NEurope
Ashley

Metal Gear Solid 4 Discussion

I like the middle East setting and Snake's 'grey' look, very wise. I always thought Snake aged slower than normal? I wonder why he's decaying too.

Those robots with the legs, it seems like the legs are made from something organic? Crazy.

Snake shares the same genes as the genome soldiers right? So is the reason they suck because they lack battle experience?

Who can see Meryl being the new Metal Gear star in future? I can.

I always thought Snake aged slower than normal? I wonder why he's decaying too.

Faster.

This game looks amazing. I can't wait. I really can't. Fuck you Kojima for making me spend so much money on this.

Faster.

This game looks amazing. I can't wait. I really can't. Fuck you Kojima for making me spend so much money on this.

When they said that next gen games were gonna go up, they werent fuckin around,,, £450 for MGS4 is madness

I want this game bad also but i'm not paying for a PS3 nor paying over 30 bar for a computer game.

Hideo Kojima; "Are you dhhuummb?"

I too can not wait for this game. It's the PS3 game i'm looking most forward to. The Metal Gear Solid series is just awesome.

I've yet to download the 15min trailer, is it really as good as everybody say it is?

I too can not wait for this game. It's the PS3 game i'm looking most forward to. The Metal Gear Solid series is just awesome.

I've yet to download the 15min trailer, is it really as good as everybody say it is?

Lets pretend the smash bros trailer wasnt shown right

right

trailer of the show

I just watched the 15 min trailer, and my initial reaction is "Why do the robots moo?" (Sorry for calling them robots, I never really played the previous games..)

Other than that it looks pretty cool.

No way I'm getting a PS3 though.

You know how Gamespot got the postcard about a Kojima game for the Wii?

Do you think it could be this game?

That would leave the PS3 without a leg to stand on, mind you...

Yeah what happened about that post card.. Surely it wasn't to do with Snake in Smash Bros?

Yeah, they always make Metal Gears make ridiculous sounds. Seriously, what's up with that.

The theory about the mooing Metal gears is to distract people, make em seem more alive or something, there was a more comprehensive explanation but too long to find.

Even though this game does look amazing (and I mean amazing) its still not enough reason to splash out £400 on a PS3.

I'm hoping that Konami wil release a MGS game for the Wii....but it'll look nowhere near as good as this.

Even though this game does look amazing (and I mean amazing) its still not enough reason to splash out £400 on a PS3.

I'm hoping that Konami wil release a MGS game for the Wii....but it'll look nowhere near as good as this.

Since the game wont come out till around november 2007, we SHOULD see a price drop of the ps3, which is why im hoping the ps3 bombs on launch. but what ever the price, when mgs4 launches, it will be time to part with the cash.

however, we wont be seeing an mgs game for the wii for quite some time.

and mgs4 wont be multiplatform so if u wanna play GOTY 2007 then its gonna cost £450.

I see a recurring theme here..I've already lost interest after MGS3.

If you didnt like cutscenes then stay well away from MGS4, as there will be cutscene aplenty ;)

There's no more stealth involved now.....its all about open battlefields and warfare......:cry:

There's no more stealth involved now.....its all about open battlefields and warfare......:cry:

Who said that?

There IS stealth in the game, snake has a much more upgraded camo suit now, he is literally wearing a chameleons suit.

the whole point is that the environment is fully destructable by the looks of things now. doesnt mean there is no stealth.

Just saw the extended trailer. Looks like there is some stealth after all....:heh:

The theory about the mooing Metal gears is to distract people, make em seem more alive or something, there was a more comprehensive explanation but too long to find.

Oh please I know that you're a MGS fan, but that's taking it to far. Cows? And what about Shagohod and the metal gears in mgs2 that also roared?

Is Big Boss actually in this game because i swear i have seen him in some artwork.

Another point, i'm not so sure i like the idea of Metal Gear Solid being set in the middle east because it will give it the feeling of a Ghost Recon title or Full Spectrum Warrior.

What i liked about the Metal Gear Solid levels in one and two was the feeling of claustrophobia (or whatever the correct spelling is) and now with desctructable environments and Snake's older form i'm just not sure if it is going to feel like the same game.

Is Big Boss actually in this game because i swear i have seen him in some artwork.

Another point, i'm not so sure i like the idea of Metal Gear Solid being set in the middle east because it will give it the feeling of a Ghost Recon title or Full Spectrum Warrior.

What i liked about the Metal Gear Solid levels in one and two was the feeling of claustrophobia (or whatever the correct spelling is) and now with desctructable environments and Snake's older form i'm just not sure if it is going to feel like the same game.

Thats exaclty how I feel about MGS4.....

I think its so funnythat Hellfire is bashing Sony yet he has a ps2, and remember its still up to 18 months off

I personally love the MGS games and the reason for that is because of the cutscenes. I know alot of people who bash the game saying its too much watching and not enough playing but to me thats what makes it great because you are drawn into the storyline.

Anyone have the link where I can download the 15 min trailer as I have yet to sample the goodness.

Lets see here. First of all, the whole game isnt set in the middle east. it is just one of the locations that you're in.

this has been confirmed, and i would think there are at least 3 other locations that u play in, maybe africa (zanzibar?) and manhatten would be obvious i would think, but thats just guesses.

Once again MGS may of defined the stealth series it was more about the story of the game, and always will be, if the story requires a more open setting then it has to be done. Again, people are basing the game of a single proper trailer that tells you very little things.

Snake is old for 1 of 2 reasons or even both:

Rapid ageing due to cloning

Foxdie (why else is naomi hunter in it?)

and the mooing?

Well here is the reason:

"It was said in an interveiw with Mr Kojima

the Metal Gears make these sounds to catch the enemy off gaurd

the sounds make the enemy (snake in this case) feel at ease..as if he was at home

or in a field...just listening to the nature..

supposably that same sound (the cicadas, mooing, ect) portrays that nature atmosphere

and throws off the enemy's sense of awareness."

In the 15minute trailer, all but 2 of the characters from the teaser poster from last years E3 were shown, the two missing were: Vamp and Big Boss

Vamp is alive, if you wanna moan about how he is still alive then bring it

Big boss will make an appearance, how? well he is dead, and is heavily burnt to a crisp.

I suspect the next trailer will be at TGS or somewhere.

Well after finally watching the 15 min trailer I can say I was pretty underwhelmed by it. Sure Raiden looked cool owning all those Metal Gears but what really disappointed me in the trailer was the lack of the MGS theme. I love that song and it has alywas been in the trailers in some shape or form...ah well.

Im also a big fan of the series but I agree the noises of the machines is getting beyond a joke. I not suprised it catches the enemy off guard they are probably asking themsleves " Why the hell is a machine mooing??!!!"