NEurope
Funktion

Metal Slug coming to Wii...

SNK just announced that they will release a compilation of Metal Slug games for the Nintendo Wii.

This compilation will include Metal Slug, Metal Slug 2, Metal Slug X, Metal Slug 3, Metal Slug 4 and Metal Slug 5 + a few other surprises (probably Metal Slug 6).

Check IGN for the full article:

http://revolution.ign.com/articles/704/704020p1.html

god damnit you beat me by 10 seconds.

Do you mind if I say HEEEELLLLLLLL YEAAAAAAH!!!

Brilliant stuff. I bought Metal Slug 3 a few weeks back for the PS2, and it's been some of the best co-op play I've ever experienced.

FUCK YEEAAAAHH!!!!!!

Damn right! :hehe:

So I think you controll the gun with the fhc...draw a little circle to rotate the gun...with all games in one package that´s really cool, and I think it´s going to sell @ 29,99€ or the like...

these games are really nice arcardes...looking foward...

That'll be interesting... the controls I mean. I love Metal Slug games, all those games in 1?! Thats absolutely delicious, I can't wait! I'm glad to see all these games coming out for Wii!!!

Brilliant with SNK back on Nintendo hopfully we will see come Ne Geo virtual console action? Now that would be sweet.

yes yes yes!

Love the one I have on my xbox.. fun to find out how hard those 2D games actually can be

i have yet to play a metal slug game but ill defintly get this one when it's released. I wonder if some/all of the games will be avaliable on the virtual console at some point.

OMG, now this is good news...

I mean... This could even mean that Revolution also emulates Neo Geo arcade systems on the virtual console... well, it could happen.

yeah, that whould be very cool it whould defintly add some beef to the vc with snk's 2d fighters.

I've always wantedto play these games but somehow never got round to it. So this is a high possibility of being bought by me.

I'm presuming this will be coming on a Wii disk and not be available through the VC as it utilises the FHC.

It does bring up the point though can downloaded games use the FHC?

AWESOME!!!! and it's an EXCLUSIVE!! (other than a PSP version, but that will lack all the fun of the controls)

SNK revealed exclusively to IGN today that after a long absence from Nintendo's home consoles it has signed up to develop games for Wii,

"Fans worldwide have been looking forward to our return to Nintendo platforms and what better way then to bring our complete Metal Slug arcade collection to Wii," SNK Playmore USA Corporation president Ben Herman said in a statement. "The Wii controller will be used in a new and unique way that enhances the gameplay. Our fans have demanded that we support Nintendo platforms. Let the celebration begin."

This is fantastic news; Wii is impressing fans and developers and the support is back!!

Fanatstic stuff. I don't know a single person who doesn't love Metal Slug. I love you SNK! Looking forward to what you bring to the party.

This is awesome news. I've been wanting to get into a healthy slice of Metal Slug for ages now. I got the GBA version which is quite fun, but the prospect of the bigger arcade versions all at once is, frankly, boner inducing.

Metal slug is not that good.

I'm excited about the use of the controller but I didn't know that downloaded games could use it. Is it a download game for sure?

aaa... so it's a separate compilation game

I have read the article now, sorry

Metal slug is not that good.

I'm excited about the use of the controller but I didn't know that downloaded games could use it. Is it a download game for sure?

It says in the IGN news story that it will be SNK's first title for Wii, so I'm guessing it's going to be coming on a Wii disk.

Wierd the Gamecube disks are Wii than the Wii's ones!

This is fantastic news.Great to see all the games getting announced.Looking forward to this.

Frickin awesome news! considering I just lost my Metal Slug 3 for Xbox.