NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Schizoid Man

Jimi Hendrix on Weed...

...is a pretty spectactular experience. I smoked a powerful two skin by myself in my room, got over the paranoia, slipped on my earphones, and went on a spectacular journey to the sweet sound of Electric Ladyland. It was pretty spectacular, songs like "Have you been...?" and 1983 are mind-fuckingly ahead of their time and blow you away even more so when stoned, while All Along the Watchtower was aural bliss, soooo satisfying with that slide solo.

Anyway, :D:D:D , hippie rambling aside, what other albums have you guys enjoyed under the influence of da herb. To start the list I say:

Jimi Hendrix - Electric Ladlyland :o

The Mars Volta - Frances the Mute (and particularly Cassandra Gemini, which is 40+ minutes of ambient epic space prog jazz funk, holy shit, with that orchestra, you feel so much more in tune with this piece when high.

Sigur Ros - Agaetis Byrnum, not sure if you guys are familiar with this Icelandic band, their new album Takk was just released, but my god, the blissed out epic soundscaped are the perfect stoned non cheesy soundtrack to heaven.

The Doors - The Doors, seminal album, try listening to the End after a spliff without writhing about furiously on your bed...

________

ZX14 vs Hayabusa

Edited by Schizoid Man

I would say most things by the Floyd would be good. Also, some Godspeed You! Black Emporer and Explosions in the Sky would be good.

Don't smoke the gange though, so i wouldn't know.

Firstly your sig is too big...

and secondly, i don't smoke weed, but i'm guessing a lot of Sigur Ros' and the Mars volta's stuff would sound pretty amazing while on it (from what i;ve heard of the effects)

I'm also gonna guess a lot of the faster Satriani, Hendrix type stuff would seem pretty cool aswell.

EDIT: yes, can't believe i forgot Explosions in the Sky... Also, you should try some Blues while on it, could beinteresting.

...is a pretty spectactular experience. I smoked a powerful two skin by myself in my room, got over the paranoia, slipped on my earphones, and went on a spectacular journey to the sweet sound of Electric Ladyland. It was pretty spectacular, songs like "Have you been...?" and 1983 are mind-fuckingly ahead of their time and blow you away even more so when stoned, while All Along the Watchtower was aural bliss, soooo satisfying with that slide solo.

Anyway, :D:D:D , hippie rambling aside, what other albums have you guys enjoyed under the influence of da herb. To start the list I say:

Jimi Hendrix - Electric Ladlyland :o

The Mars Volta - Frances the Mute (and particularly Cassandra Gemini, which is 40+ minutes of ambient epic space prog jazz funk, holy shit, with that orchestra, you feel so much more in tune with this piece when high.

Sigur Ros - Agaetis Byrnum, not sure if you guys are familiar with this Icelandic band, their new album Takk was just released, but my god, the blissed out epic soundscaped are the perfect stoned non cheesy soundtrack to heaven.

The Doors - The Doors, seminal album, try listening to the End after a spliff without writhing about furiously on your bed...

Love Hendrix he rocks. :grin:

gomez and goldfrapp's debuts were my albums of choice during my substances phase, godspeed and aphex twin can be mindfuck's too though.

just don't do chems. That shit'll fuck you up.

Any music is good when stoned. You appreciate little things a lot more.

weed or whatever you wish to call it = shit. and going by the state of stoners i know, i can't see the point in it, get battered for abit yeah but then be unable to remember what you did the day previous amongst a whole host of other side effects. my sister smoked the shit for years and she's alot worse off for it too.

you might as well just skip that shit, try some class A substance or something once to say you've done it if you don't want to be seen as boring. if other peoples opinions matter that much to you.

they recently made magic muchrooms class A so there's a good start.

Yeah, I know there's a lot of side effects you wouldn't want, like the complete loss of motivation (apart from creating music...), lapses in memory and a (admitedly nice) feeling of dazedness the morning after a particularly rampant session. BUT...while I'm 17, I do like to use this time of freedom and innocence to enjoy das herb. Providing I can shake the habit into my twenties and do well enough with my education, it's harmless enough. OR IS IT??!!!

Anyway, to add to that list I say The Piper at the Gates of Dawn by Pink Floyd, the first, freakedelic Syd Barrett album, and Kid A by Radiohead, which is pretty cool. I haven't tried Drugks by Aphex Twin, but imagine it would be pretty spinny.

________

CR125M

Edited by Schizoid Man

Yeah, I know there's a lot of side effects you wouldn't want, like the complete loss of motivation (apart from creating music...), lapses in memory and a (admitedly nice) feeling of dazedness the morning after a particularly rampant session. BUT...while I'm 17, I do like to use this time of freedom and innocence to enjoy das herb. Providing I can shake the habit into my twenties and do well enough with my education, it's harmless enough. OR IS IT??!!!

