excited about it should think.

You scare me :( Your sig is differant over at the mario thread. WAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH Bunnys don't like changing sigs.

Hey!!!

What's the deal with that? Link was THE LEFT HANDED HERO and now he's just a hero? WTF!? Someone should sue Nintendo!

Link IS left handed!

The controls should be for left handed people!

Miyamoto is left handed too! How can he let that happen? :(

Breathe. Don't forget that you control the sword with your hand, it would be weird if you're a righty and Link a lefty.

Breathe. Don't forget that you control the sword with your hand, it would be weird if you're a righty and Link a lefty.

Yup. It will ruin the experience! Especialy in FPSs. I hope you can configure your hand in the console (or store it in the wiimote, whatever) e games will use it as default.

Link on the gamecube is left-handed and Link on the wii is right-handed.

IGN.

the-legend-of-zelda-twilight-princess-20060914082135161.jpg

I wonder why in this screenshot has a broken bridge which goes to small round area?

Easteregg from Oot? :hmm:

OK, we all know Link is left-handed. And with the gamecube controller it's doesn't matter if the player is left or right-handed. But as the sword-swinging is controlled directly with the wiimote, Link must use his sword in the same hand as the player. And probably all screenshots of the Wii version were taken with a right-handed player at the controller.

http://wii.ign.com/articles/732/732877p1.html

This is concerning, the game is so close to release and still the gaming journalists still aren't completely blown away by Zelda: Twilight Princess Wii version. The control mechanics remain to be an issue in this game. Probably seeing that it wasn't designed ground up for Wii this was bound to happen.

For example:

The slicing mechanic is not one-to-one, which means that it feels nothing like holding and swinging a baseball bat in Wii Sports Baseball, for instance. Rather, if players gesture a swipe, Link will also swipe his sword - but it may not be in the same direction. We motioned several up and down swipes and occasionally Linked sliced sideways anyway. This is not particularly bothersome because the overall control method still feels very solid, but it's noteworthy all the same.

I stick by what I said in other forum topics about this version of the game will suffer with review scores. It will be lucky to get 9 out of 10, the way its going... :nono:

It will be lucky to get 9 out of 10, the way its going... :nono:

What does it matter. As long as its fun :grin:

Link on the gamecube is left-handed and Link on the wii is right-handed.

IGN.

the-legend-of-zelda-twilight-princess-20060914082135161.jpg

I wonder why in this screenshot has a broken bridge which goes to small round area?

Easteregg from Oot? :hmm:

Alright to the oldies on the board. Think back years ago to cube-europe, Dante, Stocka you might remember this. Back when there were rumours of a OoT remake there was a concept picture, very arty, of a circle of land, surrounded by ravines, joined by bridges, and ruined architecture all over. Ofcourse we all deemed it as fake (because with cel-shading realistic never seemed possible again). Is it possible - was that real? There's an uncanny resemblence.

The guy playing Zelda in the IGN videos sucks at the game... I doubt it's that hard really.

Yeah that vid is meant to show off the swinging mechanics, the retards. Why does he just keep doing the spin attack?

I cant even imagine how surreal this game will be when i finally power it on in its full wide-screen, surround-sound glory.

We can see the light at the end of the tunnel now!.

Seriously though... a new massive land to explore that we have'nt seen the likes of since OOT. and more than likely much more epic (if thats possible).

Yes i know im stating the obvious. Just excited thats all.

Who here thought it would be 1:1. Like I said reviews will suffer because of this, but it means shit. It's way more fun to flick the wiimote than to press a button and the analogue. Not to mention that it hardly matters if you're slicing vertically or horizontally.

I heard the European GC version is cancelled. Anyone who can confirm/deny that?

thats how nasty rumours start. Give some evidence please or you'll just seem like a troll