NEurope
EchoDesiato

Zelda: Twilight Princess Discussion (SPOILERS: BEWARE)

Please people, by god's sake, tell me that GCN TP looks as good as the TP one, I don't care about widescreen or Wii controls (I love actual Zelda gameplay)

BUT TELL ME IF THE GCN TP LOOKS EXACTLY AS BEAUTIFUL AS THE WII VERSION!!!???

I cannot buy a Wii soon, so this is a vital thing to me :cry:

http://us.wii.com/soft_loz_tp.jsp

Theres another 4 new Wii experience Zelda movies... all short but there Rodeo movies, youll know what there about when you watch them.

img10073285104.JPG

Bigger Jap box art... and i still think that US and European box art is better.

I'm glad that isn't the US and/or Europe boxart. Big thumbs down from me. The one were getting IS WAY better than box which is average at best.

I'm actually pretty worried about the draw distance in the GameCube version. I mean, the Cube is pretty low on memory and the gorgeous graphics will surely take its toll. The Wii supposedly has more than three times the memory of the Gamecube so I'm sure it'll handle it fine, but I can imagine Hyrule Castle being mapped without textures as you approach it from a distance in the Cube version, considering the sheer size of Hyrule Field.

Oh dear, I caved in and watched those two videos on Wii.com. I'm not disappointed though as in all honesty, they didn't really give much away. I'm just even more hyped up for the game.

Watching the "opening" video was almost like watching a motion picture. Just beautiful.

That's it though, I am not going to be reading reviews or playthroughs though.

Bigger Jap box art... and i still think that US and European box art is better.
I think the box should always be gold for Zelda games.

My attempt at TP box art:

tpboxartshr3.jpg

Please people, by god's sake, tell me that GCN TP looks as good as the TP one, I don't care about widescreen or Wii controls (I love actual Zelda gameplay)

I cannot buy a Wii soon, so this is a vital thing to me :cry:

In the gamepro inteview they say theve touched up the wii a bit but not maxed it out

It will come in a gold box, they'd be idiots not to.

Ruining a tradition only spoilt by the Player's choice edition.

Also is this game fully orchestrated? Because that trailer was quite powerful stuffs.. it makes a game more lubricated when the music is good.

Always a pleasure never a chore like.

I watched a few seconds of the Wii.com Zelda videos and it kinda showed me a few things i wish i never seen. Not too bad though!

Thats it for me. I won't be coming in this thread or any-other websites which may contain spoilers. I'm not ruining it now.

I can't wait any-longer though!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :yay:

I think the box should always be gold for Zelda games.

tpboxartshr3.jpg

Nice. Though, the logo is too small and it shouldn't be in gold. The original colors makes it more visible.

nah that's TOO gold.In proper colour it would be awsome.i usually have that feeling about box art though.it should be better etc.wasn't fan of the wario ware gamecube box for instance.

It will come in a gold box, they'd be idiots not to.

Ruining a tradition only spoilt by the Player's choice edition.

Agreed. Gold box is mandatory.

Gamecube:

midnae3nx9.png

Wii:

midnaeu2.png

Omg... Won't the GC version be like in that trailer also???

I mean, I know there'll probably be a few differences, the picture will be more clearer and it'll be in widescreen, but still... Look how big the difference is! Midna looks so much different! Don't you think the new looks of Midna will be in the GC version too? Isn't the first pic here just an earlier stage of Midna for both consoles?

If not, the differences between the Wii and GC version is too big! It ain't fair! I really don't hope that this is right... :red:

tpboxartshr3.jpg

Wow! Really nice done, Redshell! It's nice! Though like the others said, maybe it shouldn't be that gold color maybe just its original colors ... and the logo should be slightly bigger. But I like that you get more than Link on the box. You have the actual "twilight princess" and the wolf in the bagground... neat :hehe:

You're surprised the graphics are superior on the next gen console? "Unfair"

BS.

I'm not *surprised* at all about next gen's graphics, but I'm surprised that they've made the differences that big, when they've been stated for a long time that the GC and Wii version of TP would be the exact same, despite the controls, widescreen and some smaller graphical stuff. But they have actually (if it's going to be like that) changed the looks of Midna, not completely but stil,l a big deal.

I don't think that's fair. :sad: Just because the Wii can go further with the graphics, it's not fair that Gamecube owners should be getting less experience with the game, when it's always been a GC title. The whole "new controls" stuff is really great, but they shouldn't go further than that...

Yeah, I'm probably sounding like a biatch right now, I don't care... :santa:

You get what you pay for. That's all it comes down to. You pay for an excellent new console; you get more out of your game. Both graphics and gameplay wise. It's rather simple.. You can't call it unfair either.

Ain't it unfair that those who just wanted it for the GC had to wait another year, so they could make it for the Wii? And then release the GC version a week, even a month after the Wii?

Did you guys really think all the bloom etc effects would be on the GameCube version aswell? And they stated before that the twilight realm would look different on the GC version.

And Knives, I doubt the delay was only to release it on Wii, I think they wanted this Zelda too be a Zelda fans wet dream so they've continually improved it ever since.

Actually, Aonuma says in the GamePro interview (scans posted above) that the graphics are identical on Wii and GameCube.

Exact quote:

"Because we were developing the Wii and GameCube versions of the Twilight Princess at the same time, we felt that we had to make them essentially interchangeable, so we haven´t touched the graphics in the Wii version. It´s certainly not the game that´s maxing out the powers of that platform. If anything, you could say that the graphics of Twilight Princess represent the maxed out capabilities of the GameCube."

You have the option to get it on Wii.. And you're not taking it, which is ok, but then you don't get to complain about it.

I'm sure the only reason that those Midnas look different is because the GC one is an old image. We haven't actually seen any new GC shots for ages, have we?

I'm sure the only reason that those Midnas look different is because the GC one is an old image. We haven't actually seen any new GC shots for ages, have we?

The E306 trailer was from the GC version and it did look a lot better than E305 trailer (thanks to bloom lightning and stuff like that).

I repeat, there are no graphical diiferences between the GC and Wii version.