NEurope
Ashley

Metal Gear Solid 4 Discussion

I personally don't mind the mooing noises...something different you know???

The fact that someone was underwhelemed by the 15 minute trailer instantly removes their position as a "huge metal gear fan"

Theres no theme music in the trailer because, harry gregson williams aint done it yet, and they want to show that this metal gear will be the darkest yet.

The fact that someone was underwhelmed by the 15 minute trailer instantly removes their position as a "huge metal gear fan"

Thats a stupid statement. Its like watching your footy team play and said they played rubbish and then someone saying well you cant be a real supporter then.

To be fair I expected a response from Dabookerman so no big deal there. Fact is Im still a fan of the series but the trailer did nothing for me. Music can make all the difference case in point is the Halo3 trailer. Its only like 2 mins long but it gets the job done of getting me hyped for the game especially when the music kicks in.

Thats a stupid statement. Its like watching your footy team play and said they played rubbish and then someone saying well you cant be a real supporter then.

Nope its nothing like it. The trailer shows a lot of things that will be talked about story wise, the fact liquid has full control over ocelot, meryls return, a suicidal snake, and many more issues, every metal gear fan ive spoken to is completely hyped for this game now.

Oh, and they loved the music.

Nope its nothing like it. The trailer shows a lot of things that will be talked about story wise, the fact liquid has full control over ocelot, meryls return, a suicidal snake, and many more issues, every metal gear fan ive spoken to is completely hyped for this game now.

Dont get me wrong Im still looking forward to the game and yeah there is much to discuss as I visit Gamefaqs boards often to read everyones theories Im just saying that the trailer, despite giving us the oppertunity to discuss how the story will go, was very lacking in giving me personally a spine tingling feeling.

I guess we have to agree to disagree here booker. No hard feelings.

Dont get me wrong Im still looking forward to the game and yeah there is much to discuss as I visit Gamefaqs boards often to read everyones theories Im just saying that the trailer, despite giving us the oppertunity to discuss how the story will go, was very lacking in giving me personally a spine tingling feeling.

I guess we have to agree to disagree here booker. No hard feelings.

Well lets look at the first mgs2 trailer, no one knew about raiden until the game was released.

the first mgs3 trailer had snake walking around in a jungle, running from dogs, and shooting in a jungle filled with fire. told nothing of the story.

but yeah if u wanna end this then be my guest

Well lets look at the first mgs2 trailer, no one knew about raiden until the game was released.

the first mgs3 trailer had snake walking around in a jungle, running from dogs, and shooting in a jungle filled with fire. told nothing of the story.

but yeah if u wanna end this then be my guest

Yes but both had the epic music in it ( remembers MGS3 trailer when snake jumps off the waterfall ) which is what im saying music goes along way to help make a trailer, for me at least.

Yes but both had the epic music in it ( remembers MGS3 trailer when snake jumps off the waterfall ) which is what im saying music goes along way to help make a trailer, for me at least.

I do remember that none of the zelda twlight princess trailers not having the theme but still keeping people hyped. Its got new original music, as does the mgs4 trailer, u dont need a theme to be played all the time to keep someone hyped.

I do remember that none of the zelda twlight princess trailers not having the theme but still keeping people hyped. Its got new original music, as does the mgs4 trailer, u dont need a theme to be played all the time to keep someone hyped.

Yes but the first Zelda TP Trailer had the epic music from Conan I think it was and that fit well with it. Take Shigsy at E3, all he had to do was come out and wave a wand with Zelda music on and everyone loved it thats the power a tune can have.

I understand that a game needs to develop more but I have come to expect the same MGS music on the trailers which is probably why I was disappointed with the trailer.

A good example is at the movies when seeing a trailer. Alot of movies using the same epic music for the trailers because there is a sense of familiarity with it and it hypes you up for the movie in question. It has always been the case. Its probably why alot of bad movies seem to do so well. :grin:

Yes but the first Zelda TP Trailer had the epic music from Conan I think it was and that fit well with it. Take Shigsy at E3, all he had to do was come out and wave a wand with Zelda music on and everyone loved it thats the power a tune can have.

I understand that a game needs to develop more but I have come to expect the same MGS music on the trailers which is probably why I was disappointed with the trailer.

A good example is at the movies when seeing a trailer. Alot of movies using the same epic music for the trailers because there is a sense of familiarity with it and it hypes you up for the movie in question. It has always been the case. Its probably why alot of bad movies seem to do so well. :grin:

Well how about you try making the mgs4 trailer, using the same imagery we see in those 15 mins, you try and fit in the theme. the theme is heroic, its rousing. the trailer shows a suicidal snake, putting the theme on a suicidal is nonsence. its a sad trailer, its showing the big boss/solid snake saga is coming to an end, i think sad music is fitting.

Sorry for the late reply I just popped out to get a tan.

Quite rightly so you couldnt use the Theme which is whats so disappointing to me I see exactly what you are getting at as it wouldnt fit. What im saying though is that I expected to hear the music but I didnt get to therefore my expectations werent met hence making me feel underwhelmed.

Could you two just stop arguing??? Its only a bloody trailer, no need to get so riled up about it...arguing about the music used in a goddamn trailer??:hmm:

psh.....

Could you two just stop arguing??? Its only a bloody trailer, no need to get so riled up about it...arguing about the music used in a goddamn trailer??:hmm:

psh.....

Sorry about that just a difference of opinion thats all.

*Raises white flag and calls a truce*

I've never been a MGS fan so only after reading about the muuuing robot's I got curious and downloaded the trailer, the theme of the story seems really exciting and compelling, but like all other MGS, they screw it up (my opinion) with incoerent and irrealistc stuff like the muuing robot's that do karate kicks and high heeled ninjas. Still, I hope this game one day comes to xbox360 cause that's the only way i'll play it.