Anyway, to add to that list I say The Piper at the Gates of Dawn by Pink Floyd, the first, freakedelic Syd Barrett album, and Kid A by Radiohead, which is pretty cool. I haven't tried Drugks by Aphex Twin, but imagine it would be pretty spinny.

you'd be surprised just how much damage you're doing to yourself. you're at the worst age for using the stuff too, whole life ahead of you, thats a long long time to regret doing something because of the harm its done. i know too many people who are fucked up because of that fucking plant. i'd recomend getting off the shit asap. chances of you listening are pretty much nill tho i fear. after all, you know best etc :indeed:

I think you need to chill out just a tad. I smoked weed rather too frequently in the summer holidays between AS and A2, went on a ten day holiday without the stuff, and now back at college I have reduced my intake to a spliff or three on a Friday night, and sometimes a joint in the four hours of free lessons I have on a Wednesday. Work comes first, but I'm not gonna kick the habit when there are so many great experiences I've had, and willl have, until I can say I'll be happy without the stuff. My life doesn't depend on my 'stash', I won't touch skunk, and I don't know best, but do know that starting getting stoned is something I won't regret because I'm intelligent enough to know it's a bad thing to go to far.

Phew, any more albums anyone cares to add?

________

magic flight launch box

Edited by Schizoid Man

Darkside of the moon the whole album with the lights off and haedphones. Trippy to the max.

**** nods in agreement ****

Not forgetting the whole of 'Wish You Were Here' - classic stoner tripout. To be honest though pretty much any Floyd will work will.

For some reason Skunk Anansie's 'Post Orgasmic Chill' has also worked well for me.

weed or whatever you wish to call it = shit. and going by the state of stoners i know, i can't see the point in it, get battered for abit yeah but then be unable to remember what you did the day previous amongst a whole host of other side effects. my sister smoked the shit for years and she's alot worse off for it too.

you might as well just skip that shit, try some class A substance or something once to say you've done it if you don't want to be seen as boring. if other peoples opinions matter that much to you.

they recently made magic muchrooms class A so there's a good start.

It's a whole different experience smoking weed then taking magic mushrooms, you don't always want to hallucinate or feel alot of weird things, perhaps you only want to kick back and relax, or have sex(sex on weed = great, sex on magic mushrooms = not so great... at all, or atleast very very weird).

Drugs are pretty lame.

But I won't go on because you are a Radiohead fan.

Of course, everyone into Radiohead don't value other's opinions on drugs, because they're into (yawn) depressing shit, or are all complete druggies or something. :heh: Wes, you're an eejit.

sex on magic mushrooms = not so great... at all, or atleast very very weird.

Orgasms on mushrooms are fantastic.

Last night went to pub then back to a mates flat and opened a nice tasty bag of skunk :) we listened to Californication - Chili Peppers :D then after it ended we just sat there for like 10 mins before i missioned to the kitchen to aquire some custard creams :P

Radiohead is by far and away the best music for getting stoned to.

Following closely behind is Pink Floyd.

Oh yeah, War Of The Worlds - the Jeff Wayne musical is quite terrifying when you're half cut, good retro music.

But then again just about anything sounds good when you're whacked.

Last night went to pub then back to a mates flat and opened a nice tasty bag of skunk :) we listened to Californication - Chili Peppers :D then after it ended we just sat there for like 10 mins before i missioned to the kitchen to aquire some custard creams :P

Hahaha, that's so true, typical hometime munchies include a ham sandwich, two packs of crisps (french fries and frazzles are favourites), a twix finger or two, and if we can mission it down to the 24 hour garage, a chicken slice. Another mantra we developed was "bananas and shrimps...!" whenever we had munchies from an early stonage where we found ourselves with a large bags of foamy bananas and shrimps from the BP garage and they were so, so delicious. Also, I recommend turkish delight, that is a flavour explosion. :grin::grin:

And thanks Schpickles, I've seen plenty of 'Do or don't?' threads, it's a completely individual thing, you either take (and take note of) the risks involved, or you look after your health a bit more and miss out on the brilliant sensory overload stuff, music, films (fight club is highly recommended high, and donnie darko) it creates. Anyway, to those out there drinking frequently, and warning us of the dangers of Cannabis, the main risk is the same with both drugs - that you'll get sick of soberness and get addicted or whatever.

Anyway, BACK ON TOPIC, Climbing up the Walls by Radiohead is bloody terrifying if you've smoked enough, and me and my mate also listened to Sober by Muse, which was brilliant, and Stockholm Syndrome, which intesifies the orgasmic chorus even more. Quality bands. Shit, can I also add Bitches Brew by Miles Davis, which is absolutely intense.

I have nothing against doing the odd bong here and there. It's about moderation. As long as you're totally aware of how drugs/alcohol can mess you up I'm pretty sure you'll be fine.

Although I wouldn't touch anything more than a bit of weed. Last Friday night some guys came in to work, who had clearly just done a line or two of coke (they kept rubbing thier noses) and were basically bouncing off the walls. I served them about 8 shooters each and about 5 scotches over a period of an hour or so and they walked out of the pub looking as sober as a preist. One of them stood there nodding to the beat of the music chewing his cheek like it was piece of jerky. No doubt he felt it when he came down.

What about The Gorillaz, their stuff is (just like all music, then) way more intense when you're stoned. The difference between this and other stuff is it's clearly made to be listened by stoners.

Alright, you want some real good stoner music?

Massive Attack - Mezzanine (Tracks from)

Tony MacAlpine - Maximum Security

Steve Vai - Passion and Warfare

Cypress Hill - Most Albums :-P

For a start...

The Febuary 18 edition of Britains NEW SCIENTIST Magazine reports that the Geneva-based World Health Organization surpressed, under political pressure, a report which confirmed that marijuana is safer than either alcohol or tobacco

It is on the inside of the sleeve of the self titled album after the lyrics for "Mind". The album was released in 1999 so good luck to anyone who wants to find that magazine.

Sign in to follow this