NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
RATM_4_EVA

"Did God create everything that exists?"

Haha good 'ol Albert, always in for a little n00b bashing.

And for the record, humans created god :p

lil' quickie, see who knows it; if an unstoppable object meets an immovable force, what happens?

lil' quickie, see who knows it; if an unstoppable object meets an immovable force, what happens?

The two cannot exist in the same universe, I believe.

This seems like the most reasonable response:

"If an unstoppable force meets an immovable object, the force will simply assume a different vector. This is super simple physics at work. If you are trying to say that the force cannot change vectors then the force will simply change form such as in the form of sound energy, heat energy, light energy, whatever."

Why not?

I mean, that's just the easy way out :P There is a lame answer (not too lame, don't worry) and.. that ain't it

Think about it. Say the immoveable object stops the unstoppable object, the unstoppable object cannot be unstoppable, as it has been stopped, and vice versa. One of them will have to give in.

yeah BUT.. Read what I said. That's not the answer I'm looking for. I think I'll just say it now, as it might get built up and people could get dissapointed.

The unstoppable object becomes immovable, and the immovable force becomes unstoppable. Y'see? Like those metal balls you see on an executives office desk where the forces get transferred. Bah, go read Walking On Glass - Iain Banks. I'd bet Bowser57 would know what I'm talking about.

"Absolute zero (-460F) is the total absence of heat; all matter becomes inert and incapable of reaction at that temperature. Cold does not exist."

yeah I still dont know why cold dosnt exist. :heh:

Cold as it was said is just a term, our mesure of temprature, really measures to energy particles have, and when you get to -273.556 (right?) the particles stop moving, so really what cold is is just slower moving particles, so you could just say its less "heat" or energy then a warmer object.

-And it's a neat story, weather or not einstein said it, though it wouldn't suprise me, as i think he had a belive in God on some level.

A less intelligent but easier answer could have just been that he allowed freedom of choice rather than making us puppets.

Einstine pwnd that teacher well and trewly! lol i lik ethat article on elete talk lol! :P

zxxcyzcxz.jpg

Take The quiz yourself!

Pretty cool argument. Doesn't really top Hume's readings or Descartes Meditations where he claims the devil is infact God and is deceiving us all (meditations II).

Love philosophy. Ironic how they all end up apeshit insane or kill themselves.

*runs at himself with a carving knife*

Can someone tell me the difference from the chirstian god and lets say, the Hindu, or ancient Greek's. the only diff. I see is that the Jewish faith just thrived longer, grew and divided then multiplied. It is more popular because it thrived in Europe. If it was another religion, we would be praying to another god or gods or something. :heh:

yeah BUT.. Read what I said. That's not the answer I'm looking for. I think I'll just say it now, as it might get built up and people could get dissapointed.

The unstoppable object becomes immovable, and the immovable force becomes unstoppable. Y'see? Like those metal balls you see on an executives office desk where the forces get transferred. Bah, go read Walking On Glass - Iain Banks. I'd bet Bowser57 would know what I'm talking about.

Meh, no such thing as an immovable object anyway, everything in the universe is in motion.

Come to think of it, everything in the universe is moving with an unstoppable force.

To prove that God doesn't/does exist you'd have to specify what interpretation of God you were referring to. I could say that God to me is any forces we've yet to understand, and in that case wouldn't my God exist? Well, that's just an excuse, but I'm not religious.

I'm no Stephen Hawking, but isn't heat caused by the prescence of energy? So therefore shouldn't be "cold is the absence of energy"?

yes and no, its incredibly hard to remove all energy from an object or area. there's even energy in a vacuum. in actual fact theres no such thing as a true vacuum really...

Sign in to follow this