NEurope
CoolFunkMan

System of a Down to go on "Hiatus"

http://soadfans.com/Article368.htm

Fuck... :(

They 'aint breaking up, which is a good thing, I just can't believe that they aren't gonna at least tour Europe. I 'aint ever seen them live either! I know thier only human and I respect that, but at least one last European/UK tour would be nice. Last year they even confirmed that they were gonna tour the UK this year. Though a long hiatus could result in them breaking too far appart, and I don't want that to happen.

*Sigh* I feel really depressed atm.... :weep:

cheer up mate. Aint the end of the world...:indeed: :awesome:

cheer up mate. Aint the end of the world...:indeed: :awesome:

I know, just that this is quite a downer for me. They're one of my fave bands who I've never seen live before. "Hiatus" doesn't strike me as a good thing...

damn thats a shame, they are the only rock band in the west that i ever wanna see live. i guess ill get to see ones i want when i move to japan then.

They 'aint breaking up, which is a good thing, I just can't believe that they aren't gonna at least tour Europe. I 'aint ever seen them live either! I know thier only human and I respect that, but at least one last European/UK tour would be nice. Last year they even confirmed that they were gonna tour the UK this year. Though a long hiatus could result in them breaking too far appart, and I don't want that to happen.

I know this isn't going to cheer you up, but I've seen them live, and I don't even like them.

It was great!

I saw them at Download last year, was pretty good but ot worth headlining the last day. i have al their albums and I still cnt get into hypnotize. Until they can make an album as good as S.T, Toxicity and Mezmerize I'd rather they not do anything. Lets hope Serj does some solo stuff cuz he is a much better singer than Daron.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, I too always hoped to see them live one day, another awesome band bites the dust :'(

Well, if they aren't gone for too long, this can be good, in all honesty their last CD was a little too much of the same.

Well, if they aren't gone for too long, this can be good, in all honesty their last CD was a little too much of the same.

mesmerize was great filled with so much varity but hypnotise was a lil too similar as you say but its kind of the heart of the double album and it really hammers home what they were trying to convey-overall i felt the last double album was great! and i just hope they come back in 2 years with another huage album!

I kinda started to lose interest in seeing them live after i heard thay ddn´t want to play in iceland because the goverment supported the war in Iraq that was said when they had been touring in USA and Britain...... :indeed:

They could have said they weren´t interested in playing not say some bullshit....

I kinda started to lose interest in seeing them live after i heard thay ddn´t want to play in iceland because the goverment supported the war in Iraq that was said when they had been touring in USA and Britain...... :indeed:

They could have said they weren´t interested in playing not say some bullshit....

Noone wants to tour iceland it's too cold :heh:

Yeah, thought I'd just rub it in a little more too and tell you that I saw them live at Leeds a couple of years ago. The crowd was absolutely mental, so much so that the barriers at the front buckled and there was a big crowd collapse. Was on the news if I remember.

They were absolutely awesoem though.

System are such a great band and overlooked by too many as just a screaming, shed building metal band

if you look at the video for Lonely Day, they look like they could use a long vacation

Noone wants to tour iceland it's too cold :heh:

The beutiful women nullifi that

Damn, i haven't seen them live yet either, the one time they came to ireland they choose the date for while i was on holiday, that was about 5 years ago now i've been waitin paitently for them to come back and now i have to wait even longer still. Oh well, one day....

I saw them live in Hultsfred last year, and that was great! I wanted to seem them live again soon, but now that's probably not happening :/

Seen them live, which was excellent. They're only having a break.

Damn, I actually like System alot they're on my top 10 fav. bands list.. Proably on my top 5 too...

Off topic:

Hey! You're a AVA fan!! wii!

Did you listen to blink back in the day? (Before they went on a "hiatus" too :nono: )

What is it and bands going on Hiatus lately ! damn.

Yeah, it seems like alot of bands like this hiatus thing... Damn them! :smile:

Damn, I actually like System alot they're on my top 10 fav. bands list.. Proably on my top 5 too...

Off topic:

Hey! You're a AVA fan!! wii!

Did you listen to blink back in the day? (Before they went on a "hiatus" too :nono: )

Yeah, it seems like alot of bands like this hiatus thing... Damn them! :smile:

Im a very big Blink fan which was shown in my old sig (many thanks j7). Saw them 4 times, loved em followed them since about 96/97 when they released Josie and Dammit over here in the UK. This Hiatus hoo har is a load of rubbish, it's like the trendy thing to do.

Guess they'll be thinking of some new original thought provoking lyrics like "Why don't Presidents fight the war?"

jk, I actually own most of their albums. With so many other new bands for me to listen to I'm not that worried.

Couldn't give a flying toss; been shit since they released the album 'Toxicity' imho.

Spiders and Sugar were good early tracks though.

Ey, masak86, Sugar isn't just a good track, hearing it live is like being on extacy, without, you know, the extacy :P

j/k but I feel their best albums was the first and the second, and it's been downhill (with a few bumps) since then.

Guess you can only cut yourself so many times before there's significant blood loss and you have to take a break to recouperate.