I've never been a MGS fan so only after reading about the muuuing robot's I got curious and downloaded the trailer, the theme of the story seems really exciting and compelling, but like all other MGS, they screw it up (my opinion) with incoerent and irrealistc stuff like the muuing robot's that do karate kicks and high heeled ninjas. Still, I hope this game one day comes to xbox360 cause that's the only way i'll play it.

I know where you're coming from....

Definately going for the Raiden wallpaper. Its fookin awesome!!!

Can't believe Raiden is actually the cool character now!!! He is siiick! But his high heels make him look like a pansy.

Definately going for the Raiden wallpaper. Its fookin awesome!!!

Can't believe Raiden is actually the cool character now!!! He is siiick! But his high heels make him look like a pansy.

Im guessing so he can realisticly jump higher then normal. and he can hold swords on his feet:P

But yet, its on my desktop right now, its pretty awesome.

New info from PSM2

MGS4

‘The trailer’s key revelation is that Snake will be equipped with an active camouflage system called ‘Octo-cam’- a fusion of Octopus and Camouflage.

Kojima is keen to point out that an Octopus can change it’s colour, pattern and shape - mimicking bumps, holes and texture. Using this, Snake can ‘melt’ into the backgrounds, mirroring the dimensions of his environment – a graphical effect only possible on the PS3.’

‘Stealth is still a key priority. ‘‘You will not have it switched on all the time and your face won’t be invisible’’, reveals Kojima. ‘‘But if you stay still the suit will blend in automatically. It will return to normal if you move.’’

Scenarios will be dynamic, so if your covering wall explodes, you’ll have to quickly lay flat to merge with the floor.

‘‘You might want to avoid using the Octo-Cam all the time’’ advises Kojima. ‘‘Because if you rest by a toilet, you will absorb it’s pattern, and that will not be stylish’’.’

‘Sadly, the environments may not be as destructive as first thought. ''We want the entire scenery to be interactive, but even on the PS3 there are limits. In some buildings you can destroy everything, but in other rooms only certain scenery – it should be easy to tell them apart’’.

For example, in the trailer the Metal Gear destroys the stairs, but the main platforms remain intact.’

‘Snake will have a variety of new moves to explore with – including one inspired by Kojima’s military training, but this is secret.’

‘MGS4 will embrace the PS3’s 6D movement function, but how is still to be decided.

‘’Perhaps you could use it for the FP view, or to shake down guards for items (like in the past MGS games), but nothing is decided’’.’

‘MGS4 will also link with PSP’S MGS PO, but the format is still been discussed.

‘’It will be linked with the ongoing MG-Online project, which may be included with MGS4 or released separately’’. All 3 are linked.’

‘Our suggestion that Snake may have to complete his mission before his countdown (6 months) runs out was met with a curious response. ‘’We can’t comment. But a time limit makes a game more dramatic, so it will be included to some extent.’’.’

‘Kojima admits that Snake’s old age reflects his attitude to working on MGS4.

‘‘We wanted to show Snake’s human side, that he is hurt and aged but will still battle on. I’m over 40 years old and still designing MGS games, in many ways I’m also on a battlefield.’’.

So, is Snake’s fate a metaphor for Kojima’s involvement with MGS ? ‘‘Yes … my Metal Gear will end. The series belongs to Konami, and the fans, but I have the liberty to stop, and this will be my last MGS game.’’

They also asked if Snake will be able to shave in MGS4. He said no.

a graphical effect only possible on the PS3.

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

OH OH OH! OH OH OH!

Look how old 'Snake' and Liquid Ocelot are in the video clips. They're about the same age, no? So, this isn't Snake, as in, Solid Snake, it must be someone else. Big Boss? Notice the eye patch and the fact that he goes to visit the Boss's grave. Also, note the fact that Meryl, Otacon, Colnel Campbell, and Raiden haven't aged all that much in comparison to Snake...

Why does he have two eyes when he's at The Boss's grave? A glass eye perhaps? And with the mention of Outer Heaven...

I'm liking the possibilities behind this latest game already.

Now someone contradict me...

OH OH OH! OH OH OH!

Look how old 'Snake' and Liquid Ocelot are in the video clips. They're about the same age, no? So, this isn't Snake, as in, Solid Snake, it must be someone else. Big Boss? Notice the eye patch and the fact that he goes to visit the Boss's grave. Also, note the fact that Meryl, Otacon, Colnel Campbell, and Raiden haven't aged all that much in comparison to Snake...

Why does he have two eyes when he's at The Boss's grave? A glass eye perhaps? And with the mention of Outer Heaven...

I'm liking the possibilities behind this latest game already.

Now someone contradict me...

Er foxdie and the cloning of solid snake is what is making him age quickly...

or have i missed something here?

To be honest, Ocelot should probably be in a wheelchair by now. I would get all excited by this game but Kojima seems more intent on making an interactive movie rather than a game. MGS was great, haven't played MGS2 and I was falling asleep watching my friend play MGS3.

The game seems to be quite often just filling time between FMVs.

To be honest, Ocelot should probably be in a wheelchair by now. I would get all excited by this game but Kojima seems more intent on making an interactive movie rather than a game. MGS was great, haven't played MGS2 and I was falling asleep watching my friend play MGS3.

The game seems to be quite often just filling time between FMVs.

Well MGS3 lasted around 25 hours, thats if u include the 2-3 hours worth of cutscenes, understand, this is one of the most story driven based games out there, cinematics are crucial, after all Hide-chan wanted to be a director afterall